• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Ness discussion

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Chival is right, I heard that they were looking for follow-ups and lead-ins to Fair/Bair.

Some of the ones I saw that seemed legit were:
Fair > Fair
Fair > Bair
Bair > Bair
Bair > Fair

Some guy suggested using other moves but was laughed out of the thread by seasoned Zelda players. I think it was deleted unfortunately :c

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481

A move that is a setup for itself...

Does anybody else see it?

Zelda is lame because you have to camp her to win. She just gets absoulutely ***** by camping. Counterpick dk64 hit her once then run away the whole match. Why is that stage legal?

Anyways back to Ness. Let's talk about Ness vs. Fox. What do you guys think of the matchup?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Zelda's a *****. I hate playing vs. her. I try to make it as gay as possible.

In other news, Ness vs. Fox matchup.

D

Deleted member

yea zeldas just a ****ty character with the most boring metagame possible and anyone who plays her should hate themselves.
If you don't want me to beat you with zelda, I'll still ness ditto you too :)

sage if you want ness ditto practice play me, my ness is way better than chu's and we live in the same house like 5 min from you.

edit : fox vs ness is atrocious.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Mow I'm in Richmond now actually. I would like to play you again though. You're a smart player and I need practice against a variety of characters (Namely Fox and Shiek).

Rumikun

Smash Apprentice
Mow I'm in Richmond now actually. I would like to play you again though. You're a smart player and I need practice against a variety of characters (Namely Fox and Shiek).
i just played chu for like 2 hours in zelda vs ICs and he won most of them. we didn't play any ness dittos though thankfully.

if anyone wants to play me I mean you guys know where chu lives right?

and no i don't really play anymore, but zelda is easy and *****. one-trick pony lol.

edit: umbreon on my fiancee's account. whoops.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
You shut your wh0re mouth, GrimFandango!

Mow: suppppp...would be dope to play you again...sadly, I'm on a completely different hemisphere at the moment [until Feb 8th]

Will you be at Pound 5?? I might only be able to attend day 1 [and the Friday night before the tournament]

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm going to go Peach. I might go Ness if I think it's hopeless, just to see how I'd do with him. I would like to give it a shot with Peach. I'm thinking of going Peach the first match and Ness the second.

toasty

Smash Hero
Nah, I don't main Ness anymore.

Marrrrrffffff ^_^

Tipped Off 5 I went all Ness and did not do so well XD Took 1 game off of Colbol and was like "alright, I can live with that"

XD

Pound 4 I bounced between Fox/Marth and used Ness once against Zhu [and didn't get completely *****]

Apex was my first tourney as a Marth main...

BUT YEAH find me at Pound 5 if you wanna Ness ditto =D

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I don't know if maining Ness is that bad. Sure you probably won't win any tournaments for a while, but would you if you played other characters?

IDK I suck.

toasty

Smash Hero
Maining Ness is probably the worst idea you could ever have.
It was a dark time in my life...

I don't know if maining Ness is that bad. Sure you probably won't win any tournaments for a while, but would you if you played other characters?

IDK I suck.
It isn't about winning tournaments, fool (and even then that's an argument so flawed that I almost wish it was a serious discussion so I could debate it XD)...but on the real, while being a low-tier main gave me a different perspective on the game as I learned about ATs and the competitive atmosphere, there was a great deal that I learned about the game by playing better characters. [heads up: not much substance ahead]
I wish I could better explain what I mean but you truly are limited as a player [especially your growth] by maining Ness. By using a character that can better apply techniques in a wider variety of situations, you're exposed to more information that teaches you things like: how to edgeguard more efficiently, what certain characters' vulnerabilities are, how players react to varying forms of shield pressure (okay now I'm really talking out of my ***)......before you say "duh that's why they're higher tier characters," my main point is that (almost) all of this information can actually be applied to your Ness. You ever wonder why some really good players who don't main Ness and have never been known to use him frequently still manage to beat/contend with decent/good players? It's not just "they're smarter" or whatever...using better characters, in my experience, will make you a better player overall.
But none of this changes one simple fact: In the grand scheme of things...

TL;DR - Ness is ****ing terrible.

I wanna fight your Ness wif my Zelda. :bee:
uggghhhh FINE.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
I have a copy of Melee, and I play it sometimes. But its so much harder then brawl. Airdodging can`t be abused, and its easier to fet combo`ed. The moves have more hitstun also. It seems like it takes more time to get used to. Maybe even more skill

toasty

Smash Hero
Wha...this response...it's...almost too good...

I have a copy of Melee, and I play it sometimes. But its so much harder then brawl. Airdodging can`t be abused, and its easier to fet combo`ed. The moves have more hitstun also. It seems like it takes more time to get used to. Maybe even more skill

Edit: forgot...someone asked about Ness vs. Fox?

Matchup: pray that the Fox is garbz

Jono

Smash Apprentice
Ness vs Fox:
idk yo
Foxes try to cc Upsmash/shine a lot
Shine wrecks a lot of Ness' moves simply because of its speed (Djba- nope -> get shined)
Try not to miss grabs
They nair -> jab/shine a lot

D

Deleted member

Zelda does beat Ness, but I don't think it's by much if Ness decides to play as homo as possible.
not even tbh. ness's approach game is severely limited by simple DI away on the initial hit and CC for everything that isn't grab. Ness can't really do anything good/gay to zelda except outplay her and combo her if she loses her footing. and ness can combo her pretty well, but a clean hit is just hard.

idk, I feel like i'd beat any zelda with ness and any ness with zelda. i'm so cocky lol.

toasty all I've been practicing with is chu's gayass ICs. going to any char that doesn't OHKO me will be a lot of fun lmao.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
How does Ness combo Zelda? I have problems landing combos on Peach and Zelda when they di away...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
yea, besides that lol. That's a near universal combo.

Dair also combos, but are there nair/fair combos?

I wish I could see a video where a Ness fairs somebody across the stage. I think it might be possible... it's just mad hard...

Top Bottom