• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX & NLL Present: K.U.B. - Road to Apex Qualifier. FREE Apex Entry for 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i think player-1 was. probably player-3 as well. DRN will already be in florida so he'll be here

8Bitman

Smash Master
Are the only 4 Events going to to be Brawl & Melee Singles & Doubles?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Are the only 4 Events going to to be Brawl & Melee Singles & Doubles?
i think 4 is gonna be enough events, all things considered. no side events or anything like that. Just focused on making doubles and mostly singles enjoyable

8Bitman

Smash Master
Most likely not, he's in SFL, and from what i've heard, he has no ride.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Alright, so it looks like I'll have to keep learning :lucario: by myself then.

Btw, NOA, I'M CLOSE TO UNDERSTANDING YOUR PLAYSTYLE, BRO. I WILL BEAT YOUR OLI. I SWEAR IT.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Its ok Draconoa.

Why don't u hop on the suck truck with me.

Us n00bs need to stick together :D

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Oh. 33 or more entrants will result in pools. It will also result in top 6 payout instead of top 4

:phone:

8Bitman

Smash Master
I love round robin, and it's quicker.

ALSO, Kyon, if we don't meet in bracket I want to MM. :3

izzy24

Smash Ace
Hey anyone in the orlando area interested in housing me for this weekend (not the weekend of this tourney, this one coming up) friday-sunday???????? We can hang/play smash/whatever???????? let me know here or pm me

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Ugh. I'll try to do round robin due to popular demand. But just know I won't like it

2-DJeff

Smash Master
bracket pools please . no refresh in actual bracket. Top 2 make it out.just like every other fighting game. Round robin us dumb and it consumes too much time. also there is to much manipulation in it.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
round robin if you have the setups but tbh bracket pools are faster...it depends on what u have + who is there + how big the venue is.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I want to run bracket pools because:

Apex 2013 may have some form of them, so people are used to the idea, since its a qualifier.

Many many reasons bracket pools are superior to round robin inserted here

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Round Robin only sounds good for players who put it in their mind that they're gonna get wrecked at the tourney. IMO that is a weak-minded mindset to have as a competitive player. While I do understand not everyone is playing for the money or for victory and understand people just play to have fun, I really don't see the point in putting $15 to play matches you can play for free if you just want to have fun. Speaking for myself, I play just purely for the competition (which btw is the most fun for me) meaning my opponent and I are playing at the best they can play at the moment. That is augmented not only for the fact that money is involved and the importance of placing but also through double elimination since everyone has to play as good as they can to advance. Along with what Jeff posted, those are my gripes with round robin pools, especially the manipulation part. I shouldn't have to explain the manipulation aspect but I will go in detail if asked.

Edit: I do come off a bit harsh so I'll say this. I do respect players that want to play more. However I believe that should be done outside of actual tourney. You guys are already good for that as you guys hold fests for the most part. Play as much "friendlies" during the off time at the venue. When tourney time comes, it's time to go to work. Just how I feel.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I may try the modified version of top 4 get out instead of top 2 like sktar ...but u like sktar people in losers would keep their losses

I mean do people realize that bracket pools are essentially a giant bracket broken down right?

//JaZz\\

Smash Journeyman
Round Robin only sounds good for players who put it in their mind that they're gonna get wrecked at the tourney. IMO that is a weak-minded mindset to have as a competitive player. While I do understand not everyone is playing for the money or for victory and understand people just play to have fun, I really don't see the point in putting $15 to play matches you can play for free if you just want to have fun. Speaking for myself, I play just purely for the competition (which btw is the most fun for me) meaning my opponent and I are playing at the best they can play at the moment. That is augmented not only for the fact that money is involved and the importance of placing but also through double elimination since everyone has to play as good as they can to advance. Along with what Jeff posted, those are my gripes with round robin pools, especially the manipulation part. I shouldn't have to explain the manipulation aspect but I will go in detail if asked.

Edit: I do come off a bit harsh so I'll say this. I do respect players that want to play more. However I believe that should be done outside of actual tourney. You guys are already good for that as you guys hold fests for the most part. Play as much "friendlies" during the off time at the venue. When tourney time comes, it's time to go to work. Just how I feel.
I'm behind you on every word D-Torr. I'm tha same way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom