• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well come on all those things are things I could easily do myself with a bit of luck. Well except for the Torque Bow one, that I won't do just because I'll probably never get the opportunity to do it

The other two I could easily do. Shoot the Digger Launcher that kills the entire team? Please that's already happened to me about 4 times today. Don't see how that's really spectacular

If anything they should have put the Torque Bow higher at 3 just because that's more wow worthy than the next two

And I agree. 1 and 2 should definitely switch. Sure the scoreboard required some extreme luck just because an extremely small amount of players ever get a kill with it but that boltok one I know I'll NEVER EVER EVER EVER in my lifespan will I'll be able to do. I mean what are the chances of me randomly shooting a pistol into a cloud of smoke to blow up 5 people with a planted grenade? None because first off I never even use my pistol and I only use it when I meatshield people, which I barely ever do anyways because I like to be flashy, and second off, come on. I'm never that lucky in ANYTHING

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Since when do you like being flashy? You use the sawed off. Also, that's ridiculous. I don't believe that you've gotten five kills with one set of digger ammo in any amount of time.
Also, the kills aren't ranked by skill, they're ranked by amazingness in general. Although, I agree that #1 and #2 were misplaced. Actually, #1 should've been #4

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
What I don't understand is people who are scared of other people in this game.

What's that? There's a guy there? You can't move forward because he might shoot you? WELL YOU HAVE A GUN DIP****, SHOOT HIM!!

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Both editions seem cool. But Adam Fenix and the Weapon Skins pack are probably already on the disc so I'll just stick with the regular edition.

I'm shelling out the extra cash for this. Definitely.

Well... I made up my mind way before the beta, but now I'm certain.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
The figure is sorta cool looking, and you get a fair amount of stuff along with the game for only an extra $40. I'll consider that, seeing as I have a lot of money to waste.

Not so sure if it'll be worth it in the end considering how bad the beta was....

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So none of those are the Limited Edition or is it going by the name of the Collector's Edition?

Because I'd like to see what it brings since I reserved it :/

Since when do you like being flashy? You use the sawed off. Also, that's ridiculous. I don't believe that you've gotten five kills with one set of digger ammo in any amount of time.
Also, the kills aren't ranked by skill, they're ranked by amazingness in general. Although, I agree that #1 and #2 were misplaced. Actually, #1 should've been #4
I stopped using it after the first week yo

EDIT:

Whoops double post >_<

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
He mentioned it was the end of the trilogy in that video.

Told you it was a trilogy Wretched!

Edit:

Also Limited edition is called Collectors, Fuel.

Edit Edit:

Also F8AL Adam Fenix and the weapon skins wont be on the disc. It'll be like the flaming effect in Reach, a Legendary exclusive.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
On second thought I might get the limited edition. Not sure yet. I don't really care about the weapon skins pack since I already have a bunch of flame camos and gold retro lancer. But getting to use Adam Fenix could be cool.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

Edit:

Edit Edit:

Also F8AL Adam Fenix and the weapon skins wont be on the disc. It'll be like the flaming effect in Reach, a Legendary exclusive.
Ok then yessssssss I get a banner. I've been wanting one for my wall foreverrrrrrrrrr

I also get Adam Fenix yessss winnnnnn

And I get a medal. I will wear that to school in pride to have served the COG for as long the first game's been made

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Edit:

Edit Edit:

The flaming effect in Reach was already on the disc.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah but what difference does that make if you can't use it without Legendary? Saying it's already on the disc is just a redundant piece of information.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yeah but what difference does that make if you can't use it without Legendary? Saying it's already on the disc is just a redundant piece of information.
You actually can use it if you have the regular edition of Reach. Just buy/find a code and input it into XBLM.

Since these skins are probably already on the disc, it eliminates one of the "must have" reasons for getting the more expensive editions of the game.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Apart from the fact that the flaming helmets were selling for around the same price as Legendary itself. You could buy the regular and pay more for codes and get less stuff, or just buy the Collector or Epic for cheaper and get more stuff.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You could buy the regular, but what about the stuff that come with the more expensive editions? The ones that are actually physical things? I beat you that's the prime reason why people buy the more expensive editions in the first place

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
You could buy the regular, but what about the stuff that come with the more expensive editions? The ones that are actually physical things? I beat you that's the prime reason why people buy the more expensive editions in the first place
Yeah, I know that. Just letting you guys know that the skins and stuff of that nature is probably on the disc. That's all.

I'll probably pick this game up when it releases. (Might keep me entertained till MW3 is released 2 months later...)

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Probably for Gears due to the fact that all the physical content is great, but not for Halo.

