• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social General Ice Climber Chat

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Dang. Nice SoPo combos.

You're way better than me, so I would feel ******** critiquing you. I did notice, though, that the times you chose to shield, you opted for the regular shield over a lightshield. You're probably already aware, but lightshield covers Nana better and let's you get pushed far enough away to be safe when, say, Falcon knees your shield.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
Dang. Nice SoPo combos.

You're way better than me, so I would feel ******** critiquing you. I did notice, though, that the times you chose to shield, you opted for the regular shield over a lightshield. You're probably already aware, but lightshield covers Nana better and let's you get pushed far enough away to be safe when, say, Falcon knees your shield.
Thanks ChivalRuse :)

loll my ICs arent that great :p
ooh you re right! i actually never thought about lightshielding until now haha thanks i ll keep that in mind

Turazrok

Smash Master
What are the IC's best overall stages? Not per say individual cp's against certain characters, a more in general kind of thing.

Does desyncing affect chainthrows?

Stupid question, but once you're desynced, do you remain so until Nana gets to far away or until you've stopped inputting commands?

Thanks for listening( or reading rather ).

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
FD is usually one of your best stages, but all neutrals are good. The 'best' stages are dependent on match-up.

You stay desynched until you stop inputting commands.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I searched for an IC guide and I couldn't find one. Can anyone give me the name/author of it?

edit: I has found one!!!!

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Maybe. I think I only got punished badly for being airborne on a couple occasions where I was being stupid, though. I feel like I'm approaching at the wrong times more than anything else. And running into dsmash; that doesn't help.

I still feel like my best bet is Fox; I just need to remember not to approach and to not mindlessly run into stitch faces.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I think with solo popo vs peach, d-throw -> dash attack (DI away) and d-throw -> sh u-air (otherwise) work, but I'm not sure if/when she can escape them or if she can n-air before the dash attack.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I has wobbleds (lol is that right?) for a short time :D. I have also performed a sopo ****.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Yeah... my tech skill isn't what it used to be, although oddly enough that hasn't seemed to affect my performance at all.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Your best neutrals vs Falco are probably FD and FoD. FD gives a huge boost to your combo ability (really important because you don't get many hits); you can deal with lasers relatively easily with ice block out of shield. FoD is nice because it's small, but the ceiling is high so shine will never gimp you off the top. Falco's movement is restricted a lot because you can poke through the platforms so easily. As far as neutrals go, you might want to ban BF, Yoshi's, or Pokemon Stadium, but none of them are particularly bad (they're only slighty worse than the other three neutrals), so you might consider banning Rainbow Cruise.

FD is your best stage vs Falcon, followed by Yoshi's and FoD. He needs space to move around, and small stages often force him onto platforms. You can control the space above you easily and the platforms are low enough to poke through effectively. Dreamland is your worst neutral simply because it gives him room to do whatever he wants. If you're afraid he'll cp floats, ban that, otherwise ban Dreamland.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
I just watched Twilight and OMG I loved it.

Your best neutrals vs Falco are probably FD and FoD. FD gives a huge boost to your combo ability (really important because you don't get many hits); you can deal with lasers relatively easily with ice block out of shield. FoD is nice because it's small, but the ceiling is high so shine will never gimp you off the top. Falco's movement is restricted a lot because you can poke through the platforms so easily. As far as neutrals go, you might want to ban BF, Yoshi's, or Pokemon Stadium, but none of them are particularly bad (they're only slighty worse than the other three neutrals), so you might consider banning Rainbow Cruise.

FD is your best stage vs Falcon, followed by Yoshi's and FoD. He needs space to move around, and small stages often force him onto platforms. You can control the space above you easily and the platforms are low enough to poke through effectively. Dreamland is your worst neutral simply because it gives him room to do whatever he wants. If you're afraid he'll cp floats, ban that, otherwise ban Dreamland.
Wow, make more cents baller.

Good points.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Guys, if you're desynched and coming down with an aerial while nana is on the ground doing nothing, don't L-cancel. All it does is make Nana spot-dodge. You have so many more options by just letting nana cover your lag. If they shield the aerial, make Nana grab them. If they Spotdodge, make nana smash or grab them out of it. If they evade by rolling away or something, make nana do something else. If they attack when you're coming down, you were screwed either way, L-cancel or not.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I just watched Twilight and OMG I loved it.
I watched it and the second one. Both were basically a giant experiment in which the question to test is: how many times can the ripped guy take his shirt off before it gets boring to teenage girls?

