• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
God I can't wait for this game to come out

I already have the LE and the Lancer Replica pre ordered and I'm so hype to finally finish off this series. Gonna be kicking some major *** as Anya online hell yeah. The day I get this game I'm going to proudly hang up my COG banner up on my wall and I'm going to wear my badge to school idgaf if it's nerdy I ****ing love this game

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
And the gifts just keep on coming. Already the LE has WAY more stuff than the CoD LE brought. A zombies map pack < a banner, weapon skins, schematics (those come with the LE right?), a badge, a character (he comes in with the LE too right?) and so on

God now I'm even more pumped

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I'm pretty upset that I can't upgrade my regular preorder to an LE... (at gamestop) ;___; Any know if any stores are still taking LE preorders?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm pretty upset that I can't upgrade my regular preorder to an LE... (at gamestop) ;___; Any know if any stores are still taking LE preorders?
I don't think so tbh

I'm so glad I went to reserve my LE just before the beta. I almost told my parents it wasn't worth reserving, but then my dad convinced me since it's just 10$ more and they'd probably have a good deal for it

He was right.

I'm also pretty happy I reserved my replica. Apparently I came to reserve it just the week before they stopped taking preorders so I just barely made it in.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Veteran Gear Achievement will get you all 5 golden weapons in GoW3.

Those who have the “Veteran Gear” achievement, which Rod points out is more than just being level 100, will receive gold weapon skins on all five of Gears of War 3′s starting weapons. This is checked automatically by the game through your achievements. Meaning if you’ve had your rank reset (Or reset it yourself at some point), but have obtained the Veteran Gear achievement, you’re in the clear. Veteran Gears will also unlock a medal and title within Gears of War 3.

This has recently caused a massive uproar over at Epic’s official forums, spawning a thread over 4000 posts high in less than 24 hours. It would seem some fans are infuriated that the Veteran Gear unlocks are all but exclusive, as all of the gold weapon skins can be obtained through some means other than just having the Veteran Gear achievement. To recap lightly how you can get those weapon skins without having the Veteran Gear achievement;

Golden Gnasher – By playing on the first week of Gears of War 3′s official release, players will automatically receive this skin permanently.

Golden Sawed-Off – Players will receive this skin by having the “Commando” achievement in Gears of War 1. The game automatically checks for this, and the achievement is attained by completing the game on the Insane difficulty.

Golden Lancer – This skin is received by having the skin downloaded to your profile for Gears of War 2. In other words, if you have it in GoW2, you have it in GoW3.

Golden Hammerburst – Acquired by the same means as the Golden Lancer skin. If you have it on GoW2, you have it in GoW3.

Golden Retro Lancer – If you played the Gears of War 3 Beta, unlocked the Golden Retro Lancer in the beta (Required playing 90 total matches), and then got 100 kills with said Golden Retro lancer in the Beta, you’ll have the Golden Retro Lancer unlocked in the retail version of Gears of War 3.
They will also be doing xp weekends until the release of Gow3, starting August 20th to help ppl get the Vet Achievement.
If you haven’t unlocked Veteran Gear yet, Rod also brought some great news to you; Every weekend leading up to Gears of War 3′s release, Gears of War 2 will have an XP Multiplier active. Effective the weekend of August 20th, every week will increase the multiplier. Rod gave no details to what multiplier the events would start out on, or if the events would go beyond just XP, such as special Horde events or changing some basic structuring within multiplayer itself.

Infected Omen Skin will also come with the Gears of War controllers. I guess it's fine that i'm not getting the limited edition anymore.. lol
In other “exclusive content” related news, Rod also revealed that he was mistaken on the subject of the Gears of War 3 Controller coming with the Infect Omen weapon skins. As it turns out, every controller will indeed come with the animated Infected Omen weapon skins. Originally slated to be exclusive to the Gears of War 3 console bundle, these skins are now readily available with a much cheaper product.
more info is here

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Actually that's old info. You can now only get Gold Gnasher by having Veteran Gear and Gold Lancer/Hammy by playing on the first week.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Golden gnasher for veterans. How fitting. :troll:

I just recently moved into my college dorm. I'm now learning how connection based this game is. The connection isn't as great as mine at home, so it's really difficult to solo. Hopefully the servers will make this a non-issue.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Gears of War 3 gets $30 'season pass,' first DLC in November

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/29/gears-of-war-3-gets-30-season-pass-first-dlc-in-november/

http://kotaku.com/5835322/gears-of-war-3-season-pass-available-at-launch

Microsoft claims the 2400 Microsoft point ($30) season pass will "guarantee a 33 percent discount on the game add-ons," compared to purchasing them individually when released. The pass will be available on September 20 and include an "exclusive" Liquid Metal Weapon Set.

