• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Final Fantasy Discussion - Final Fantasy XII remake incoming!

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
:'D I'll just think of it as a delayed Birthday present.

<Seeing as things are planned to be carried over from Open Beta/Early access July could be a great month for you to do as much as you can before school.

finalark

SNORLAX
I know I'm going to get the game anyway, since I've been pretty hyped for it ever since 2.0 was announced. I just hope I have time for it with work + school + a social life. Even if said social life is just doing stuff with my roommate. In all honestly, FFXIV will probably just be something I do whenever I'm on break for school or have time off from work.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Hey, maybe you will. You could get invited to beta :D

In a way, I'm kind of glad that delayed Phase 3 because May is going to be pretty busy for me with School ending having orthodontic surgery, training in electronics at Target and... yeah, lol.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'll be busy with moving and picking up new work and what not. I won't be too busy to play the game though until September when I start preparing for competition...;-; I wish it'd hurry up

finalark

SNORLAX
All I know is that I won't have the time to do the end game stuff that I want to do. I'll probably be able to casually play, but nothing like the way I played WoW when I was in High School.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Outside of RO, I've never put in the time in any other MMO to reach End Game activities..which is a pretty damn shame. Methinks we should totally all join a server together to help that happen for all of us. :'D

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm planning on forming a Link shell for everyone here once FFXIV comes out. Granted, I might hand it over to someone who is able to play more often than I am.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
September 10th? D;

So far away >.<

Also, they NEEEEEED a FFXII HD remake of the IZJS! I would preorder it paid in full! Lol

finalark

SNORLAX
It would be kind of neat to see an FFXI HD, since Square dropped support for the PS2 version anyway. And since they aren't bound to the limitations of the PS2 anymore this means that they could implement high resolution textures and generally cleaning up the visuals so the game doesn't look like **** anymore. Plus an ideal FFXI HD would also have a completely revamped interface to be significantly more PC friendly.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually liked 10 - 2 because the job class system is my favorite FF mechanic.

I just don't care for the story or the characters that much

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have a flip phone from the early 2000. It can't play games except for things like Pac Man and Tetris.

I'm not getting a smart phone either because I don't have that kind of money to throw away on a phone when I don't call people often

Other than that, if Dragon Quest ever gets a 3DS release in the main series I don't care what the rest of Square does

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
People don't call other people on their cell phones, that's crazy talk.

That is kind of a bummer though, I was hoping for more handheld stuff.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like what they did with the Final Fantasies on the DS, wish they would do more of those. Maybe with a remake of FF5. That would be awesome.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I like what they did with the Final Fantasies on the DS, wish they would do more of those. Maybe with a remake of FF5. That would be awesome.
Always wanted a good remake of 5. Not that crappy "enhanced" port they put up on iOS.

I'll be heavily disappointed if VI gets treated that way.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
FF5 was my first Final Fantasy so It will always be one of my favorites. It's also probably the reason I enjoy the class changing games to the set class games

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Same (but not my first FF). The game didn't have the strongest story, but the scenario itself and where you go was amazing. Also liked the idea of the optional dungeons giving you choices of which weapons to unlock as well. I saw a copy of FFV GBA at a game store, so I'm really tempted to go pick that one up.

finalark

SNORLAX
I really love FF5. You want a game that captures the spirit of old school RPGs perfectly go play 5.

Plus the class system is boss as ****. I'm really crossing my fingers for a remake on 3DS.

EDIT:

http://www.gamesradar.com/square-enix-reports-significant-annual-loss/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=emp

Also, in a financial report Square claims to have lost $135 Million. They pin the loss on "the under-performance of major titles in North America in Europe." In other words, they over relied on Tomb Raider because they're R&D department is about a decade behind if they assumed that Tomb Raider was still a big deal in NA and Europe.

I wonder if Square wouldn't be getting into financial troubles if they didn't announce games with zero idea when they'll be released.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Kinda funny considering FF3J was my first FF, and when the remake came out on DS I didn't like it as much.

Call it nostalgia, but I dunno totally. The pre-made characters kinda was the first hit in a line of other things that I didn't like about the remake.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
D; I love 3! It's one of my favorites, I played the DS version first though.

I hated it at first because it was so hard, but then I realized that was why it was so fun! It really was a challenge, but not so hard that you pulled your hair out. :p

We need harder games =/ I'm tired of everything being a pushover.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kinda funny considering FF3J was my first FF, and when the remake came out on DS I didn't like it as much.

Call it nostalgia, but I dunno totally. The pre-made characters kinda was the first hit in a line of other things that I didn't like about the remake.
FF3 was actually my favorite game on the DS.

I played the NES version first, and they made some interesting improvements in it.

Though EVERYONE dual equipping kind of makes ninja useless

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I enjoyed X and X-2 equally. X-2 seems to be that "black sheep" mostly because of how far it strayed from the main theme and mood of X. If one were to just play the game as its own stand-alone RPG, it's actually not a bad game at all. Yeah, you have some fan service and what not, but the gameplay and story, as well as the battle system and sidequests are actually pretty deep. On top of that, I believe we're getting the International Version of X-2 as well, which comes with extra goodies, including new dress spheres and superbosses (I am so hoping we are indeed getting the International Versions). Of course, it could also be personal bias too, since I do like strong female protagonists in a video game, and while Yuna isn't my favorite among them, Paine did make up for it.

Top Bottom