Um... IC's desync blizzard, how good is it?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I can't not L-cancel my finger won't let me :( I,ve tryed it's painful.

bilzzard outranges marth, sets up whatever you need unless they quickly get out, it stops needles and arrows maybe bombs.

really down-B is amazing but don't spam it and use it wisely like when, why, and etc. Because they can sdi out of it.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman

Thanks alot!
basically, just counter FD no matter which character im going against right? :p

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Yeah it's generally one of your best stages, but there are *some* exceptions. And FD is usually banned, so it's good to know what else to counterpick.

Dreamland might be better against Marth because the high platforms give you somewhere safe to recover (on FD it's f-smash galore) so he has a difficult time killing you. Pokemon Stadium is an option for the opposite reason -- the close walls and ceiling are helpful if wobbling is banned, but the stage is still big enough that it limits his ability to wall you/control space/force you into corners. Pokemon Stadium is also good against Peach, for the same reasons, and because she benefits less from the platforms than you do.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I like Yoshi's against a lot of characters. ICs can get early KOs there and characters that like that to camp ICs have less room to run away. You also generally get more handoff opportunities thanks to the small size.

I don't like PS against Peach since I don't like giving her too much space to regain her momentum, but I suck against Peach and my opinion probably doesn't mean much. I agree that it's a solid stage for ICs in most respects, though.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I like Yoshi's in most match-ups too. The only reason I think you can do better against Falco is because he tends to gain a lot more from the low ceiling and close sides, but everything else about the stage is perfect against him. I used to cp it against Marth even, until Dark Sonic wrecked me there at Genesis. He would wall center of the stage with f-air and d-tilt, and I couldn't reset my position since there was nowhere to retreat. It's still my counterpick of choice against Falcon and a few other characters.

Personally I feel like you can't stop Peach's momentum on small stages; a single d-smash can turn into a stock, whereas on FD or Stadium you aren't always near an edge and have a chance to get back on your feet.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
You mean the nanapult? It doesn't work, because Nana dies most of the time, but it does look cool when it connects.

Edit -- And if you're talking about the normal desynch blizzard, like Fly said it should never really hit you.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
I like Yoshi's against a lot of characters. ICs can get early KOs there and characters that like that to camp ICs have less room to run away. You also generally get more handoff opportunities thanks to the small size.

I don't like PS against Peach since I don't like giving her too much space to regain her momentum, but I suck against Peach and my opinion probably doesn't mean much. I agree that it's a solid stage for ICs in most respects, though.
I like Yoshi's in most match-ups too. The only reason I think you can do better against Falco is because he tends to gain a lot more from the low ceiling and close sides, but everything else about the stage is perfect against him. I used to cp it against Marth even, until Dark Sonic wrecked me there at Genesis. He would wall center of the stage with f-air and d-tilt, and I couldn't reset my position since there was nowhere to retreat. It's still my counterpick of choice against Falcon and a few other characters.

Personally I feel like you can't stop Peach's momentum on small stages; a single d-smash can turn into a stock, whereas on FD or Stadium you aren't always near an edge and have a chance to get back on your feet.
thanks alot u guys, i never knew yoshi's would be advantagous for the ICs
so in a nut shell, i counterpick yoshi's when i know my opponent cant kill vertically well, (well except for marth)

Turazrok

Smash Master
I'm thinking, and I'm probably wrong, but it seems that the less room the opponent has to move around, the easier it is for IC's to control the match? Y/N?

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Yes, or at least not be outcamped by platformcamping.

Peach can be approached by a fast(and by that I mean FAST) WD bair but I´m not sure on exacly where to hit if going for a "headshot" is the safest. There might be some risk for that fair of priority even if the ICs is separated but hitting her right after she hits Nana might be a good idea...

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I just entered a tournament, and there may be videos soon. I fought against:

AustinRC from TX (Fox/Marth)
ihavespaceballs (Samus)
Chad (Pikachu/Fox/Luigi, though he didn't play Pika)
and Darkrain (Falcon and Fox)

There were some pretty cool combos in there too, if I do say so myself. Don't watch the videos where I'm not playing ICs, they're pretty embarrassing :)

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Heh, no I go Falcon once against somebody and get 3 stocked, then I try to Fox ditto Chad on Corneria and he just kinda beats me up. I also use Sheik against his Luigi, and it's kind of messy but barely a win.

I don't dare use anything but ICs against Darkrain.

Top Bottom