• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
What is the LD1 and LD2 exactly?

And I think I read this method of desync somewhere, but let me know if it's not right please:

Push control stick softly in opposite direction of where you're facing, then dash in the opposite direction and input something like an Ice Block.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Okay, LD2 in my opinion can best be described as an application of Reverse Inital Dash (RID) Desynch.

By buffering a turnaround out of any other input while grounded, you can then RID and have nana in which you can input a command. This happens because of nana's standard timing being 5(?) frames behind popo, you then extend that time by buffering a turnaround (which nana will execute) then a Dash in the opposite direction (nana can't execute this because she is currently preforming the buffered turn around and cannot accept any other inputs at that time)

So LD2 goes <command> -> buffered turnaround -> Dash other direction -> <command>

****, that was a mouthful. Lux come through and correct me.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I don't think it has anything to do with the RID in terms of desyncing, but LD2 seems to operate on mechanics similar to SND, only when combined with buffering out of a few special windows (what I call LD2 exceptions) cause a very frame tight desync with lenient frame windows of input.

Everything else you said is pretty much correct though.

LD2 Exceptions (that I know of) being: Grab, Pivot Grab, Dash Grab, Up Taunt, Side Taunt, Down Taunt, Spot Dodge, Forward Roll, Backwards Roll, Crouch, synced IB, and same direction blizzard.

I forget if desynced Belay was one as well off the top of my head

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
It sort of depends. If they are at low percents, you can actually solo dthrow both of them across the stage to forced low grab release via pummelling. If they are at different percents, this can often kill them.

Otherwise your best bet is to separate them so one climber isn't able to interfere while the other is being CG'd.

idask

Smash Rookie
It sort of depends. If they are at low percents, you can actually solo dthrow both of them across the stage to forced low grab release via pummelling. If they are at different percents, this can often kill them.

Otherwise your best bet is to separate them so one climber isn't able to interfere while the other is being CG'd.
Could you write some sort of quide for this? : )
Have seen a lot of good IC's out there, and i see that while the one climber is grabbing him the other one it loading a upsmas, or forwardsmash --> leading to instant k0

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I don't think you meant "on" Ice Climbers but "with" Ice Climbers. There are many ways to do so, the most popular being Back throw -> Down Throw.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yeah, when they don't know the MU, it's basically free. Blizzard allday and when they try to deal with it, BAM grabbed.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yeah and I think he is like among the easiest of lightweights too, his shape gives him a rather large hurtbox I think.

mnstr

Smash Rookie
How do you make Nana charge a smash attack while Popo is grabbing (with GC controller)? I can't seem to find a way to do it consistently.

mnstr

Smash Rookie
what does z do on a normal gc controller? sorry but I have a really different configuration.

idask

Smash Rookie
Is there some kind of guide on how to do the fthrow -> bthrow, and how can you control the one climber while the one is still holding ?
~ Thx

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Is there some kind of guide on how to do the fthrow -> bthrow, and how can you control the one climber while the one is still holding ?
~ Thx
nope, just try it out until you get it right yourself. Trial and error is better than asking, cause eventually you'll have to figure it out on your own anyways.

idask

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm a Lucario main and thinking bout going over 2 IC's for new mains.
I play brawl once a week, and we got 5-7 persons that gather weekly for 3-5 hours brawl.
And the one i need to beat is a Ness. Any good tips against him? : )

Zinoto

Smash Lord
So I've been picking up ICs and I have control of the character, but I don't know many good ways to reclaim Nana after she's been separated (specifically against Olimar). I haven't had any real experience with the MU (been practicing tech skill because of winter break), but I can see this becoming a problem for me in the future. Any tips? ^_^

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
So I've been picking up ICs and I have control of the character, but I don't know many good ways to reclaim Nana after she's been separated (specifically against Olimar). I haven't had any real experience with the MU (been practicing tech skill because of winter break), but I can see this becoming a problem for me in the future. Any tips? ^_^
As they say.

Its woman complex, you understand her better as time goes on but you'll never fully be able to understand or control her.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Bananas! What are the most efficient way to get them/use them? I know once I have them its pretty much a free grab, but the actual process of getting them int eh first place is bothering me. i know the shield -> sh -> grab works, but I'd like to know about any other ways.

Roller

Smash Legend
@Zinoto, I'll help you out as best I can when I get back from break.

@Frobo, I usually get them by either grabbing them right when he releases them backwards (like jump up and grab it before he can), anticipating the throw and Z grabbing/nairing, or if it's on the ground either jab or dash attack. Kind of an eclectic mix, but you have to use different answers in different situations.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Bananas! What are the most efficient way to get them/use them? I know once I have them its pretty much a free grab, but the actual process of getting them int eh first place is bothering me. i know the shield -> sh -> grab works, but I'd like to know about any other ways.
I wouldn't assume it to be a free grab, but if you only rely on shielding to obtain bananas you'll get shield poked a lot. Also, all of Diddy's aerials are really good at recovering bananas. What you want to do is bait mistakes when they have them. If Diddy has 2 bananas, shielding them to obtain them is usually out of the question. Empty short hops --> air dodge landings are good mix ups. Once you do get them, Diddy's safe approach options have been reduced to 0. Everything we have can be pivot grabbed, but you can't do that with the bananas in your hand. What most peop0le try to do is either:

1) Throw them back at Diddy (usually the worst option)
2) Throw them offstage (this forces Diddy to pull more, which they hope leads to a punished landing, but there's a better option)
3) Throw them up in the air and force diddy to go and get them (usually the best option)

Banana control is the key thing to beating Diddy, without them he isn't really tough at all. Tilt your shield so that you can't get poked, maybe learn to insta-toss, and just get practice with all the things you can do with bananas.

rED023b

Smash Apprentice
NNID
himanattsu
Is the F - throw chain grab timing the same for all characters? I don't believe it, but a guide on here says otherwise.

Top Bottom