• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sopo can 0-death ganon :). Dthrow cg to the edge to dtilt to IB edgehog. Nothing ganon can do lol.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Ask vex if you want to see the video

it's unlisted

RATED

Smash Lord
do you guys use the Z button for the CGs? srsly idk how can someone do that... my finger hurts to badly after some full CGs. I put my Y button to grab in order to Chaingrab a bit more confortable. Feels WAAAAAY better.

how good or how bad are ICs vs Diddy?

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Sigh. This discussion again.

I say Icies vs Diddy is in our favor because of all the goodies we get with bananas. We have EXTRA desynching tools that are even easier to use, and a guaranteed grab on diddy with a banana if you use them right.

Sadly, some people are too blind to see that. Alas.

B0NK

Smash Lord
do you guys use the Z button for the CGs? srsly idk how can someone do that... my finger hurts to badly after some full CGs. I put my Y button to grab in order to Chaingrab a bit more confortable. Feels WAAAAAY better.
I have a callus on my right index finger because of it...so at this point i don't really feel the pain >.< but i can't use the y button, just doesn't feel right to me.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sigh. This discussion again.

I say Icies vs Diddy is in our favor because of all the goodies we get with bananas. We have EXTRA desynching tools that are even easier to use, and a guaranteed grab on diddy with a banana if you use them right.

Sadly, some people are too blind to see that. Alas.
Or you know, we just disagree having played all the top diddy players.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
yeah, play Gnes or Felix (idk how good ADHD is at the MU, but prolly him too) and im sure you will agree when i say its even at best for ICs

also wasnt cheese one of the ones that thought ICs were good vs diddy? yeah, felix wrecked him at raleigh

RATED

Smash Lord
I have a callus on my right index finger because of it...so at this point i don't really feel the pain >.< but i can't use the y button, just doesn't feel right to me.
I don't want a callus, I am one of those people that take care of his hands with his life. I even wash my hands every 25 minutes... even if I am at college class or at least not doing something that may my hands look/smell/fell fugly.

Or you know, we just disagree having played all the top diddy players.
that's why I asked, cuz looking at Both characters, the matchup seems even or Diddy Favor 55-45.

a high lvl diddy vs a high lvl ICs ( with same amounts of MU experience) the diddy should win the most. IMO as a kinda new to ICs.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Gee, I wonder what Ice Climber Fusion glitch is!

So I used google. (thanks for ignoring me guys >:p) and found some video's. How exactly do you enter that form... getting hit by a projectile using your forward B?

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
yeah, play Gnes or Felix (idk how good ADHD is at the MU, but prolly him too) and im sure you will agree when i say its even at best for ICs

also wasnt cheese one of the ones that thought ICs were good vs diddy? yeah, felix wrecked him at raleigh
Swordgard beat Gnes at Apex.

Ninj@link has shown me multiple replays of Wyatt losing to his climbers. =/

Gnes

Smash Master
Swordgard in all honesty plays the matchup completely different than any other icies, and i didnt lose to something like blizzard wall like wyatt lol. I'll have to play him again before I make my final judgement, but honestly i think its even.

RATED

Smash Lord
Never use CPus as a way to measure matchup ratios. Please.
dude... I didnt use the CPus to measure the ratio... when did I say that?

Just looking at how the character's metagame is, what are their options and things like that.

Naners go through blizzard, since Blizzard is TP but Ice blocks block naners. Diddy can separate them easily but also ICs can do stuff with the naners and stuff like that.

edit:

how this is in :40 is done ? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzoOY2WsVQI

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Rated, just learn the pivot desynch where nana does the move. Swordgard B-Sticks it, but it works all the same.

I was GOING to post a log here, but since you guys never want to get it through your thick skulls that we could actually win the **** MU, I give up. Believe what you want, I'm not saying anything on matchups here. Only in the skype chat, but only to a certain extent there; I'm tired of arguing my case.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
diddy vs Icies is even if not in our favor.

If you guys hadn't noticed Ice block is the best projectile stopping projectile ever, bananas bounce off of it :). I already posted why it's in our favor, I might go find it and quote it

RATED

Smash Lord
Rated, just learn the pivot desynch where nana does the move. Swordgard B-Sticks it, but it works all the same.

I was GOING to post a log here, but since you guys never want to get it through your thick skulls that we could actually win the **** MU, I give up. Believe what you want, I'm not saying anything on matchups here. Only in the skype chat, but only to a certain extent there; I'm tired of arguing my case.
I been trying that, most of the time I get Popo moves first, but I can't control efficiently to get the Nana first one, there's an specific timing or something, I noticed a pattern on the way to do it but I can't seem to get it right.

LOL rated sorry. I thought you said high level CPU for some reason.
Don't worry, is ok. :laugh:

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Strawman. Felix beat me because I SD'd, dropped CGs and he took advantage of said errors. This does not change the matchup ratio ICs beat Diddy soundly.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Strawman. Felix beat me because I SD'd, dropped CGs and he took advantage of said errors. This does not change the matchup ratio ICs beat Diddy soundly.
How exactly was that a strawman?

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yeah it's not a straw man or ad hominem lol. But, it is using facts with out context. Context is extremely important when talking about who beat who especially when you're using it as evidence for your argument.

For example, I beat ESAM last weekend.

That sounds pretty good doesn't it?

In actuality it was in a wifi tournament amd ESAM used DK, Pikachu, and Samus and I didn't beat his pikachu. The context shows that my win against him actually means nothing.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I was about to say it's not an ad hominem either lol. GIMR has it right.

B0NK

Smash Lord
lol @ closed social thread, and because this is a q&a thread i'll ask, why is it closed? when is it going to be re-opened?

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Because people were arguing about who the best ROB is O.O

BTW, I think Vinnie finished it off nicely :chuckle:

Teh Future

Smash Master
if someone had a 12 year-old brother who plays wolf i would probably loose to him.

discuss.

wolf teleports around the screen with his airspeed

Top Bottom