• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Final Fantasy Discussion - Final Fantasy XII remake incoming!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Akihiko Yoshida has confirmed in the Bravely Default artbook that he's left Square in November. So basically freelance right now.
He said he'll at least help for future BD projects, but I wouldn't expect much out of that.

Was definitely my favorite artist at Square, but it's probably for the best considering Square's current projects.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Probably my favorite artist Square has ever had, so I hope things work out for him.

I agree that this may not be a bad thing with what Square is currently focusing on.

finalark

SNORLAX
You mean them currently focusing on sucking?

I personally enjoyed FF13, I don't think it was amazing or even one of the stronger FFs and I don't know why SE keeps harping on about it but I liked it nonetheless. On that note, I also rather enjoyed ARR, although I had to unsub due to being a college student who really can't afford a subscription fee right now.

Plus FF15 looks really solid.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I personally enjoyed FF13, I don't think it was amazing or even one of the stronger FFs and I don't know why SE keeps harping on about it but I liked it nonetheless. On that note, I also rather enjoyed ARR, although I had to unsub due to being a college student who really can't afford a subscription fee right now.

Plus FF15 looks really solid.
After all that commitment for the XIII series, I guess it's expected that SE would praise it a lot to interest people.

All my favorite people from Square basically left. They're now freelance, Monolith Soft, AlphaDream, or Brownie Brown/1 Up Studio (I guess). Anyone else that's left are pretty much stuck on projects I don't want them to be tied down to sadly. My biggest complaint is just that Square doesn't know how to keep a hold on their talented people. Both them and Capcom suffer from this.

finalark

SNORLAX
If you haven't heard, FF8 is on steam now. Much like FF7 before it, it now has achievements and a pay-to-win button. On the plus side, the game also comes with Chocobo World (which was once Japan exclusive) and has updated graphics. Sadly, the updated graphics only apply to the models which I must stay look really good. Almost too good, to the point where its jarring to see them against low-res re-rendered environments.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/39150/

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
So I've been playing through VII again and I wondered, how would I have known where to find Yuffie without the internet? I never noticed her being mentioned in any of the towns I was in so would it have just been random chance that I'd stumbled upon her?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I always kinda thought Vincent was easier to miss, personally. Yuffie I can see happening and showing up due to people wanting to just see where they can go.

finalark

SNORLAX
I always kinda thought Vincent was easier to miss, personally. Yuffie I can see happening and showing up due to people wanting to just see where they can go.

No joke, my first play-through of VII I completely missed Vincent and had no idea he was even in the game. I remember seeing shops selling guns and wondering who the hell they were for. It wasn't until later when a friend of mine told me about him that I realized that there was an optional party member I missed.

I gotta say, in hindsight I was a dumb kid for not assuming that immediately.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yeah I missed Vincent my first play through as a kid and my Uncle had to tell me I missed him. I never got far enough to find guns in the shops but I do remember finding a gun weapon early on in the game in kalm and wondering who it was for.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm not sure whether I would've missed Vincent or not on my first playthrough since my first experience with FFVII was playing it on the PC, and when my folks bought it for me, they bought the strategy guide too, so I knew about him that way. That being said, the PC version had some messed up stuff with the cutscenes at times.

finalark

SNORLAX

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Is it the original PS1 translation or is it the GBA translation? I've been wanting to get FFV on PSN but that is what is keeping me away from it.
The crappy PS1 translation (will load times). I'm mostly happy because now I have almost every FF on my Vita now at least. Even if they're pretty much the inferior ports. After X/X-2 gets released, all I pretty much need is XII if that ever gets ported.

finalark

SNORLAX
The crappy PS1 translation (will load times). I'm mostly happy because now I have almost every FF on my Vita now at least. Even if they're pretty much the inferior ports. After X/X-2 gets released, all I pretty much need is XII if that ever gets ported.

Well, I guess I'm better off hunting down FFV on GBA then. Too bad FFV on GBA tends to run for $20+

finalark

SNORLAX
Curious to know what servers you guys are on. I hear the main hub for GAF is Ultros or something?

