• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Ike Discussion, Q&A, and Video Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
As the video section of this thread hasn't been updated in quite some time, if a different dedicated member would like to create a new video thread then please do so. PM me once the new thread is complete and I will give it a sticky.

And for the new thread, I highly suggest creating some sort of "best of" or "hall of fame" for the videos here. Its a very efficient way to show off the character to those who are curious as to how good the character is, among many other advantages. It will definitely be well worth the minimal amount of time it takes in the end.

BigBossSnakeKun

Smash Rookie
I would like to know the moves of Ike...can anyone please tell me how can these moves be executed?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BLvOlFyhpdo

How is the dash executed?

The move @ 5 seconds

The move @ 8 seconds

The move @ 12 seconds

The move @ 45 seconds

The move @ 1:06 minutes

It seems so difficult to me...need some help...:( I just started playing brawl....and I like Strong players like Snake and Ike despite being heavy...

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
<_< The move at 5 and 8 seconds is his forward B, quick draw. If you do not hit with it there;s no delay at the end of it.

The move at 12 seconds is his neutral air.

The move at 45 is the pivot jump back air. Run, hit the opposite direction briefly to turn around, jump at the same time then hit the direction you were originally going and hit a.

The last one is the pivot grab, run, hit the opposite direction briefly and hit z at the same time.

BigBossSnakeKun

Smash Rookie
Thanks alot..hopefully I can execute this the right way. :)

Whats quick draw by the way? sorry still new with this brawl experience..

Veggi

Smash Champion
If someone is going to hit you with an attack without alot of force behind it, use the shield button so the move won't knock you too far, then use grab right after it. So you can grab them right after the attack. If someone is going to use an attack that will hit you away even if you shield it (something like Dedede's up b) so they can't be punished for using the move. Hold the shield button and when they are about to hit you, press down while holding shield so you can avoid the move. Using this is called a spot dodge because you can dodge a move without moving. Sometime you might want to dodge roll by holding shield and pressing left or right.

To avoid projectiles the best option for me is to just jump over them.

BigBossSnakeKun

Smash Rookie
I just tried to do QD but it failed..I can't do it...side b doesn't seem to work..I can't do the same as the one in this screen shot..

Shugotenshi

Smash Cadet
In Rykoshet's recent video, he said something about Having Tap Jump for an Utilt after a Jab Cancel or whatnot. What was exactly done and how was it done? And how does it differ from uptilting after jabbing without tapjump?

Shugotenshi

Smash Cadet
Also my bad for necrobumping XD I was just looking thru Ashunera's Library's Links and didn't notice this thread was this old o.O haha

metroid1117

Smash Master
In Rykoshet's recent video, he said something about Having Tap Jump for an Utilt after a Jab Cancel or whatnot. What was exactly done and how was it done? And how does it differ from uptilting after jabbing without tapjump?
He was referring how the opponent in the video was DI'ing up but couldn't jump out of the combo because he had turned tap jump off.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Pierce and I were discussing this regarding meteor cancels. If you attempt to jump out of something but you're in hitstun the game sort of locks you for a brief few frames, however for some reason tap jump does not make this happen, and can you can mash up on the controller however you need to. Since he was already DIing up, he would have jumped out well before I finished that combo.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
What about him. An inexperienced Ike in pool 1 named fuggles who got 3 stocked by Pierce, Anther, Lukky, Yoster, Probrawler, and Camalange. Since he was on the live stream tv, people were entertained that an ike was taking his licks. Since fuggles didnt use a tag, people just called him Random Ike Guy. Guy's nice, on the shy side though, think he was intimidated by it being his first tournament.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Omg, stop bumping this old thread. ;-;

Use the new one that is stickied. Can we get a lock on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom