• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Final Fantasy Discussion - Final Fantasy XII remake incoming!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Cloud's outfit looks much better on Lightning than her standard Lightning Returns outfit.

Spire

III
BRoomer
That Cloud outfit might be enough to convince me to pre-order. It's just so good. Cloud's left gauntlet never looked so goofy though! Always thought of Lightning as the "Female Cloud" considering he was the basis of her design, but this takes that to a new level. I mean, Cloud and Lightning's personalities are so similar—with this appearance, it's legitimately the closest we'll get to playing as Cloud in HD for quite some time. Hell, imagine if this game is really successful, Square decides to do some insane crossover spinoff called "Final Fantasy: Storm" (or alternatively Final Fantasy VII-XIII :troll:) wherein the universes of VII and XIII overlap and you get to play as both Cloud and Lightning in a game similar to Lighting Returns, dealing with transient worlds and stretched lapses of time, showing glimpses of VII and XIII's isolated locales, and how the Fal'Cie discovered the Lifestream rippling from another reality, so they tore the fabric thereof to reach and drain it in a second attempt to summon Etro.

/end

rsr2

Smash Lord
We should play together then, I'm pretty decent will MMO's. Are you getting it for PC or PS3. If your wondering I'm getting it for the PC.

I'm down and I am also getting it for PC but I actually use a PS3 controller to play and not the keyboard unless I get a way better keyboard soon.

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
I'm down and I am also getting it for PC but I actually use a PS3 controller to play and not the keyboard unless I get a way better keyboard soon.
Yeah cool I think it comes out in late august, If anyone else can join that would be pretty cool. LoL a big group of level 2-5s though that wouldn't be too bad.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
That Cloud outfit might be enough to convince me to pre-order. It's just so good. Cloud's left gauntlet never looked so goofy though! Always thought of Lightning as the "Female Cloud" considering he was the basis of her design, but this takes that to a new level. I mean, Cloud and Lightning's personalities are so similar—with this appearance, it's legitimately the closest we'll get to playing as Cloud in HD for quite some time. Hell, imagine if this game is really successful, Square decides to do some insane crossover spinoff called "Final Fantasy: Storm" (or alternatively Final Fantasy VII-XIII :troll:) wherein the universes of VII and XIII overlap and you get to play as both Cloud and Lightning in a game similar to Lighting Returns, dealing with transient worlds and stretched lapses of time, showing glimpses of VII and XIII's isolated locales, and how the Fal'Cie discovered the Lifestream rippling from another reality, so they tore the fabric thereof to reach and drain it in a second attempt to summon Etro.

/end

That would be... epic. o-o

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

/end

Massive epic Dissidia-style game on Playstation 4.

finalark

SNORLAX
Square said that FFXIII was going to be the center of Final Fantasy for the next ten years. Apparently, they weren't ****ting us.

EDIT: Although I do like the idea of having special armor sets based on different FF characters. I hope they expand that beyond XIII.

DOUBLE EDIT: Well, I guess according to the new LR trailer the second coming of Christ will be the form of a hot armored chick.

OH GOD SO MANY EDITS I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THEM: Also, FFVII is now on Steam complete with missed opportunities to enhance the graphics, add in new content and revise the translation! Also now featuring achievements and a pay-to-win button!

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt5Zz3augD4
New LR trailer.

Edit: And because SE feels like Lightning has to be in everything

Apparently the actual Lightning is tied to ARR quests too...
Why does Snow have to be in the background?
He should take Lightning's place, so Lightning can be alone in the background.
Who do you personally think is better, Lightning or Snow?
EDIT: OMG just watched that new trailer for XIII, apparently Lightning can do things god cannot. LOL

rsr2

Smash Lord
Yep plan on playing more of it when I wake up in a few hours. Not sure what to do though when I get on but I will figure it out ^ _ ^

finalark

SNORLAX
I got on, did a guildhest and then got DC'd. I can't get back on and I assume it's because too many people are trying to connect at once. I'm gonna try again tomorrow. And once again, if anyone wants to group up message me and we'll figure **** out.

