• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion & Character Rankings

Silfa

Smash Ace
Need Bowser Jr. He'd probably be a clone, but who cares, he has a bandana.

Wait, some of Bowser's moves wouldn't make much sense on Jr. because of his size. hmm..

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Speaking of snake, Metal Gear Solid 2 occured yesterday.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Thread rules
1. This topic is for discussion of Australian Brawl tournaments, results, character usages, future speculation, etc etc.
2. This topic is also for discussing what is in the topic title. General metgame chat is fine too.
So in other words:
Don't go off topic
I will be enforcing this by the way, so watch out. This isn't going to be a spam thread, we have stuff for that in FFFF, right?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah I dont know why they havnt put bowser jr in yet,
also another reason that snake is pwn is because he is based off the character snake pliskin from the movie escape from new york, played by kurt russel wearing an eye patch and looking like big boss.
I need a big boss texture hack for brawl :)
anyways on topic metaknight should be banned in america even if its just a test banning imo, but as everyone has said, metaknight should NOT be banned in austrlia.
hey if that happens we might even get some ameircan converts come over to play in aus (I doubt it)
cao get them to come to rambo, please?

And I really dont see whats so good about dedede, apart from chaingrabbing which is cheap and gay, without that he's only a good character, not a great one IMO.
I would like to see more australians pick up mario and luigi cause they are like the best characters and so much fun to play.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i would like to suggest we discuss the current cp rules, and how stupid they are.

picking/banning stages should be done after a character is chosen, not before, because you only ban stages according to a characters ability on them. cp should not make one person win over the other, nor should it force one to use a character that he/she is uncomfortable with, but instead, is supposed to give the person who lost a slight advantage coming into the next round.

thoughts?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Everytime I read an MK ban topic all I see is a whole lot of "The best character in the game is being used by the best players and the best players are winning".

You know, the same weekend Whobo happened, Overswarm, who took up MK for the very same reason Accelerate seems to be right now (that is, to prove why he should be banned - Which I don't doubt his capacity to do so, since I've told him to play MK to beat MK), lost to a Sonic in a 93 person tournament.

SONIC. IT DOESNT HAPPEN.

But that's aside the point. I've made my opinion pretty clear multiple times.
I'll be very disappointed with the competitive community if it happens.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Yea, everyone's starting to pick up MK now in the Aus community. All really does to tournaments is just bore the people in it. I know I don't want to be vs'ing MK 5+ times in the one tourney and I'm sure a lot other people wouldn't either. It's bad enough trying to beat Amaterasu and his MK alone =/

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Yea, everyone's starting to pick up MK now in the Aus community. All really does to tournaments is just bore the people in it. I know I don't want to be vs'ing MK 5+ times in the one tourney and I'm sure a lot other people wouldn't either. It's bad enough trying to beat Amaterasu and his MK alone =/
come to nsw :) we only have 1 mk main and he's not that good cause he's new and all.
also I need to play your kirby more, its ****ing amazing.

tedeth

Smash Master
i would like to suggest we discuss the current cp rules, and how stupid they are.

picking/banning stages should be done after a character is chosen, not before, because you only ban stages according to a characters ability on them. cp should not make one person win over the other, nor should it force one to use a character that he/she is uncomfortable with, but instead, is supposed to give the person who lost a slight advantage coming into the next round.

thoughts?
I have been saying this for a few months now, but some people just seem to put their fingers in their ears and go "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!" untill I finish talking.

I admit that both the char/stage and stage/char systems have flaws, but from what I can see, it's much better to play char/stage

Browny

Smash Hater
thats how we do it in adelaide attila...

although tbh i think the melb system is fair. otherwise you end up with MK's cp'ing rainbow cruise / Delfino and there isnt much you can do about it if you didnt choose someone who can deal with his ridiculous tactics on those stages :p

btw Vyse whats your point? Your argument is worth nothing. just because you personally dont think sonic can fight MK, isnt worth anything when using it as an example of why MK isnt ban-worthy rofl

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It was just a lol anecdote. You know I love me some Sonic <3

I don't personally have a problem with the fact that we're seeing more MK's. Much more dedicated players trying to win this way.

