• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Final Fantasy Discussion - Final Fantasy XII remake incoming!

finalark

SNORLAX
Another weekend where Errors kick me from the game repeatedly lol. But I mean it's Beta/Prelaunch so it's to be expected. Lowest NA/EU pop server are probably the newest ones they added at the end of P4
Siren
Lamia

And thank you Tsusaki! I will gladly be rerolling on one of those servers.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'll be there eventually. Almost got my character to lv14 Marauder, and lv23 Pugilist, so Monk + Dragoon aren't too far away either. I love how there are achievements like crazy, it makes me want to unlock the hardest and most time-consuming ones ASAP

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
HOME FROM WORK ;D

*logs in*

-1hr patch download begins-

...nooooooooooooooooooooooo D:

..wait nvm it jumped down to 30mins xD

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
D: really?

You'd think after P4 they'd have done something .-.

*logs in*

"Unable to update the NA/AU server list"

Of course the Japanese servers are perfectly fine... *eyeroll*

finalark

SNORLAX
Servers are back up, I'm rerolling on Lamia.

EDIT: Yet another issue, once you get to the first instanced quest (around level 8) the game can't load the instance and you're unable to continue the main quest (and unlock everything) past that point. Hopefully they'll fix this by tomorrow. I wanted to catch up with my beta character.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
People are getting errors when leaving instances again. :< Expecting more maint soon.

Le Edit: Weird white box glitch...anyway

Made an alt on Lamia (which may or may not end up being my main with server congestion being the way it is). Elezen are so awesome <3 Dem necks thooooo

finalark

SNORLAX
SO FRUSTRATING ;-;

I've hardly gotten to play at all, I haven't moved past lvl 15, which is what I got during beta 4. -.-

Also thinking of rerolling my sun seeker miqote as a moon keeper... better stats for a caster, but I heard it doesn't really matter at higher lvls. Think it's worth it?
Stats: http://www.ffxivguild.com/ffxiv-a-realm-reborn-racial-stats-guide/

Honestly, unless you're huge into min-maxing it really shouldn't matter.

On the offhand, I picked up the game today and I've managed to play a fair amount. Square says that they were surprised at the game's popularity and will be working to increase the number of servers so that we don't have these issues.

Also, for everyone playing ARR, feel free to leave your character name a server and I'll post them in the OP.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
It's really not noticable enough to make a difference. Only if you're a perfectionist I suppose haha.

Server: Balmung
Character: Silver Aldebaran

I'll be playing again Friday->Onward

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Oh, xD I went ahead and rerolled anyway. I made an exact clone of my sun seeker. Also lvl 20 now \o/

finalark

SNORLAX
Well, Smash Boards is back.

Anyway, ARR kicks ALL the ass. I just wish I had the time for an MMO, I haven't been able to play as much as I'd like.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I have a Free Company with a bunch of friends from Tera on the Diabolos server.

On another note... FINALLY Smashboards is up again... my god that was ridiculous. .-.

I play on Lamia, it is a high pop server filled with gil spammers though. I plan on transferring off as soon as I can.
Come to Diabolos! :D

But... there's Gil spammers everywhere, and it's really getting out of control. They're even selling crystal shards now. WTF!? Feels as if this was a F2P 5yr old Korean MMO with the amount of Gil Spammers there are.

They're hacking people's accounts and using them to advertise, AND farm. Currently, people who have been hacked have been unable to get on their account. SE seems to be really slow about this.

I am now a 47 White Mage. Hoping to hit 50 by the end of the weekend. ^^

Also have a 33 Scholar/Summoner.

FFXIV screenshot album: http://imgur.com/a/WkiEo#0

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
How's the grind to 50? Does it take a while? Boring?

I still want to get this game bad, ugh. Especially with that new update coming 'round. Gotta get rid of other commitments first.