The season pass will cover the "first four" installments of DLC, which will be released over the next year, with the first planned for November.
This is good for players who buy lots of DLC on the 360 or are big Gears of War fans.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Ick. Gears of War isn't a game that I'd buy DLC for on any of the consoles.
The original maps in both games are waaay better than the new DLC that they make.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
2400MS points so you can get four 1200 point map packs for 800 points?

So you actually pay 800 more points than you would've without this?

:phone:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Disagree.

Allfathers Garden is my absolute favorite map from Gears 2.

Plus the DLC gives you some great throwback maps such as Fuel Depot, Canals, and War Machine.
That is one map from the DLC, and was it worth the money to get all of the other **** maps?
Plus, throwbacks don't count, considering they're maps from the originals.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Dark cornere was the only extension that brought some good, new maps. Allfathers and nowhere were great, even sanctuary wasn't tooooo bad. But all other new maps were pretty bad (disregarding throwbacks).

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Gears of War 3 Exclusive Dust to Dust Trailer

[yt]U5AVJXw--IQ[/yt]

Look at 0:15 and you'll see RAAM.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
It's just showing the events of all 3 games by the looks of it, that's why RAAM's there and that's why the place floods.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So excited for the 13th because that's when my lancer comes in. Tr amount of hype I've been feeling for he past couple of months is the most hype I've felt for days

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
The way epic words the season pass on their website, the 30 dollar season pass guarantees you all the dlc. It sounded like the season pass only gave you a discount on each of the dlc's individually when I read about it on other sites. But I think the 30 dollars is all you have to spend to get all the dlc, if that's the case then it is actually a really good deal.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
If what Xanthan said is true then yes that is a really good deal. If it only gave you a 33% dicount then it's dreadful because you actually spend more money with it but if you get all the DLC from it then it's a great deal.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The way epic words the season pass on their website, the 30 dollar season pass guarantees you all the dlc. It sounded like the season pass only gave you a discount on each of the dlc's individually when I read about it on other sites. But I think the 30 dollars is all you have to spend to get all the dlc, if that's the case then it is actually a really good deal.
Yes, you get all the DLC free for a year if you buy the $30 season pass. It'll save money and good for hardcore/loyal Gears fans.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Yes, you get all the DLC free for a year if you buy the $30 season pass. It'll save money and good for hardcore/loyal Gears fans.
That's a first day buy for me then. I love the Gears 3 multiplayer, and the campaign and horde should be incredible.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
That's because they put an insanely tight time limit cap on beast mode and it only has 12 rounds. AKA It's going to be b*******.

Edit:

Here's a non-leaked video showing the completely revamped Gridlock look, for those of you who haven't already seen it:

http://youtu.be/ZbphZkgiFuA

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Since when did you have the OP?
I should pay more attention.
Anyways, I preordered Gears 3 in Virginia so I will have to get someone to pick it up there and send it to me.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
New Thrashball layout:

http://youtu.be/lqlxNcpdcvM

Biggest change being that there's now 3 exits from spawn rather than 1.

New Trenches layout:

http://youtu.be/CoNe7pGWF1w

New spawns and an underground section.

Edit:

They removed some maps that were in the older leak so they can make more money are going to release them as DLC.

Edit Edit:

All confirmed unlockables and DLC:

Starting Characters:

COG: Marcus, Dom, Cole, Baird, Anya
Locust: Drone, Savage Drone, Grenadier Elite, Savage Grenadier, Myrrah

Rank Progression Characters:

COG Gear - Level 2
Miner - Level 3
Sam Byrne - Level 4
Beast Rider - Level 5
Dizzy Wallin - Level 7
Hunter - Level 8
Jace Stratton - Level 10
Theron Guard - Level 12
Clayton Carmine - Level 14
Classic Dom - Level 17
Spotter - Level 20
Classic Cole - Level 23
Flame Grenadier - Level 26
Classic Baird - Level 30
Benjamin Carmine - Level 34
Grenadier - Level 39
Civilian Anya - Level 45
Victor Hoffman - Level 50
Hunter Elite - Level 60
Anthony Carmine - Level 75

Medal/Miscellaneous Unlock Characters:

Classic Marcus - Silver Veteran Medal (Play 200 Matches)
Unarmored Marcus - Complete the Campaign, Any Difficulty.
Superstar Cole - Gold MVP Medal (MVP 100 Matches)
Chairman Prescott - Silver Allfathers Medal (Play 200 Matches in all 6 Game Modes)
Golden Gear - Bronze War Supporter Medal (Play in 5 Gears Events)
Savage Theron Guard - Beat Beast Mode, All Difficulties.
Kantus - Gold Medic Medal (Revive 150 Teammates)
Sniper - Bronze Headshot Medal (Get 100 Headshots)
Golden Hunter - Gold Master-At-Arms Medal (Get 300 Kills with all 5 Starting Weapons)
Golden Miner - Gold Rifleman Medal (Get 300 Kills with all 3 Rifles)
Griffin - Facebook Promotion or Gold Big Spender Medal ($300,000 in Horde cash)
Cole Train - Through the Beta or a currently unknown way in the Retail.