I enjoy it, a good challenge to get through with Diddy too. :)

Browny

Smash Hater
i knew that >_>

Does anyone else in Aus actually use Lucario in tourneys as well? @ Shaya, since i think all of his placing values are from adelaide (2 others use him here) and me in melbourne lol. Now that tanman is helping out with Sonic i can start to focus on getting lucario back up there :)

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
i knew that >_>

Does anyone else in Aus actually use Lucario in tourneys as well? @ Shaya, since i think all of his placing values are from adelaide (2 others use him here) and me in melbourne lol. Now that tanman is helping out with Sonic i can start to focus on getting lucario back up there :)
I used Lucario in the last tourney I played, probably will more often once I start bothering to actually play the game again.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
dont feel bad lag, you might be about to beat me even on some of my good days.....
but not my snake.....

and as for MK in general, its true that there arent many Meta mains but it seems as though everyone and his dog is seconding him......

My two cents....

Zero

Smash Hero
Everyone seconds him to take care of the matchups in which their main is weak in. The whole beginning of the "Ban Metaknight, save the Metagame" argument.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Everyone seconds him to take care of the matchups in which their main is weak in. The whole beginning of the "Ban Metaknight, save the Metagame" argument.
but you will find that even experienced players are MK'ing in tournaments far more than they ever were..... it seems to be that mains are seen in the first few rounds then its mk, mk, mk until the sun sets.
Listen dont get me wrong, i am still undecided on the ban mk thing, but it seems to me that the underlying problem is with people not characters......

tedeth

Smash Master
but you will find that even experienced players are MK'ing in tournaments far more than they ever were..... it seems to be that mains are seen in the first few rounds then its mk, mk, mk until the sun sets.
Listen dont get me wrong, i am still undecided on the ban mk thing, but it seems to me that the underlying problem is with people not characters......
When did this happen? The only Mks I've played against all year in tourneys are fake scar, sd, kulla and scoot i think.

I LAG

Smash Lord
When did this happen? The only Mks I've played against all year in tourneys are fake scar, sd, kulla and scoot i think.
and they either dont play brawl or dont main mk.

<.< cao u cant give me an infraction for this coz when ever i quote something i cant disable the sig.

Zero

Smash Hero
Haha, this is the second step to the whole destroying Metagame argument. But really, NSW has been pretty luckyy in that we don't see too many MK's. No MK dominance like WHOBO, we have a very diverse Top 8, for the most part.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
sorry, i prob should back my statements up with tournament data, but i cant right now. Though i do remember Shaya wiping out mk sometimes. Oh yeah and turtle as well. Im pretty sure there was more than that, but ill drop it until im sure im right....

@zero: yeah your right, top 8 is all over the shop which is great. And i guess i cant talk cause im picking up snake, next worst thing lol

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ilag I said your bad cause your new, I gave you an excuse, I could have just said that you suck, but I dont wanna be mean.

also stereo, round up the gang and come to my tourney! you know you want too...

I LAG

Smash Lord
ilag I said your bad cause your new, I gave you an excuse, I could have just said that you suck, but I dont wanna be mean.

also stereo, round up the gang and come to my tourney! you know you want too...
sorry mr pro nade spamming snake

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
first I'm not pro, and second I dont spam nades anymore, I have better tricks up my sleve

Browny

Smash Hater
lol my brother somehow KO'd my diddy with a grounded shuttle loop off the top of FD at 81%

If we can figure out how to recreate that, he might be banned after all :p

Sieg

Smash Champion
first I'm not pro, and second I dont spam nades anymore, I have better tricks up my sleve
There's nothing wrong with spamming anyway, it's a viable strategy.

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it illegal lol.

Browny

Smash Hater
There's nothing wrong with spamming anyway, it's a viable strategy.

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it illegal lol.
What are you on about? no one made any mention of the legality of spamming nades and who doesnt like it lol...

I LAG

Smash Lord
lol my brother somehow KO'd my diddy with a grounded shuttle loop off the top of FD at 81%

If we can figure out how to recreate that, he might be banned after all :p
you can do it but its really hard.
you have to up-B really close to the ground without being on the ground. and even if u get get timing right usually when u up-b if u haven't used at least two jumps it will jump and b-up and only hit tall characters like snake or miss.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I've only seen like two MK mains at stigma B, Chris and Nicks, and only Nicks attends regularly. MK is nowhere near as much of a problem as he is being made out to be.

idontgottaname

Smash Apprentice
you can do it but its really hard.
you have to up-B really close to the ground without being on the ground. and even if u get get timing right usually when u up-b if u haven't used at least two jumps it will jump and b-up and only hit tall characters like snake or miss.

I love the way you just completely ignored cao, lol

Top Bottom