I play on Lamia, although my account has been deactivated for a while simply due to a lack of funds. Although I will be starting a new job in January so I'm planning on resuming my subscription then.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Aether DB - Siren here.
Also in regard to 2.1....... Kill me... please for the love of god just end it now. CT is bringing out the worst of players and showing just how many didn't even learn their class in proper. Whole Raid itself is a simple divide and conquer strat till the very end. How hard is it for people to see that <_<

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Did anyone buy that three book album by Amano called "The Sky?" I leafed through it at Barnes & Noble and there was so much artwork in it. Though sometimes he's hit or miss for me

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Aether DB - Siren here.
Also in regard to 2.1....... Kill me... please for the love of god just end it now. CT is bringing out the worst of players and showing just how many didn't even learn their class in proper. Whole Raid itself is a simple divide and conquer strat till the very end. How hard is it for people to see that <_<
OMG IKR!

I'm healing everyone else's raids, EXCEPT my own. -.- (I que with usually half premade)

The other healers are sooo slow, they can't keep their tanks or DPS alive. I mean, I'm even finding myself healing the healers, wat. The DPS keep getting hit by every little thing as well.

YES ITS A GREAT IDEA TO STAND IN THE PURPLE POISON. ITS ALSO A GOOD IDEA TO LEAVE YOUR FAIRY/PET IN IT =D

Omg -.-

CT isn't even that hard.

And I'm on Diabolos.

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
CT isn't even that hard.
And that's the sad thing about all of this.
Mechanics - Easy
Getting people in the other two alliances to pull their weight - Suicide (from a full FC Premade for my group perspective)
Just thankful I managed to get my crimson chest after 6 runs, can care less bout the other three pieces that would simply be a placeholder for my allagan best in slots (Waist/Leg/Feet).

Would of enjoyed this content more if SE just stopped tossing out the whole bs 'limitation' card, and put forth that extra bit of effort to make the alliances server based, then if needed, the option to bring in others in different servers. But meh, they have the foundation built I guess to make 24 mans. Now they just need to implement it to where FC's can do them as just one big 24-man FC, or simply various FC's that know one another, wanting to do them together.

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
Yeap, after defeating ifirit you'll be given a choice between three companies to join up with. Shortly after joining, you'll get a quest involving getting a chocobo. Afterwards you just see the nearby handler with a quest mark over their head, whom should have a quest that will involve trading 2,000 company seals for a chocobo license. The seals are fairly easy to obtain, maybe a couple dozen company leve quests/fates at max to get the amount needed. Upon turn in you then end up with a quick moment to input the name for your mount and are pretty much done.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I'm so happy atm. I was absolutely dreading having to choose between Scholar and White Mage as my main because one would end up more geared than the other because of how the Myth armor isn't cross classable. In looking at the gear for Scholar... the only myth gear I would need is the pants and body (hate the body though, its ugly), the rest would be jewelry and from coil drops. This means I will have cross-classable gear outside of the Sch myth pants. \o/

Only thing is I would have tons of crit for WHM so need to watch out for overheal aggro o-o'

finalark

SNORLAX
FFX's scenario writer, Kazushige Nojima, stated in the FFX HD Ultimania that he would like to see an FFX-3 one day. Interestingly, at least, according to this article, there was recently released follow-up novel to FFX-2 called FFX-2.5: The Eternal Calm.

What do you guys think about this? Personally, I'm still hoping to finally see an FFIX sequel or prequel or SOMETHING some day. Hopefully, with how sequel-happy Square has been with XIII we'll see some of the other games get similar treatment.

Just not VII. Please, leave VII alone.

Sauce: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/...writer-would-like-to-see-a-final-fantasy-x-3/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I can see it happen. The HD release could probably set us up for one if sales are good. And if the writer actually feels this way, at least it sounds like he has a direction in mind on where to take X's world. His writing can be good if he has the right people to back him up. If it's just him and Toriyama like X-2 though, I might be a little more hesitant, but it can still turn out good.

My money's on a sequel right now (since X-3 could possibly be a prequel). If I could get my way, I'd want an HD FFVI remake (not that iOS one) from Square.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The possibility of a X-3 doesn't get me excited, but I would be interested if it goes back to X's battle system.
Though I'd be hyped if the make it about Jecht and make the main theme Otherworld.

FFIX is one of my top three FF games, so I would love to see something happen with it's world. I'd also be pretty happy if they return to Ivalice.

Top Bottom