Pre-Order Characters:

Commando Dom - GameStop Pre-order Exclusive
Mechanic Baird - Bestbuy Pre-order Exclusive
Savage Kantus - Amazon Pre-order Exclusive
Savage Grenadier Elite - Walmart Pre-order Exclusive
Adam Fenix - Exclusive to Limited and Epic Editions (Or if you redeemed your Gears Infected Omen Controller code before 9/9/11)

DLC Characters:

Bernie Mataki - Confirmed for 1st DLC in November
Onyx Guard - Confirmed for 1st DLC in November
Tai Kaliso
Ming Young Kim
RAAM
Skorge
Michael Barrick

DLC Maps:

Azura - Confirmed for 1st DLC in November
Rust Lung - Confirmed for 1st DLC in November

Weapon Unlocks:

Crimson Omen Lancer - 12 + 2 XBL Gold Card Promotion
Crimson Omen Hammerburst - Welcome to Beast (Survive all 12 waves of Beast mode)
Crimson Omen Retro Lancer - Welcome to Horde (Survive the first 10 waves of Horde mode)
Crimson Omen Gnasher - Welcome to Versus (Kill 10 enemies in Team Deathmatch)
Crimson Omen Sawed-Off - Welcome to Arcade (Complete 5 Arcade Campaign chapters in co-op)

Team Insignia Retro - Bronze Veteran Medal (Play 100 Matches)
Team Insignia Lancer - Silver Veteran Medal (Play 200 Matches)
Team Insignia Hammerburst - Gold Veteran Medal (Play 300 Matches)
Team Insignia Shotgun Set - Onyx Veteran Medal (Play 400 Matches)

Flaming Hammerburst - Unlocked if you played the beta between April 18th - April 24th.
Flaming Lancer - Unlocked if you played the beta between April 25th - May 1st.
Flaming Retro Lancer - No information at the moment...
Flaming Sawed-Off - Unlocked if you played the beta between May 2nd - May 8th.
Flaming Gnasher - Unlocked if you played the beta between May 9th - May 15th.

Gold Lancer - Play Gears 3 online between Sept. 20th and Sept. 27th or Download codes from Gears of War 2 (Carries over if you already have them).
Gold Hammerburst - Play Gears 3 online between Sept. 20th and Sept. 27th or Download codes from Gears of War 2 (Carries over if you already have them).
Gold Retro Lancer - Unlocked in beta (complete 90 matches and get 100 kills with the gold Retro Lancer) or can also be unlocked by getting Veteran Gear in Gears 2.
Gold Gnasher - Unlocked by getting Veteran Gear in Gears 2 and playing in the first week of play in Gears of War 3.
Gold Sawed-Off - Unlocked via the Commando achievement in Gears of War 1 (Complete Gears of War 1 on Insane).

(NOTE - Veteran Gear Achievement in Gears 2 unlocks the gold skin for all five starting weapons)

Chrome Lancer - In Gears 1, finish a ranked match with the highest amount of points.
Chrome Hammerburst - Complete 10 waves of Horde, on any difficulty, on any map, in Gears 2.
Chrome Retro Lancer - In Gears 1, complete 10 different co-op chapters as Dominic Santiago on any difficulty.
Chrome Gnasher - Complete the campaigns of Gears of War 1, 2 and 3, on any difficulty.
Chrome Sawed-Off – Have at least one achievement from Gears of War PC.

Onyx Lancer – Get 6000 kills with the Lancer in Gears 3.
Onyx Hammerburst – Get 6000 kills with the Hammerburst in Gears 3.
Onyx Retro Lancer – Get 6000 kills with the Retro Lancer in Gears 3.
Onyx Gnasher – Get 6000 kills with the Gnasher in Gears 3.
Onyx Sawed-Off – Get 6000 kills with the Sawed-Off in Gears 3.

Gold Omen (all 5 starting weapons) - Reach level 100 in Gears of War 3.
Infected Omen (all 5 starting weapons) - Included with the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition, LE Console or LE Controller (if redeemed before 9/9).

Liquid Metal Black (all 5 starting weapons)- Included with the Gears of War 3 Season Pass.
Liquid Metal Green (all 5 starting weapons) - Obtained (for free) through a yet to be announced promotion.
Liquid Metal White / Ivory (all 5 starting weapons) - Exclusive to Epic employees or those who are close friends with Joe Graf.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I like the changes to Thrashball, it's a cluster **** getting out of there.

Top Bottom