• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Final Fantasy Discussion - Final Fantasy XII remake incoming!

finalark

SNORLAX
I mentioned this somewhere else, but does X-2 not look improved like X does? Like, imo, it looks like a basic "HD remaster" that every other dev puts out.

Might as well use an emulator and play the game from there, if there aren't any new stuff added in the game, that is.
From the Final Fantasy wiki:

Both games contain improved maps and character models and textures as well as improved lighting, shadowing and enhanced pre-rendered movies with better quality in high definition. Trophies for both games will be added. All controllable and other major characters have new character models, and monsters and minor characters have rearranged textures to improve quality. The game now plays at 16:9 widescreen and some scenes have been adjusted with different camera angles to accommodate for it.
As the HD remasters will be of the games' International versions, they have some new additions for North American and PAL region players. The Final Fantasy X International was never released in North America and includes a new Sphere Grid option, new optional bosses and new abilities. Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission was a Japan exclusive release, and adds new dresspheres, a Monster Create system, and Coliseum.
Both games will also get improved voice acting.

The biggest differences are bolded. For me the biggest one is the improved voice acting, which X was in desperate need of after over a decade of improved VA in games.

EDIT:

Also, here are comparison screens:

X: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/_...ntasy/images/e/ec/FFXHD_-_Reunion_at_Luca.jpg

X2: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/_...ntasy/images/f/f4/FFX-2_HD_Gullwings_pose.jpg

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
FATEs were fun, but they needed a lot of work. I mean A LOT. Healers did not get credit for healing, monsters were so easy they died in 2 hits and casters didn't get to hit them because of cast times etc, leading to them not getting much credit either.

everything has been adressed, and the monsters will now scale according to the amount of players present. :D

Also, Phase 3 starts tomorrow. SOOOOO EXCITED OMG

Aaaaaaaaand, it looks like there's still global cooldowns in the video -.-

And walking still has a bit of a treadmill affect, although it's much better than it was...

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
A note on limit breaks:

They are divided by role, not class.

A White Mage will have the same Limit Breaks as a Bard. A Dragoon will have the same limit break as any DPS melee classes that come out, tanks will have the same limit breaks, and any other casters (Summoner comes to mind) will have the same limit breaks as a Black Mage. Including Meteor. Wtf u-u

This is both a love/hate thing. The positive side is, the classes will be balanced by this and one won't favor another class for the limit break. The negative part is that jobs will be using other job's abilities... What they need to do is make different animations, while keeping the same effect.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
New classes revealed to the public.

Arcanist, Summoner, and Scholar.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/416

Scholar can summon stuff!? WHOAH o-o

You know what I love most about FFXIV?

YOU CAN BE ALL CLASSES WITHOUT HAVING TO MAKE ANOTHER CHARACTER <3

When you're as indecisive as me about choosing a main class, this is a huuuuge selling point.

Beta codes have been given out since 3pm. Anyone here get one yet?

Please say yes u-u

finalark

SNORLAX
Also, Phase 3 starts tomorrow. SOOOOO EXCITED OMG
And still no email from Square.

=/

Aaaaaaaaand, it looks like there's still global cooldowns in the video -.-
Global cool downs are a staple of MMORPG game play, better get used to them. Especially if you want to run end game content.

New classes revealed to the public.

Arcanist, Summoner, and Scholar.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/416
There's also a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbF3jq04c80

It looks to me like the Scholar Job will branch of from Arcanist, as will summoner. I imagine them playing similar to Warlocks in WoW.

Beta codes have been given out since 3pm. Anyone here get one yet?

Please say yes u-u
Nope =/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm all new to this. Am I forced to stick to one server? Or can I bring my same character to another one.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Yeah, what finalark said...

I ended up on the Marlboro server becase Diabolos was full.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere you'll have the option to carry them to phase 4, and then carry those to release on a legacy.

I'll have to double check though.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Nevermind. My brother and I are going Cactuar. Feel free to follow suit.

I won't be able to play for a bit since I'm leaving for a movie.
D; ummm ok

Hmmm (debates whether to start over or not)

oh... NDA PARTIALLY LIFTED!!!!

Prepare for screenies o-o

I just have to put "Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved"

By the pics xD

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Just press prnt scrn, and the go to microsoft paint, click paste, then cut off the white background if there is one.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
So it appears the screenshots are now being saved somewhere.... hmm. o-o

Found the place!

it's documents->my games->FFXIV->screenshots

Some screenshots:

Click link:for more :3
http://pho.to/2bCmQ

Edit: also, phase 3 characters will be completely wiped. Phase 4 characters will be given the option to move onto release.

finalark

SNORLAX
Edit: also, phase 3 characters will be completely wiped. Phase 4 characters will be given the option to move onto release.

