• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Final Fantasy Discussion - Final Fantasy XII remake incoming!

kr3wman

Smash Master
you realize nothing before the xbox/PS2/GC would have sold at all in the US if that was true.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I personally found this box art to be boring and uninteresting. Seriously, if video games sales were based off of their box art FFVII probably would have had low sales.
I love the FFVII box art. The Buster sword is a very eye-catching and ridiculous design for a sword, and I like the muted color scheme.

You mean to tell me that this

is any more exciting?

Oh hey, some anime characters

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I don't get why they wouldn't just use this kind of cover for every game. It would make the series seem more...uniform and clean I suppose:

finalark

SNORLAX
you realize nothing before the xbox/PS2/GC would have sold at all in the US if that was true.
You just keep trollin', Krewman.

I love the FFVII box art. The Buster sword is a very eye-catching and ridiculous design for a sword, and I like the muted color scheme.

You mean to tell me that this

is any more exciting?

Oh hey, some anime characters
Yeah, I'd say that a group shot of some generic characters is a hell of a lot more interesting than a boring looking hero standing against a boring white background.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I liked FFVII's boxart too. It's simple and effective and I like how the composition is (the Meteor in the logo in the same direction as Cloud's sword). I def liked it more than VIII and IX's. X's is pretty good too, colorful (and on the back has Yuna against the colorful sunset sky). But I think ultimately I wish they'd go back to more traditionally drawn designs like FFVI. It's more eye catching and just nice to look at.

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
Since we're on the subject on boxarts, am I the only one who favors the non-collector's edition of XII? Although it's not to say that having one over the other makes me like the game in any way but when you compare this:

[bland, inanimate, tells you nothing]

to this:

[livelier, colorful, forewarning to aberration from other FF games]

I choose the latter. Especially since the collector's edition has nothing but an extra DVD in which the developers are praising their own work without actually discussing the development process. Arrogant as all hell and a waste of time and 10 dollars.

finalark

SNORLAX
Since we're on the subject on boxarts, am I the only one who favors the non-collector's edition of XII? Although it's not to say that having one over the other makes me like the game in any way but when you compare this:

[bland, inanimate, tells you nothing]

to this:

[livelier, colorful, forewarning to aberration from other FF games]

I choose the latter. Especially since the collector's edition has nothing but an extra DVD in which the developers are praising their own work without actually discussing the development process. Arrogant as all hell and a waste of time and 10 dollars.
I agree with this. I preordered FFXII's collector's edition way back in '06 and boy do I wish I had just stuck with the regular version. Don't get me wrong, the metal case is really cool but the bonus' were a waste of time. The retrospect was kind of entertaining and the art was sort of interested but the develop interviews felt less like a documentary about the game's develpment and more like a series of promotional videos. Come on, Square, I already bought the game you don't need to keep trying to sell it to me.

Oh yeah, and the non-collector's edition box art was a lot more interesting and actually makes you want to know more about the game.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
The bonus disc of XII can't even talk right.

They say Tidus "Teedus"

Bahamut " Ba ha mewt"

-_-;

FFIX = Win. Box art is amazing, everything amazing. 2 Flaws:

!) Excal 2 is dumb
2) Slow Battle System =/

In some aspects I still prefer 7, but I love 9 to death. Zidane is a BEAST

Also, I liked FFXII. put 280 hours in it..got 100%...lost file ._.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Really O_o ..wow... everyone I've ever known say it wrong.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I knew that actually, I just didn't know the pronunciation of it. It's always funny to me how a giant fish = a dragon.

finalark

SNORLAX
I knew that actually, I just didn't know the pronunciation of it. It's always funny to me how a giant fish = a dragon.
Well this is Japan, a race who I'm pretty sure couldn't make a faithful adaptation of anything to save their lives.

Then again, Bahumat has been displayed as a dragon in some non-Japanese works too.

finalark

SNORLAX
Sounds too time consuming, never liked spending time in MMO's. Plus its a beta so if you get your guy to some high level it doesn't matter since he's just going to be erased.
This might not be true. Some MMOs let you use your beta character in the real thing, my main in Lotro is the same guy I've been using since it was in beta.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Eh, just go in with my attitude:
It's free. I'm not paying monthly. I'm not going to buy the game when it comes out. It's free.

You don't have to play seriously. I'm just kinda messing around with it when I'm bored.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
... I can play as Lightning?

HELLS YEAH!!! WOOT!!

[EDIT]

I kinda wish that the Dissidia series was on the PS3 instead. It'd give us a more beautiful game and at least on the PSP the online battles would be great. There'd also be no worries for having to cut anything out or something, maybe.

Do want this game now. dfajlhd

finalark

SNORLAX
Will the previous charecters have the same moves? or will they come out with a totally new move set? Or maybe a mix?
We don't have much information right now. Just a vague Japanese release date, Kain and Lightning as new characters and that's it. But given how most fighting games end up we'll probably see a mix of old and new moves.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Ofcoarse nobody knows, I was just wondering what you guys think. I'm thinking some new will help but some of the old moves leave people wide open for attacks. (take Cecil) All his moves are laggy and easily punishable, the only thing he has going for him is if the other player accidently gets hit.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I haven't played the first Dissidia yet. I plan to though.
I'm looking forward to how Dissidia 2 turns out. Kain and Lightning's a nice addition.

I kinda wish that the Dissidia series was on the PS3 instead. It'd give us a more beautiful game and at least on the PSP the online battles would be great. There'd also be no worries for having to cut anything out or something, maybe.

Do want this game now. dfajlhd
That would be pretty awesome. I was hoping they would, but oh well.
Dissidia on PSP looks nice as it is.

Top Bottom