• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Final Fantasy Discussion - Final Fantasy XII remake incoming!

finalark

SNORLAX
The OP has come a long way and has actually gone through a ton of changes. It used to be a basic, one sentence "here's the FF thread talk about FF here" sort of thing. And then it had a news archive (which is gone now), and then it had the main series listed, then the spin-offs, then FFXI and XIV characters and servers, and then FF in other media...

Change log aside, Square released a new game play video in which they showcase some abilities and animation for the different jobs in FFXIV, sans Summoner. Interestingly enough, White Mages seem to now have offensive abilities meaning that you can solo level them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2RghB8r4tA

finalark

SNORLAX
I wish that they would give us some footage or more information on the Summoner class. Since it's a relatively recent addition to the game I feel like that at launch the class will either be incredibly underpowered or incredible overpowered, due to a lack of proper testing compared to the other classes.

On the offhand, it could be available in the beta right now but we won't know until the NDA is lifted.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Summoner is not available yet, I believe it will come in the first update after launch along with Scholar.

And then the next update will probably have 2 new melee classes, can't tell you what though :S

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Uh oh, I thought they already confirmed it publicly? D:

Edit: Just checked, yes they have. They have also made several hints about it in blogs. You can even see a Scholar on the Japanese box art.

Fun fact: All the gear on the Japanese box art will be in the game :3

finalark

SNORLAX
Good. I want that Black Mage gear.

EDIT: After examining the cover for XIV, I now see the Scholar class.

Huh, I wonder why there was never a formal announcement.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I have a strong feeling Versus is there (whether it be Sony's conference or FF event). Call it a hunch.

finalark

SNORLAX
I probably won't watch either. I'll just look up highlights after both are done.

I used to flip out over Versus XIII, but then I realized that I really had no reason to. I mean, we have what? A few fancy CG trailers and maybe one game play video that was probably early beta or late alpha? I don't know, I've just come to realize that I really don't have much of a reason to get worked up over Versus XIII and I really don't want to disappoint myself if the game ever gets released.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I probably won't watch either. I'll just look up highlights after both are done.

I used to flip out over Versus XIII, but then I realized that I really had no reason to. I mean, we have what? A few fancy CG trailers and maybe one game play video that was probably early beta or late alpha? I don't know, I've just come to realize that I really don't have much of a reason to get worked up over Versus XIII and I really don't want to disappoint myself if the game ever gets released.
There's no stream, it's just an event for attendees. So we'll get all the info afterwards. Also, I expect everything that was shown years ago to be scrapped/changed.

I'm looking forward to Versus only because I'm sick and tired of Toriyama's works. FFX was good, but only because he wasn't sole director, imo.
What I really want from SE is an announcement of TWEWY 2 or an FF by Ito.

finalark

SNORLAX
I wouldn't mind seeing a third Chrono game, but god knows that's never going to happen. I also wouldn't mind seeing remakes or rather graphically enhanced versions of FF VII-IX.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would rather have a remake of FF V or VI

A 3D one. 3DS one would be awesome

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Soooooooooooo it appears phase 3 wont be until next week.... No email yet and they usually give a weeks notice for the new players to download the game and stuff...

Also, NDA will be (partially) lifted once phase 3 starts! :D

finalark

SNORLAX
Lightning Returns info, looks like it's not coming out in NA until 2014.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...inal-fantasy-xiii-hits-ps3-21114-new-trailer/
I'm really not surprised, seeing how Square is almost as bad as Blizzard or Valve when it comes to release dates.

Soooooooooooo it appears phase 3 wont be until next week.... No email yet and they usually give a weeks notice for the new players to download the game and stuff...

Also, NDA will be (partially) lifted once phase 3 starts! :D
Phase 3 will probably either be delayed again if emails haven't been sent out yet. I really hope I get into the beta.

EDIT: I just watched the Lightning Returns trailer and I have no idea what the hell is going on. I'm going to assume that it makes sense if I had played XIII-2.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
New LR footage for E3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOBWmqyMLOA
It still doesn't have PC logo, so I'm going to assume the poster that had the logo was just a mistake on their part.

