• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

asianaussie

Smash Hero
real men can watch gay things and be completely unaffected and uncaring about others calling them gay since they're so assured of their own MANLINESS

PD4FR

Smash Ace
real men can watch gay things and be completely unaffected and uncaring about others calling them gay since they're so assured of their own MANLINESS
In a way, you just called me unmanly. You also are one of those people who thinks men can not watch Anime based on how good it is, but based on what is accepted as the norm for what guys watch. Or did I misunderstand you?

I'd also like to recommend Azumanga Daioh. It is 26 episodes long, and it is probably the most hilarious Anime I've ever seen. :)

Edit - Didn't notice the OP already recommended Azumanga Daioh, my bad.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
im saying real men don't care if others call them gay based on their entertainment preferences

i watch k-on avidly
Oh, OK. Your comment could be taken either of those ways, I just assumed the insulting one, lol. I never got around to K-on, I'll have to check that out soon.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I remember as a kid I used to watch Ninku. You know, the one with the uberpowered kid and the half naked guy who slams his fingertips into the earth and the penguin?

Anybody know where I can watch/read it? I tried torrenting it but it was the raw version...and my research (extensive as it was) has yielded no results.

hepp, pwease? *puppy dog eyes*

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Have you tried searching that on Mangafox or Mangastream, Quirkynature?
Mangafox doesn't have it, and I don't even see a search option for Mangastream.

I remember as a kid I used to watch Ninku. You know, the one with the uberpowered kid and the half naked guy who slams his fingertips into the earth and the penguin?

Anybody know where I can watch/read it? I tried torrenting it but it was the raw version...and my research (extensive as it was) has yielded no results.

hepp, pwease? *puppy dog eyes*
I could only find the first manga chapter, here you go.
http://manga.animea.net/ninku-chapter-1.html
That's all I've found, sorry. :/

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Yeah, those were the first places I checked. They don't have Ninku. And, please, it's Quirky. No formality between cyber-buddies.

XD
I guess my one chapter isn't good enough, lol.
I still haven't found it. :ohwell:

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Are there any other good sites to hunt for that stuff? Onemanga probably had it before they shut down.
Nope, Onemanga didn't. I checked. Ah, well, forget it. I'm either going to have to order it off Amazon if I'm desperate enough or keep searching.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
doesnt seem ninku has more than the first chapter scanlated

http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/3053

this site has essentially every manga up for download
I was having the same problem earlier in this thread.
I was able to find the first chapter of the Manga on AnimeA, but that's it.
Why do you think it's just the first chapter all the time? Coincidence, maybe?
We gave up looking for it anyways, lol.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Honestly, I don't see why DN Angel isn't on the list in the OP. Or am I missing it?

It is one of my two favorite Anime. <3

:050:

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Honestly, I don't see why DN Angel isn't on the list in the OP. Or am I missing it?

It is one of my two favorite Anime. <3

just because its one of your favorite series dont mean people that dont like anime or manga will like DN angel

PD4FR

Smash Ace
just because its one of your favorite series dont mean people that dont like anime or manga will like DN angel
There's a reason I separated the two lines. I wasn't saying it should be on because I like it, I think it should be because it is widely known and enjoyed where I live, as far as Anime goes. Maybe it isn't as popular everywhere else? I assumed that since DN ANgel is a popular show even in an area where Anime isn't especially popular (Where I am), then it would be even more popular in other places. I guess I was wrong to assume that? <3

Inb4populardoesn'tmeangood

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
how about them angel beats.

typical dumb plot, but this one actually had me laughing for a good portion of it.

Also had its good drama parts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_Beats!

Id recommend it if you like school rumble.

By the same company who did kanon, clannad and air (if anyone even knows those)

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Mmh this lists needs more serious business!
I would recommend :

- All of Isao Takahata's movies. Especially stuff like Hotaru no Haka or Omohide Poro Poro
- Makoto Shinkai's movies. Especially 5 cm per second.
- All of Satoshi Kon's movies. Especially Perfect Blue.
- the Kino no Tabi series. Wonderfully metaphoric. <3 Hermes

I def wouldn't recommend Azumanga Daioh\Golden Boy\GTO\Bokurano\Higurashi to someone who doesn't watches anime usually O_o. They'd probably just think wtf is this crap and some of these indeed are I'm afraid D:

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda

asianaussie

Smash Hero
angel beats was okay, characters were decent and weren't overplayed, plus plot was novel, if a tad odd...music was also good.

a little disjointed but hey, what isn't...

never seen anything by key before that so im not biased towards/against them

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
completly biased for key because air clannad and kanon were all amazing.

Angel beats! was absolutely nothing like the other three though, different genre entirely (well maybe not the romance factor).

S l o X

Smash Champion
Dropped Higurashi at EP 6 because I was mind blown and didn't understand what was going on.

Should I pick it back up?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Dropped Higurashi at EP 6 because I was mind blown and didn't understand what was going on.

Should I pick it back up?
I really liked it. Once you watch the story that starts in episode 14, things will begin to connect.
I'd say give it a bit more time, IMO.

I still think the Visual/Sound Novel is much better though.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
A reason like 'being mind blown' shouldn't make you stop watching something...hell, that's usually a good thing (see: ttgl).

Give it some time, I intend to watch it soon as well.

S l o X

Smash Champion
well it was more mind boggling than mind blowing. gl in the same sentence with higurashi is so weird but i'll watch it with a mate of mine soon from the start so i can fully understand. :\

kristy

Smash Rookie
Sorry i m huge fan of anime shows but i wanna participate in this discussion thread. As here i just recommend to all those who don't like to watch anime or didn't yet enjoyed any anime.

I m also not a big fan of Anime shows from kid. But my interest of enjoying anime just from 3year ago. And that's only when my GF know, i don't love anime/manga shows. She first laugh at me and then recommend me to watch bleach. I really love it and enjoy out of queue storyline, which are according to my taste of enjoying all other anime shows. That's why her i recommend here every buddy to just watch anime according to the taste of enjoying your own tv show. I am sure, you all no more live away from anime world.

Top Bottom