• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Would anyone be willing to help me get the Road to Ruin co-op achievement in Gears 2 before Gears 3 drops? I just need to simply play it through the like 15 minute level with someone.

I'd really appreciate the help anyone.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
http://www.twitch.tv/epicgamesinc

So apparently the weapon skin pack does NOT come in the seasons pass, and it costs I think another 2400 for EVERY weapon skin...

Making a $60 game into a $100 is the way to go now. I love gears, but this is crazy.
Imagine how much that would cost if you got the limited or the epic edition if you got one of those 2 with the season pass AND all the weapon skins. With the epic edition you're looking at spending at least $200. They should have just made those skins be unlockables via certain multiplayer ranks or certain achievements.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The rainbow skin doesn't look as cool as I imagined. I was expecting the entire gun to have think rainbow stripes on it, no just a small part of the gun to have an animated rainbow circle.

And I was honestly expecting the skins to be about 1200MS points, MAYBE 1600 at a push, in which case I'd buy them (if they were 1200) or buy a few (if they were 1600) but 3600? That's completely insane.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
3600? Dang that's even more expensive than I imagined, well I'm just gonna stick with the camos that I can unlock in the actual game(and the liquid metal skins since I'll be getting the season pass).

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I remember in the early leak, which had characters and levels that have been locked for DLC in the retail, there was a skin called Bulletstorm. But now I've not heard anything about that.

I thought I was at least going to get an extra skin for having Bulletstorm due to that but I guess not anymore.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I will be playing Gears 3 non-stop for like 3 or 4 months.

And then semi-regularly for about 3 years after that :p

Sucks about the skins- but I can't blame EPIC, and at the end of the day you can only use one skin at once anyways.

The reviews have me pumped, the footage has me pumped, and playing gears 2 has me pumped.

As a lover of gears one, I never had a problem with the multiplayer throughout the trilogy's history. It was laggy, tempermental, and very unforgiving, but it was what it was. That was gears. Now with dedicated servers and great matchmaking, this game will absolutely consume my soul.

I CANNOT WAIT

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Ive been trying NOT to keep update on gears 3 since the beta ended(too much hype) so whats the deal with this season pass?

What does it do and what does it unlock?

:phone:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yo mang, we gotta play when you get the game.
I want to hear your beautiful locks rub against your Xbox Microphone.

Also, Wretched combo in gears which I NEVER told you guys about:
1. Obtain a pistol of any sort. Boltok Or Gorgon Or Snub. Whatever you prefer.
2. Go to an area where people are forced to approach through a narrow hall way, I.E. Thrashball grenade area.
3. Blind fire your pistol so they think you have bad aim. They will start rolling at you.
4. Right before they roll up to you, pull out your shotgun. It has less lag then their last roll and they will end up right in your face when you have a shotgun.

It was the best mindgame and it always worked. DOIT. Just don't trade with people by being too slow on the shotgun.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
season pass unlocks the first 3 (or 4?) DLC's when they come out at a (slightly) discounted price. Basically it's just a pre-order of down-loadable content, but then you also get a black liquid metal weapon set. So if you are indeed someone who is going to buy the DLC's immediately as opposed to waiting for a price drop ( like me) than you can't go wrong.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Also, Wretched combo in gears which I NEVER told you guys about:
1. Obtain a pistol of any sort. Boltok Or Gorgon Or Snub. Whatever you prefer.
2. Go to an area where people are forced to approach through a narrow hall way, I.E. Thrashball grenade area.
3. Blind fire your pistol so they think you have bad aim. They will start rolling at you.
4. Right before they roll up to you, pull out your shotgun. It has less lag then their last roll and they will end up right in your face when you have a shotgun.

It was the best mindgame and it always worked. DOIT. Just don't trade with people by being too slow on the shotgun.
Not a smart move against an experienced Gears player since they will always wall bounce towards you as opposed to roll.

In fact that's one of the big no-no's in a shotgun 1 v 1... NEVER roll towards your opponent.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
That seems like a bit of an exaggeration. DLC is fine as long as they don't ****ing make us overpay for a lot of **** or if they do make us pay then it had better not be an unlock code because that would mean the content is already on the disc and we have to pay even more to use stuff we already own

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
That seems like a bit of an exaggeration. DLC is fine as long as they don't ****ing make us overpay for a lot of **** or if they do make us pay then it had better not be an unlock code because that would mean the content is already on the disc and we have to pay even more to use stuff we already own
I agree with this, unfortunately, a lot of game companies these days abuse DLC.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I agree with this, unfortunately, a lot of game companies these days abuse DLC.
Not my fault people are greedy and try to pocket more out of the parents of the 12 year olds that seem to be a large portion of the fanbases of these games these days

At least paying 3600 MS points for weapon skins isn't the worse I've seen a company do fortunately. At least it's better than paying 15$ per map pack for some rehashed maps and a mediocre to suckish side game among other things other developers have done. Let's be thankful that this is the worst that Epic has done to us since making us pay for maps already on the disc in Gears 2 which ended up being cheap with the map bundle. It could be worse I mean it could be CoD where they don't even release betas for their games or where they don't release dedicated servers even with huge public demand.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
At least it's better than paying 15$ per map pack for some rehashed maps and a mediocre to suckish side game among other things other developers have done.
I KNOOOOW. Treyarch wants us to spend an EXTRA $60 on a game (15 for each map pack) and that wouldn't be too bad if they listened to what the fanbase of decent players wanted, but they don't, so it ends up that only the bad, casual players buy the map packs.
I dunno how dumb people can get, but Epic is on the wrong path... THE TREYARCH PATH.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I KNOOOOW. Treyarch wants us to spend an EXTRA $60 on a game (15 for each map pack) and that wouldn't be too bad if they listened to what the fanbase of decent players wanted, but they don't, so it ends up that only the bad, casual players buy the map packs.
I dunno how dumb people can get, but Epic is on the wrong path... THE TREYARCH PATH.
Are you kidding? The added security so that there were barely any hackers was much appreciated. The removal of One man army, danger close, commando, and the addition of flak jacket I thought that was listening to the community. I think Treyarch did a great job.(and I also really liked the map packs). But I'm getting off topic.

Back on-topic, while the weapon skins prices are ridiculous, at least the season pass is a good deal. Plus, if no one buys the weapon skins, maybe they will lower the prices(who knows maybe those weapon skins will pull a 3DS lol). Its not really necessary to have 21 different skins, there are so many other good skins like Gold, Flaming, Chrome, Infected Omen, Regular Omen, Liquid Metal(from season pass). Plus some of the extra skins aren't even that good(like the rainbow skin). Gold skins are pretty easy to get for Lancer and Hammerburst since you get them if you play during week 1 of Gear's 3 retail release.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
Wow.Getting away from people complaining about CoD just isn't possible I guess.Map packs are perfectly fine imo.If you like the game buy them if you don't like it than don't buy them.It's that simple.I don't approve of charging for content of the disc though. The skins are pretty stupid

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Charging for content that is already on this disc takes some ****ing balls. Id be interested to know what game developer did it first. Anyone know?

:phone:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So all the skins were put up on the marketplace this morning. Just a heads up for everyone, the Haze animated skin is free right now thanks to a mistake by Microsoft I assume, so go download it.

Anyone get their copy of the game today? I never unfortunately.

Not a double post F8AL!

Edit:

If you buy an bundle pack of skins (which I wont be doing) you get the Infected Omen skin with it.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i have to work from 3:30 - 7:30 tonight. going straight to get in line after work. whats awesome is that where im going is only 20 minutes away, but the time is an hour ahead there. :D

Top Bottom