• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Final Fantasy Discussion - Final Fantasy XII remake incoming!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I don't know, FFXIV is the most challenging MMO I have played in a long time. I've actually died while questing and was stuck in a few quests. I honestly can't say how long its been since I was stuck on a quest.
If by chance they could resolve this Error #3102 that has kept me out of the game all night...I'll give it a go on a DoM class seeing as I'm assuming that is what you're playing and see how it is. But as a Gladiator it was pretty laughable lol.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
well, finally beat ffx last night, now for ffxiii (i still don't see why people hate this game so much)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
well, finally beat ffx last night, now for ffxiii (i still don't see why people hate this game so much)
Because the creators said they didn't make it follow the JRPG template and instead more of a Call of Duty/FPS pacing.

TBH, I only didn't like it because it didn't feel like Final Fantasy. The parts that did feel like a JRPG were unfortunately the bad parts.
It's certainly a different style that doesn't appeal to everyone though, so it's expected for opinions to be mixed.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
As for me, I just kinda had a feeling of nothingness from the game. Didn't care much for the characters at all and I felt like it was just run-up-and-let-everything-happen (at least from how far I got in the game). You can say that about any game, but I just get that resonance with this game lol. I was told it gets better at Gran Pulse, but I don't think it's worth all that time to play. I'd rather be doing something else.

I did give up on the game early, and I don't plan on getting back to it at all unless I can be convinced otherwise.

For some reason, I just go back to playing the older games. Just started a new file on FF1.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i spent like 30 hours in gran pulse alone, i can see the flaws though, i just think they're overblown

sazh is a really good character for the final fantasy series, the others are just meh, but zaszh is awesome

you start off with the token black character and the get more pieces added to his story, and with each piece you start to see that his whole happy persona is just a mask for his real emotional status (which is pretty low) which is something not done in a final fantasy before (characters get depressed from time to time but i've never seen one start from a happy go lucky character to almost a manically depressed character)

finalark

SNORLAX
I actually really liked Snow and Lightning in XIII as well as Sazh and Fang. The only characters who I didn't care for were Hope and Vanille.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So I bought the digital download Windows version for FFXIV:AAR, and I've yet to get an early access code; not through an initial e-mail, not through an e-mail sent on the 20th, nothing. I've been frantically searching throughout the whole internet these last few days, and have found no one mentioning anything about our codes. I am literally worried right now. I want to play this game in early access, but I don't know if my purchase came with an automatic approval from them or not. Anyone here going through the same thing with the same method of purchase? I'm starting to get worried.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Do you have legacy status?
Are you sure you cycles every email? And did you completely check the purchase page?
The official forums hat quite a bit of threads regarding the matter, and so fee the best method has been to go through the site's customer service

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Do you have legacy status?
Are you sure you cycles every email? And did you completely check the purchase page?
The official forums hat quite a bit of threads regarding the matter, and so fee the best method has been to go through the site's customer service
To fix my problem, I just pre-ordered it from Amazon and got a code mailed to me literally immediately, redeemed it, then canceled my pre-order.

I had contacted customer support, but the line is HUGE. And gets bigger with each passing day.

Also, I can't seem to access the official forums... I could access the beta tester ones (since I was a closed beta tester), but the official one gives me some error about "temporary logins are unavailable".

Regardless, I fixed my own thing, so I'm good to go. Hopefully that helps others in the same boat as me.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Good good

So for all of those who went to a server because all the others were filled, are you planning on attempting to rejoin your friends?

finalark

SNORLAX
Good good

So for all of those who went to a server because all the others were filled, are you planning on attempting to rejoin your friends?

