• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
More content revealed in the beta retail version which is confirmed for day 1 DLC. Epic wants our money:

Unlocks:

Chrome
Gold
Gold Omen
Crimson Omen- Hammerburst/Retro/Gnasher/SOS from doing things in-game.
Flame
Team Insignia
Onyx

DLC:

Infected Omen
Liquid Metal
Liquid Green

Paid:

Garish
Artic Camo
Desert Digital
Desert Camo
Deadly Cute
Childs Play
Blood
Electric
Flower
Haze
Imulsion
Rainbow
Team Pulse
Oil Slick
Ocean
Thunderstorm
Team Distress
Team Metal
Tiger Stripe
Jungle Digital
Tribal
Urban Digital
[collapse= Pics]

[/collapse]

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Personally I'm happy with the camos I can get without the dlc. But I'm still buying the season pass since you save money. But I wouldn't buy a dlc pack that only contains weapon camos. Unless its like 80 microsoft points and I have enough points leftover from a previous purchase.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I do want some of those skins as, from what I saw from the leak a while back, all the skins you have to pay for are much cooler than the unlocks.

Gold camo is cool and all but blood red is cooler. Plus Rainbow?? That sounds awesome.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'm suprised this thread isn't getting more activity. I'm so excited for this game it's unbelievable.

So far I'm only slightly annoyed that you have to unlock A and B Carmine through leveling up, rather than from having achievments in 1 and 2.

:phone:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I've been...excited... Ever since I saw the premiere trailer on Jimmy Fallon.
I was like WHAT ARE THE CHANCES THAT I WATCH JIMMY FALLON AND PLAY GEARS A LOT?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I'm suprised this thread isn't getting more activity. I'm so excited for this game it's unbelievable.

So far I'm only slightly annoyed that you have to unlock A and B Carmine through leveling up, rather than from having achievments in 1 and 2.

I'm excited as well, but in regards to the lack of activity, I'm gonna say it's because the beta was a big pile of ****. That beta by no means got me excited for the game lmao...if anything it made me want to throw my xbox out the window moreso than when I play CoD.

Not to say I think it's going to be a bad game or anything, but the only good thing about the beta was that the lag issues were at a minimum compared to how terrible it was in GoW2. The weapons were pretty unbalanced and the maps kind of sucked, but I've seen all the changes they made and I'm looking forward to it.

Also, I love playing as carmine. That got me a bit disappointed too.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Have they nerfed the damage that the Retro does I wonder. I know they increased the recoil from blindfiring but is that it?

Pretty much all they'd need to do I think is lower it's rate of fire. That way it can keep its strength yet not dominate everything. Apart from that all they'd need to do I say is make the Scorcher slightly more powerful, make a delay on frags exploding when thrown (though I'm sure that was just a glitch) and make Inks stronger.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Nothing with the Sawed-Off? Not to start another debate between it but...
I never minded it much. We'll just have to wait and see.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Why are the golden weapon skins so ****ing easy to get? Literally there has been like 5 different opportunities to get one unlike in gears 2 where you only get one from buying the LE and that's it

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Why are the golden weapon skins so ****ing easy to get? Literally there has been like 5 different opportunities to get one unlike in gears 2 where you only get one from buying the LE and that's it

Dude, they are skins, if you don't like them don't use them.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm just happy that Epic Games had a beta for this game or else Thrashball would still be unfair in the full retail version of the game.

Now if other game companies would have betas for their games...

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
MW2 - The longest beta of all time!

Favorite part of GoW3 is dedicated servers to be honest. This game ran so smoothly compared to GoW2 which was absolute garbage and almost unplayable.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
You guys must've not played much before TU6, because that is where the problem lies in terms of connection issues, host shotty, and the unreasonable range of the shotgun.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You mean we must've not played a lot of TU5 because before then smoke grenades were terrible and hit detection was even worse.

I haven't paid attention to anything about this game since the beta ended. I still need to reserve it too.

Welp.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I haven't paid attention to anything about this game since the beta ended. I still need to reserve it too.

Welp.
Yes, yes you do.

Do eet. Then you get to corner camp with me and F8AL with our gayed offs in a corner all match by the spawn :awesome:

I can't wait! :awesome:

Spawn camping doesn't work in Gears thanks to the 5 second spawn shield Fuel.
So....Juggernaut? :urg:

EDIT:

So far, Gears of War 3 has been getting rave reviews, I've seen sites and magazines give it scores like 9.5/10, 5/5, 10/10, 97% etc. So far, the lowest score I've seen for Gear 3 is 9/10 :cool:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Gears of War 3 will have 21 weapon skins for purchase on day one

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/15/gears-of-war-3-will-have-21-weapon-skins-for-purchase-on-day-one/

You'll be able to customize your guns for a little cash, either ala carte or in special packs, on launch day in Gears of War 3. Epic has confirmed with MTV Multiplayer that 21 different skins will be available, including floral prints, rainbows and several animated motifs.

Producer Rod Fergusson promises to spill the beans on Friday at 5:30pm PDT
:urg:

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Well if they aren't expensive I might buy it with leftover microsoft points from larger purchases. Would be cool if this was included with the season pass.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Top Bottom