Awesome screens, WM. SOON PHASE 4 WILL START AND MY TARUTARU WILL LIVE AGAIN.

That being said, once Phase 4 starts since characters transfer over to release we can figure out a server to have the Linkshell on. I'll also list everyone's character/server in the OP if people post them.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Game's been fun. Level 10 now.

I wasn't acquainted with the job system, but I know you can change simply by changing weapons. It's just that it says I need some sort of pre-req? Where can I do that? Like, it won't let me change my weapon yet.

finalark

SNORLAX
Not gonna lie, if I had gotten a beta code I probably wouldn't have seen Man of Steel today. Or done much of anything except ARR really.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Game's been fun. Level 10 now.

I wasn't acquainted with the job system, but I know you can change simply by changing weapons. It's just that it says I need some sort of pre-req? Where can I do that? Like, it won't let me change my weapon yet.

You have to learn other classes first. You can get the quests once you're lvl 15.

rsr2

Smash Lord
I am so impressed with ARR that I just can't wait for it to come out. I was a huge fan of Final Fantasy XI and I wasn't able to afford Final Fantasy 14 (College tends to do that >_>) but after playing ARR, I am going to pre-order the Collector's Edition next week.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I think it's very good so far. They fixed pretty much everything bad from phase 2 and made it better.

Loving how Aero is now an instant cast and I'm not getting inturrupted every 2 seconds every time I try to cure somebody. The mobs are no longer pushovers either, which is good. I've actually died a few times. FATEs still need to be a bit harder though...

finalark

SNORLAX
I've decided that one day I want to do lets plays of every main-series FF. I don't even care if not that many people see them, I just feel like it would be a ton of fun. On that note, I've been wanting to replay X like mad. But sadly, I don't have my PS2 anymore so I've been playing IV and VIII instead.

That HD remake can't come fast enough. Plus it will finally give me a chance to play X2 so I can decide for myself how I feel about it.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Yeah I thought about doing a Let's Play of Final Fantasy IX but I have been getting called into work a lot more recently.

However I do look forward to ARR, I really want to livestream it when it comes out :D

finalark

SNORLAX
When I hit disk 3 in FFIX that's when its time to grind some dragons.

Anyway, I'm here with some news. On FF's facebook page they posted some plot and character details for FFXV. Here they are:

Story:
The only crystal left to the world lies in the Kingdom of Lucis. Upon striking a peace with the garrison state of Niflheim, Lucis rejoices in having at last brought the cold war to a close. Their celebrations, however, are premature. Under the guise of amity, Niflheim dispels the anti-armament runewall and launches a full-scale invasion of the kingdom. The peaceful lives Crown Prince Noctis and his entourage once knew are consumed by the flames of war as they struggle to mount a resistance.

Cast:
Noctis Lucis Caelum (Center): A childhood affliction endowed Noctis, heir apparent to the throne of Lucis, with the mystical power to see a heavenly light, through which he could sense others' deaths. Noctis rejects rigid royal conventions and acts as somewhat of a renegade, much to the dismay of those who tend to him. Yet while "Noct" may act brash at times, he does so in defense of those loyal to him.

Gladiolus Amicitia (Center left): As lord of the noble House Amicitia, Gladiolus continues a line sworn to protect the crown. "Gladio" shares a friendship with Noctis that transcends birth and title, and his loyalty to his liege is born not of duty, but of brotherhood.

Ignis Scientia (Center right): Ever the unwavering voice of reason, Ignis was weaned on shrewd logic and a classical education from boyhood so that he might one day counsel the would-be king, Noctis. He applies the deep mutual understanding and trust they have built over time to help smooth over Noctis's brusqueness with others.

Prompto Argentum (Left): The puckish playboy Prompto befriended Noctis in his school days. He wears a chip on his shoulder as an outsider to the royal circle, but remains eager to do all he can for the cause.

Cor Leonis (Right): A living legend of Lucian lore, Lord Commander Cor Leonis's devotion to the art of war is surpassed only by that to his king. Little love is lost between the ill-starred stalwart and Noctis's retinue, yet honor binds him to keep watch over the group all the same.
And here's the picture that accompanies it:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1011152_597630030271760_1458202673_n.jpg

Top Bottom