• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Sieguest

Smash Master
Were you trying to SND at that point?

I know sometimes whenever I'm practicing that happens me.... but I don't understand it....

hmm may be what R3d d0g said, but I'm not sure as I think you were synced back whenver you did that IB off the edge....

Smoom77

Smash Master
I don't even know what SND is. Lol. Super Nana Desync?

Well, all I did was a dashdance and it desynced me. No shielding or anything.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Dunno if anyone checks this anymore (let alone actually answers questions) but...

I can get backthrow -> fthrow walking chain grab, but when I backthrow popo goes all ******** and I can't backthrow again without making him move too much before the throw initiates. What am I doing wrong? D:

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
Just a random stupid question, but how many Ice Climber mains actually use a controller set-up that isn't GCN?
I don't use any controller that isn't for the gc, but my controller set-up is a bit different. I use X as my grab, still having Z as an additional grab for charging smashes. I have tap-jump on, and I have my left trigger set to attack, just for the sake of trying something new while desyncing.
Anyone else cg using any button other than Z?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i use R. my setup is tap jump off, and R for grab. everything else is default, though i may change Y to grab just for the hell of it.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
I don't use any controller that isn't for the gc, but my controller set-up is a bit different. I use X as my grab, still having Z as an additional grab for charging smashes. I have tap-jump on, and I have my left trigger set to attack, just for the sake of trying something new while desyncing.
Anyone else cg using any button other than Z?
i use the same controls haha

my finger gets tired from all thar grabbing ya know? so i gotta have 2 grab buttons :p

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I use X button to jump for my hobbles, so I cant change that, Y seems too out of the way for me to grab, and I'm still addicted to tap jump. =(

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
Y has always been my jump button. X just feels nice to cg with. However, I use my tap jump for tons of fun desyncing stuff ;)

J4pu

Smash Champion
anything you can do with tap jump off you can do with tap jump on

and many of the things are a lot harder with tap jump off (maybe not IC's techniques, but other characters)

J4pu

Smash Champion
@r3d: I've played falco since the game came out and also sheik within the last 6 months, I've never heard of anything like that.
link to thread or it didn't happen

Dash, Cstick down, swing Astick up + R (I have R set to attack)

but compared to the multiple things that tap jump off makes harder (DACUS, Usmash OoS, squirtle's sliding usmash thing) having Utilt be easier isn't that important, maybe it's just from melee but I have no problems using Utilt. Now reverse Utilts, those are fairly difficult to do consistently.

The only character I've ever thought tap jump off would be a better choice for is yoshi, so that he can use his UpB before his DJ. But if you just think and plan ahead it's not even necessary for yoshi.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
well, its fantastic that you can do it consistently, but for the other millions of people that seem to find it annoying we enjoy the option to turn it off and, surprisingly enough, can still play well. what a surprise.. from even my experiences with melee, everyone has found tap jump to be an annoyance rather than a benefit. i can desync better without tap jump thank with it, seeing as how i can randomly lose a jump if i happen to be holding up when i get hit or accidently jump when i'm trying to make nana do uairs while i utilt. both offer different approaches, but having tap jump off allows you to engage more interesting nana tactics with a much lower margin for error.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I play default controls. Turning tap jump off is silly lol.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'm so weird. I got my controls from the Lucario boards when I tried to main him. I stuck with them. I have tap jump off, X is grab, Z is attack, and R is special (sometimes i use R for sh-IB because that desyncs rather quickly). I love it a lot, but it takes a while to get used to.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I just play with default, I dont want to learn my own combination of controls, forget to put them in when I go to a tourney, and completely fail. Also having tap jump off never made much sense for me.

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
I'm really not a fan of the Link vs IC MU. I played a pretty good Link named Ninja (lol) and it's just a really annoying match if the user is good.

Zero Hour

Smash Apprentice
I had this idea but as of right now I haven't been able to try it because I haven't had time to practice it.

Can the ICs desync using a bdacus... and also If anyone knows like a step by step video to learn Bdacusing please post it.

I just thought this could have cool aplications depending on how far it goes, like bdacus to desynced blizz or sumtin, which would be kinda cool against MK

Blobby

Smash Cadet
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but how do you do the inescapable or the chain grabs that get enemies to a huge percentage? I tried using find but it never really helped me. All I know is the Grab, down, grab down, and the grab, down, nana jumps, forward air, grab again.... etc. I haven't played Ice Climbers in a while, so can anyone give me a good idea on how the pros do chain grabs?

theunabletable

Smash Lord
^No. Theoretically this is how matches should go:
Shield>use that perfect shield SDI to get close to them after they hit your shield>shield grab>GGs

Top Bottom