• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Ness discussion

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Attempting to revive this board. Ask Ness questions here. Discuss Ness. The like.

First thing to discuss. D-tilt on FoD's falling platforms acts kinda like peach's d-smash. FoD is now one of my favorite stages for Ness after finding that out.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
has anyone tried to cover all tech options on platforms with pk flash? (lol)

i know it's probably not really applicable in any serious matches. but it def seems like itd be funny as **** to pull off in a friendly

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
im pretty sure you can stomp -> pk flash techcase spacies under pk stadiums platforms

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If you know they have to tech on the platform I think you should hit their tech with another Dair and combo that into charge F-smash.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
all of ness's aerials ****

they can all combo really well except for bair which has great utilty elsewhere.

low djcffl nair is sooo good for comboing, it combos into grab, another djcffl nair/other aerials, the last hit of dash attack(this looks so cool). nair is better for comboing then uair vs floaties.

edit: also does anyone else mess around with dropzone fair?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I do dropzone fair with Shiek and starting to incorporate it with Peach. With Ness it's really risky cuz of his ****ty recovery and he doesn't really go out that far...

Nair has really good combos, you just have to be really fast to use it like that. I'm not fast enough for that though...

D-tilt on FoD platforms:

Let's say you have a tall person like Marth stand on the ground and his head is going through the platform. You can d-tilt his head continuously. If the platform starts falling then it's even better. D-tilt might be able to beat some aerial from below, though I've never tried that on other platforms.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
you can recover from a dropzone fair with ness simply by double jumping and then airdodging. You don't have to use your upB.

also, i wonder if CC usmash would be applicable at all with ness. His upsmash is second farthest reaching in front ground move (next to his fsmash) and it's 4 frames faster. His other cc options have pretty crappy range, (grab, dtilt) so usmash might be useful vs like sheik/marth. This is theory smash, haven't tried it out yet tho, but its something to think about

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey I was talking to me, myself, and I we were wordering if the best thing about ness was his hat? I wanted to ask the extra hardcore ness mains for some truth.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
shut up fool.

if yur guaranteed to hit with the fair, then theres no risk involved. and even if yur not guaranteed the risk isn't that high since you don't have to use your up B to recover.

come back when yu know wtf yur talking about

otg

Smash Master
Yeah, because ness is SOOO safe with that amazing dj of his right? Cause its so fast and doesn't like arc in an awkward way that begs to be hit by your opponent as he's recovering? I mean, if it's guaranteed it's one thing, but using it like marth's or something to cover a DJ or something just seems risky.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yes because falcons should never EVER attempt a dropzone because they have to use their upB to get back which "begs to be hit by your opponent as he's recovering".

otg

Smash Master
yes because falcons should never EVER attempt a dropzone because they have to use their upB to get back which "begs to be hit by your opponent as he's recovering".
See there's a difference tho. Falcon's moves have range and are fast, and for the most part they will only Dropzone if there is a set up into it. Ness really doesn't have any of that.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Falcon also goes out much further when he dropzones.

Pk fire ***** Nana. You have to try to separate them. Don't get grabbed, wobbles + solo popo chain throw (lol Popo means butt in romanian).

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
don't encourage otg to come back into this thread

tht pk fire thing is very overrated.

ics disjointedness is hella frustrating.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Stop fighting, take it to pms.

IC climber matchup is really bad for Ness. Pk fire and his general evasion tactics are the only things he's got.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Nice to know that you talk about a 13 year old boy in order to heat up ur sex life.

So anyways. I've started to the yoyo's more often. They are actually somewhat useful.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i've always liked upsmash and thot it was underrated. It's disjointed and the arc it makes seems like it cud intercept alot of stuff.

It's lag time holds it back... my newest idea is ccing sheik/marth and doing usmash. Maybe trying to hit a yyg, or atleast just popping them into the air.

spaced charging usmash might be good on sheilds. Since it seems like it wud sheild poke almost consistently if their sheild isn't full. But they could probs just buffer roll n escape. charging usmash is dece vs ccing since yu can't really punish it if yu get hit while ccing and just sit there taking the damage.

however, the move is hard to set up in most of these situations. Honestly you should watch mofo play. He dash dance baits and punishes appraches with yyg. So fckin good

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
aiight, i'll watch them in a bit. I have random really old vids of my ness up. You can ytube search 'yedi ness' or somethin. actually, i think i posted them here

And i saw mofo's ness in person. It's so good like legit

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
I've been out of the loop for a while, but I'd like to contribute to the Ness community again. ^_^

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
playing with mofo right now

he just showed me how to upsmash oos with the A button and not Z. Apparently if you do it with Z you can't yyg at all.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Mofo has mastered the yyg? Tell him to put videos on youtube or somewhere on the initernet.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Ness is cool.

How do I approach characters with more range? My Fair keeps being CCed. Dash attack keeps being CCed. And my grab sucks and they're gay and keep hitting me when I try to get close enough to do it.

I've had some rough success with Dair and Nairing into them really fast a la swing jump but I need more. Someone help me.

I've also tried stuff like empty SH to see if they'll twitch. Sometimes it's free F-smash, which is fabulous. But I need something more substantial.

Top Bottom