Sony's conference is tonight at 6 pm, get hype. I didn't expect Versus to show in the last two years, but this time I can feel it.

finalark

SNORLAX
Aaaaaaand Minoto calls the **** out of it.

But lets be honest here, who wasn't expecting V13 to become FFXV? Or as I like to call it, Uncharted Fantasy XV: Noctis' Fortune.

Oh yeah, and two seconds of Kingdom Hearts III.

EDIT: OP updated with FFXV logo. Hopefully a less ****ty version will be available soon.

finalark

SNORLAX
For anyone interested in getting the PS3 version of ARR, here's an extensive game play vid that shows exactly how the game will play on PS3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H90I39KdCU

It's worth nothing that the frame rate issues present in previous PS3 videos are no longer present. However, if you absolutely must play ARR on a console keep in mind that it is coming to PlayStation 4, and that the PS3 version will probably be the first version of the game to lose support.

finalark

SNORLAX
Ugh, FFXV is too Kingdom Heartsy. =/

The story better be good, lol.

Well, it is being developed by the Kingdom Hearts team. To be honest, I'm actually perfectly okay with this. I see it as a natural evolution from the direction the series was going from XII onward (or perhaps XI onward). I'm interesting in seeing how well they implement the cover-based shooting and what appears to be stealth segments. I'm actually rather fond of the idea of Uncharted-style platforming being added to the mix, to give some more verity. IMO FF is an ever-changing series, with different entries appealing to different tastes. I really don't mind the changes.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Plus I wouldn't say some of the recent FFs were exactly FF-like either. Like finalark said, it's been changing a lot. The last FF game that truly felt like a Final Fantasy game was IX, while X and XII were borderline.

I'm liking how XV looks. The only thing I'm worried about is if things feel too scripted in terms of player options. I'm hoping for the best and thinking it won't end up that way though. As for story, Nomura seems to be taking some things from Shakespeare in this, so that has my interest. I'm expecting some similar scenarios happening in this game. Can't wait to see betrayals and deaths.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm liking how XV looks. The only thing I'm worried about is if things feel too scripted in terms of player options. I'm hoping for the best and thinking it won't end up that way though. As for story, Nomura seems to be taking some things from Shakespeare in this, so that has my interest. I'm expecting some similar scenarios happening in this game. Can't wait to see betrayals and deaths.

A plot detail that was revealed back when the game was still Versus XIII (so it may have changed now) is that Noctis' love interest, Stella, would be an antagonist. Unless Square cops out and makes her switch sides, there's no way that can end well. That's so ****ing Shakespearian, I love it.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
She is on the other side of the character line-up here, lol

[collapse=picture]
[/collapse]

I'm calling that Noctis and his boys are a secret J-POP boy group called "The Fifteenth Movement"

Stella looking hella different too.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Everything about XV's story screams "Not going to end well", I'm hoping Square goes all out with it.

Bring on the Betrayals and Death!

finalark

SNORLAX
She is on the other side of the character line-up here, lol

[collapse=picture]
[/collapse]

I'm calling that Noctis and his boys are a secret J-POP boy group called "The Fifteenth Movement"

Stella looking hella different too.
I really didn't notice this until now, but everyone looks rough in this game. Hell, even the pretty boys Noctis and blondie look like they've been roughed up a bit. I'd also like to say that this is probably the biggest concentration of facial hair I have ever seen in an FF game.

finalark

SNORLAX
I can't believe I forgot about IVCid's untamed facebush.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yx12ERdQdw8

BTW, E3 trailer for FFX HD. I love how the first half of the the trailer is "SUMMONERS ARE DESTINED TO DIE, SIN IS PART OF SPIRA, THE PILGRIMAGES MUST STOP" and then in the second half is "POP MUSIC, SKIMPY CLOTHES AND HAPPINESS!"

Then again, I never played X-2 so I may be completely misjudging it.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I mentioned this somewhere else, but does X-2 not look improved like X does? Like, imo, it looks like a basic "HD remaster" that every other dev puts out.

Might as well use an emulator and play the game from there, if there aren't any new stuff added in the game, that is.

Top Bottom