Also bull****. There's exclusive skins for pre-ordering it from different retailers. Savage Kantus for Amazon, and Mechanic Baird for somewhere called Best Buy.

Great Epic. Showing us how ****ty and money grabbing your company is yet again. Seriously these skins better be DLC because what the **** is a Best Buy.

If anything, they will be up for DLC.

And when I mean DLC, I mean DLC that Epic will raffle on Twitter for free.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
There was a whole bunch of pictures of almost every single character in the game plus a few alt costume and a new map but the removed it already.

It showed a new unknown COG that looked like a cool Carmine, but who was called Prescott Guard.

Edit: Not the pics, but they'll resurface on the net soon, but all the maps and characters excluding the pre-order Adam Fenix, Mechanic Baird and Savage Theron:

Multiplayer maps

Aftermath
Artillery
Azura
Blood Drive
Dry Dock
Clocktower
Cove
DayOne
Old Town
Gridlock
Checkout
Hotel
Jacinto
Mercy
Overpass
River
RustLung
Sandbar
Thrashball
Trenches

Weapon Skins

Gold
Chrome
Omen
Tribal
Camo
Digital
Deadly Cute (pink)
Garish
Black

Characters

Marcus Fenix
Minh Young Kim
Augustus Cole
Cole thrashball
Damon Baird
Samantha Byrne
Dominic Santiago
Carmine Clayton
Anthony Carmine
Benjamin Carmine
Tai Kalis
Dizzy Wallin
Victor Hoffman
Chairman Prescott
Anya Stroud
Jace Stratton
Onyx Guard
Griffin
Bernie
Do Commando
Civilian Cole
Civilian Marcus
Drone
Sniper
Grenadier Elite
Grenadier
Theron Guard
Theron Sentine
Bilge Theron
Cyclop
Beast Rider
Flame Grenadier
Kantus
Skorge
RAAM
Myrrah
Savage Grenadier

I know it's real because I just saw all the pics for almost all of those characters, Onyx Guard is Prescott Guard, and this information came out it February and it has so far been spot on.

I did manage so save a picture of the map Rustlung to my computer before they took it down though, confirming it's authenticity even more:

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
And now begins my Gears of War 3 withdrawal.

Symptoms may include:

Not wanting to go to Gears of War 2.
Wanting to play Gears of War 3 even more.
Not staying on Xbox as long.

:L

I miss Gears 3...

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So I literally can't find these pictures anywhere on Google. I also couldn't find my way back to the folder on the image website that had them, but then I remembered my computers history, so I managed to get them through that! So here's the pre-order characters and "Bling" Cole and possibly Dom's dead brother, Carlos, or maybe an alt costume for Dom. These aren't the leaked ones I was talking about:

Now these are the leaked character files that I can't find anywhere else on the Internet, excluding the 2 maps I previously posted:

I noticed that there's quite a few numbers missing, and all the characters are in alphabetical order. Savage Drone is 106 and the Sniper is 109, meaning that 107 and 108 is Savage Grenadier and Theron.

That means Skorge isn't on the disc. He'll probably be DLC like Savage Kantus.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
My Gears 3 withdrawal includes

Not wanting to play Gears 2
Partying because the beta is finally over
Not even going on XBL anymore

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The sniper was perfect I think actually. It actually works now, and headshots are so easy to come by in this game.

Though weirdly I think I got the most headshots with the Boltok. That gun is severely underrated.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/18/gears-of-war-3-beta-attracted-1-29-million-testers/

Here are the Gears 3 beta stats:

- 1.29 million people participated in the beta
- 145 different countries participated in the beta
- 249 years worth of matches played
- More than 11 million matches completed
- More than 927 million kills recorded
- More than 131 million executions performed
- More than 23 million deaths by chainsaw
- Nearly 23 BILLION bullets fired
- 4.9 billion ribbons and 291 million medals earned
- 435,000 people earned the beta-exclusive Thrashball Cole skin to use in the retail game when it launches in September
- 234,000 people earned the beta-exclusive Gold Retro Lancer to use in the retail game when it launches in September

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
The gayed sawed off and the retro lancer? :urg:
Yes. The bane of my existence has manifested in the form of the retro.

No, the Digger Launcher and the Sniper.

They weren't amazing enough.[/COLO.R]

No. They are perfect

The sniper was perfect I think actually. It actually works now, and headshots are so easy to come by in this game.

Though weirdly I think I got the most headshots with the Boltok. That gun is severely underrated.
QFT

Boltok was fun to use. And I heard it helps you get 5 kills with a planted frag.
QFT

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Like I said earlier I don't think the sniper is "easier" to get headshots with in GoW3 than it was in GoW2 I think a lot of it has to do with superior hit detection... It was terrible in GoW2.

Top Bottom