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
I suggest getting the game on PC if that's an option, since its for a reduced price and keyboard + mouse is a winning combo for MMOs.
Yeah I recommend it to, MMO's are typically men't to be played on a PC because of it's better internet and ram etc. When the PS4 comes out that's a different story though for it has updated hardware and even the new Elder scrolls MMO is being made on it but for the time being you should get it on the PC if that is an option.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yeah the plan is to get it for the PC but I'm in the process of buying the parts. I'm about halfway done but need to take on the giants! (Graphics Card & CPU). Actually while I'm on the subject is it fine if I post the parts I have picked out here? No point in finishing it if I can't play the game on at least a high setting....and it'd be lovely if it was powerful enough to stream <3

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Haha awesome! (With the help part anyway, hope you get a graphics card soon)
This is what I've got picked out so far. I'm open for changes to anything that isn't-
The Motherboard, already purchased
The Case, already purchased
The Fan, already Purchased
The Memory - Kinda purchased? One came with the Motherboard one sec as I check the box to see just what it is
The Power Supply, already purchased

Edit 1: A link would help
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Tsusaki/saved/1tXo

Edit 2: This is the Memory I got with my Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313345

mood4food77

Smash Hero
so FFVII on steam today?

i can finally play this after missing out on it when i was a wee lad

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the plan is to get it for the PC but I'm in the process of buying the parts. I'm about halfway done but need to take on the giants! (Graphics Card & CPU). Actually while I'm on the subject is it fine if I post the parts I have picked out here? No point in finishing it if I can't play the game on at least a high setting....and it'd be lovely if it was powerful enough to stream <3
I can help you pick some parts out, if you would like.
My plan for making a PC was buy a decent PC, that was 1300$ or less then update it over time. My next update will be the Titan with a Corsair H-100 and a new power supply,Case.
This update should give me a 30-35 FPS increase or even more by overclocking it. I can also help by teaching you how to overclock so you can get better FPS, if your into that sort of thing.
EDIT: I suggest getting a corsair case, and a security software, but I think some are free online. Another key thing you should get is a monitor and some speakers unless you use a headset. You should also be getting a decent FPS rating with this system.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Speakers, Headset, and Monitor are already here. Using the 1920x1080 one that came with my Pavillion. Decent makes me worry though, will that be like 60+ decent or 45+ decent?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hmmm...I probably shouldn't complain about something like that...especially if it's regarding High settings. Nice nice, thanks <3

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Haha awesome! (With the help part anyway, hope you get a graphics card soon)
This is what I've got picked out so far. I'm open for changes to anything that isn't-
The Motherboard, already purchased
The Case, already purchased
The Fan, already Purchased
The Memory - Kinda purchased? One came with the Motherboard one sec as I check the box to see just what it is
The Power Supply, already purchased

Edit 1: A link would help
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Tsusaki/saved/1tXo

Edit 2: This is the Memory I got with my Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313345

Your build looks pretty solid, actually, lol. Not much I can say about it. You said that your RAM came with your motherboard? That's awesome, and it'll work just fine unless you want to upgrade to 16GB. Too be honest with that build, you are going to get high settings and then some in a lot of games. 3770K is strong and the graphics with a pretty good clock makes it even better. ARR will probably work very well if you're on a single monitor/GPU set-up.

Though in the case of the graphics card. If you are going for GTX680, I'd change it do something with better (and probably quieter) cooling like:
GIGABYTE: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125422
MSI: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127672

You might even change to the GTX 770 (I would). I think they are the same, if not similarly, priced. You'll get some added clocking speeds and boosts as well: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=4020&IsNodeId=1&Description=gtx 770&name=$400 - $500&Order=BESTMATCH

GIGABYTE: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125463
EVGA: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130919
ASUS: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121770
MSI: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127741

(I'd go EVGA because they have brilliant service just in case yours fails once in a blue moon, but they are all fine in terms of temps, sound, OC, wattage, and etc. )

Here's my build if anyone is interested : http://pcpartpicker.com/user/taeZaKi/saved/1U25

For any newer builders, I'd advise looking into the newer Haswell CPUs that just came out.

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, No Problem hope you can get your PC together. If you or anyone else needs help with computers or setting up somthing I can help, I'm pretty experienced with them so I should be able to help.
EDIT: A lot of people say Rip Jaws Ram is the best, but I personally think corsair has the best ram in terms of price and usage

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Yeah, I had a really specific case where my NH-D14 was too big/fat for the height of my Corsair Vengeance. I had to send it back to newegg and change for a RipJaws. It's okay since I bought them while they were on deals. DDR3 prices are going up nowadays...

I could've gotten low profiles, but they were just too expensive for the money I had during that time. I would've gone Corsair though if I could.

finalark

SNORLAX
Man, all of this techno mumbo jumbo makes me realize how much of a console tard I really am. I don't build or upgrade, I just buy a new computer every time a new Elder Scrolls comes out.

Plus I'm not rich enough to keep a constant, top of the line computer. Hell, mine cost $800 back in 2011 and things are already coming out that I can't run at max graphics.

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it can be difficult to keep updating every few years though it can be fun if you have the money.
Does that mean your updating next year when the new Elder Scrolls MMO comes out?

Top Bottom