I've only been watching streams of the game lol I feel so bad.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Getting to 50 isn't all that bad. 1-46 Gives you plenty of quests that will just spoon feed you exp. After that just do a few dungeon runs until you're 49 then get those last bit of spoon feeding quests and BAM you're 50 and should be going on to finishing the AMAZING~ story line. After that do what you wanna do, for me though I the story line was all I wanted from it.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Post content is all about grinding points to get raiding Gear. Or leveling up your crafting classes and selling things since it's the only reliable way of making Gil endgame. They'll be releasing housing in patch 2.1 and will include more boss rights iirc. They're pretty good about updating, the only thing they fail at is Customer Service lel

finalark

SNORLAX
Here's something interesting: Square has formed the "Final Fantasy Committee" to ensure quality control and that the series keeps moving forward. The committee will have many top designers such as Yoshinori Kitasa (FFVI, VII, VIII, X, XIII, Crisis Core, Type-0), Hajime Tabata (FF Type-0, Crisis Core, Before Crisis, FFXV), Naoki Yoshida (ARR) and Motomu Toriyama (FFVII, X, X-2, XIII, XIII-2, LR).

Source: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/...l-fantasy-committee-to-ensure-series-quality/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Here's something interesting: Square has formed the "Final Fantasy Committee" to ensure quality control and that the series keeps moving forward. The committee will have many top designers such as Yoshinori Kitasa (FFVI, VII, VIII, X, XIII, Crisis Core, Type-0), Hajime Tabata (FF Type-0, Crisis Core, Before Crisis, FFXV), Naoki Yoshida (ARR) and Motomu Toriyama (FFVII, X, X-2, XIII, XIII-2, LR).

Source: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/...l-fantasy-committee-to-ensure-series-quality/
Well this committee is going nowhere. Replace him with Ito please.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
That's kind of how I felt. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if he's not on the committee because of bad blood with Sqeenix over FFXII.
Makes me sad that the guy who make various battle systems and co/directed VI, IX, and XII isn't on there. But Nomura isn't on there either. Positive thinking would leave me to believe that it's because Nomura's busy with XV and Ito's working on XVI. And there's no bad blood. You might be thinking of the original director, Matsuno, who went freelance. Even then, there's probably no bad blood since he was able to return and help with the Tactics Ogre PSP game.

I do like how Tabata and Yoshida are on the committee though. Good choices. Kitase thinks too similarly to Toriyama on how he envisions FF, but he's still good when he's with other people, imo.

finalark

SNORLAX
Makes me sad that the guy who make various battle systems and co/directed VI, IX, and XII isn't on there. But Nomura isn't on there either. Positive thinking would leave me to believe that it's because Nomura's busy with XV and Ito's working on XVI.
Perhaps an alternative reason for Numore not being on is because Sqeenix wants him to be tied closer to KH than FF. Granted, that's just taking a shot in the dark and your theory is more likely.

And there's no bad blood. You might be thinking of the original director, Matsuno, who went freelance. Even then, there's probably no bad blood since he was able to return and help with the Tactics Ogre PSP game.
That is indeed who I was thinking of, thanks for clearing that up for me.

I do like how Tabata and Yoshida are on the committee though. Good choices. Kitase thinks too similarly to Toriyama on how he envisions FF, but he's still good when he's with other people, imo.

I'm genuinely not sure why they put Toriyama on since a majority of his work are the XIII games, all of which have had very mixed reception. Its probably because he's so heavily involved in the direction that FF is taking right now more than anything else.

finalark

SNORLAX
*GET BUMPED*

You should all take a look at this English trailer for Bravely Default. I'll be honest, I never looked into this game at all when it was coming out in Japan but after seeing this English trailer I'm loving the art and I believe this might be the closest we've ever gotten to getting a FFIX-2. I'm genuinely surprised that it retained its original name and that Square didn't change it to something less Engrishy. Although Flying Fairy is no longer the game's subtitle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voh6NEpwEVY

I'm even more surprised that Square didn't slap the FF name onto it to boost sales. Although frankly, I'm mostly just excited to see Square starting a new IP.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Bravely Default looks wonderful.

It's been the only thing I've cared to hear about Square for a while now. I'm so glad it's getting brought over.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bravery Default looks like the best FF in MANY years, and it's not even a FF game.

I'm actually interested in it, and I haven't been interested in anything FF since XIII came out with all it's dumb

Top Bottom