Some of my real life friends and planning on playing this game so I'm probably going to be joining whatever server their on. I want to go to the midnight release, but Square just had to release ARR the day that school starts for me.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ah I forget in other states they do midnight releases for other games instead of just CoD/GoW/Halo ;-;
I do wish the game had released a bit earlier though (Without bugs of course)

finalark

SNORLAX
Ah I forget in other states they do midnight releases for other games instead of just CoD/GoW/Halo ;-;
I do wish the game had released a bit earlier though (Without bugs of course)

The Game Stop near me does midnight releases for pretty much everything. Hell, they even did a midnight release for Max Pain 3 even though it came out on the same day as ES5. I actually wasn't aware it wasn't a company-wide thing.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yeah, free trial up until September 9th, if I recall correctly.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I am forming a guild with some Tera friends on Diabolos, if anyone wants to join :3

So far we have 6 members, lol.

finalark

SNORLAX
I am forming a guild with some Tera friends on Diabolos, if anyone wants to join :3

So far we have 6 members, lol.

I preordered tonight so that means early access. I'll hop on Diabolos to play.

EDIT: Or I would if Square's account system didn't suck balls. I swear, I have never had more issues with accounts than I have had with Square.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
If you're trying to register your preorder code, make sure your region is set for America instead of UK. It appeared to default that for a lot of people.

finalark

SNORLAX
If you're trying to register your preorder code, make sure your region is set for America instead of UK. It appeared to default that for a lot of people.

My issues are that A: Apparently my SE account doesn't exist anymore so I had to make a new one and B: I keep getting error codes whenever I try to download it. Although the latter is because of high traffic.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yikes, with Early Access starting in 3 hours I'm sure the traffic is insane. : ( SE's has had so many goofs before the EA that it makes me wonder if we'll have to deal with another error filled weekend like P4

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I preordered tonight so that means early access. I'll hop on Diabolos to play.

EDIT: Or I would if Square's account system didn't suck balls. I swear, I have never had more issues with accounts than I have had with Square.
xD ok, well if you manage to get on, my character's name is Jon Farron. I won't be able to get on until around 5:30 or so because I have work. :c

Hope to see you in game later!

@Account issues with SE.

IKR!!! Don't even get me started on registering FF11. Omg that was a nightmare and rediculously more complicated than it should've been...

If you're getting Error 3 when registering your early access code, make sure your account settings are with the correct region you bought the game from. If that's correct, just keep pressing enter or w/e until the code goes through. It WILL go through eventually, there's just so much traffic >.< It took my 4 hours on Wednesday to register it...

finalark

SNORLAX
Lemme know your impressions, Finalark.

Smooth Criminal

So far I've had technical issues out the ass. I've been having constant connection issues, have been dealing with some pretty noticeable lag, have had a hard time just getting the NA/EU server list and perhaps the biggest offender being that they don't tell you what the population of the severs are. I intended to join a medium population server but since I had no idea what the pops were like I left it up to the whims of fate and ended up on a high pop server.

Ironically, I had better impressions of this game when it was in beta. Right now I'm going to reroll on a different server to see if that solves my technical issues.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
The game is like super congested right now. I can only imagine how many people are playing it right now. I wonder how they will keep handling this.

finalark

SNORLAX
It seems to be reoccurring issue lately that companies can't handle the high volume of players trying to get into their online games. This is like D3 all over again.

I'll be honest, I really enjoyed the beta and was genuinely excited to get my hands on the final game but these technical issues are ridiculous. Hopefully these issues that early access players are dealing with will wake Square up to how many people want to play a modern FF MMO so that they won't have these issues during the official launch.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Another weekend where Errors kick me from the game repeatedly lol. But I mean it's Beta/Prelaunch so it's to be expected. Lowest NA/EU pop server are probably the newest ones they added at the end of P4
Siren
Lamia

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
IMO it's nothing that will drive me off. It has happened with every single MMO I've played on release, no exceptions, so far. To me, this is absolutely normal; developers try to spend the least amount of money on servers and such by "guesstimating" the amount of players that will be playing on release, and because of that, they almost always end up failing and having a bunch of launch issues.

At least this is not a rollback-worthy issue, which I've seen in other MMO launches.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Tera was a rather smooth launch, but the numbers weren't nearly as big. But yeah I plan on keep playing the game, ;-; I just want to get my Chocobo though

Top Bottom