• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX & NLL Present: K.U.B. - Road to Apex Qualifier. FREE Apex Entry for 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'll check later daisy

And also to appease entrants I may end up doing 8 man bracket pools top 4 get out..winners finals wouldn't play out and neither would loser semis

Then when those 4 move to the final bracket then they will play. So for example if Ryan and daisy make it to winners finals and me and drn make it to losers semis in the same pool, then we all 4 would move to the final bracket. Then within the final bracket those matches would still happen (me vs drn and Ryan vs daisy)

The only difference between this and just outright doing top 2 get out is that the loser of that winners match wouldn't play me or drn. They would move somewhere else in the bracket and play the losers of some other section.

Or I could keep the winners and mix up the losers I dunno just trying to think of a middleground of the mass amount of people exiting a round robin pool with the speed and unbias of a bracket pool. Of course this is only an issue if we have 33 or more entrants so SHOW UP :laugh:

:phone:

Noa.

Smash Master
I think that if we do top four then the people in loser's bracket shouldn't face each other in the main bracket. Cause one of them may have knocked the other into loser's bracket in the first place and it would suck to be booted out of a big tourney like this by the same person twice.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I may do it DBZ style. As in people will draw numbers to see who they play for final bracket for both winners and losers side

And david, playpool.com

2-DJeff

Smash Master
because its just a bracket. no one is technically making it out of anything.... when you come over this weekend we will explain.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Hopefully, I'm will try my hardest not to drown in pools then.

And it looks like I'll have to play more than :kirby2: to confirm that.

Top 4 sounds better.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Winners would be odd numbers and losers would be even numbers. 1-16. Then go from there making the final 16 man bracket

It's either that or just make it top 2 get out bracket . I think its a decent middleground

2-DJeff

Smash Master
just so that everyone knows. bracket pools is just a giant bracket broken apart then formed when it comes to top 32/16/ or 8. The term "making it out of pools" just means your in top whatever in losers or winners. it's a huge bracket broken up to rin at different setups

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
Hopefully, I'm will try my hardest not to drown in pools then.

And it looks like I'll have to play more than :kirby2: to confirm that.

Top 4 sounds better.
This may not be useful coming from a scrub like me, but Payne and I both agree you do pretty well with some of your other characters like marth.

Take it or leave it.

I'm not sure if I still want to do doubles unless we get together and practice before hand. Me, Payne, Jazz, Sora, and KDB hang out and play each other a lot if you want to come down one of these days. Hopefully dtorr too D: @dtorr, Y U NO ON FB WHEN WE WANNA INVITE U?!?!

Some nessboard members ((Including Shaky >.>) basically called me free the other day, and I'm a bit riled up but I can't exactly deny it >.> I guess all I can really do is try to improve.

HYYYYPPPPPPEEEEEEE

I'll bring both my tv's if someone has another wii in need of a tv~

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
This may not be useful coming from a scrub like me, but Payne and I both agree you do pretty well with some of your other characters like marth.

Take it or leave it.
Marth, Ganon, Kirby, and now possibly lucario.
Bah. Maybe all lucario, maybe not. Bah, idk.

I'm not sure if I still want to do doubles unless we get together and practice before hand. Me, Payne, Jazz, Sora, and KDB hang out and play each other a lot if you want to come down one of these days.
Sounds nice, but I don't have a ride that would take me to Kissimmee or anything farther from my location.
I will currently just be playing against an lv3 char and learn to take off My bad habits and etc.

Thanks for asking me though, I appreciate it. :3

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I'll check later daisy

And also to appease entrants I may end up doing 8 man bracket pools top 4 get out..winners finals wouldn't play out and neither would loser semis

Then when those 4 move to the final bracket then they will play. So for example if Ryan and daisy make it to winners finals and me and drn make it to losers semis in the same pool, then we all 4 would move to the final bracket. Then within the final bracket those matches would still happen (me vs drn and Ryan vs daisy)

The only difference between this and just outright doing top 2 get out is that the loser of that winners match wouldn't play me or drn. They would move somewhere else in the bracket and play the losers of some other section.

Or I could keep the winners and mix up the losers I dunno just trying to think of a middleground of the mass amount of people exiting a round robin pool with the speed and unbias of a bracket pool. Of course this is only an issue if we have 33 or more entrants so SHOW UP :laugh:

Mix up winners an losers plz

:sonic:

8Bitman

Smash Master
Anyone wanna team? I honestly don't care who I team with at this point. Doing it for fun.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
If pie decides not to do doubles, I'm down. It's up to him though, not me. :p

:kirby2: or :lucario:? Just so I won't have a hard time deciding.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
I would play doubles but I don't think GDX would accept Chuck E. Cheese coins. Which is all I'll have left after I pay for singles.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Would anyone be willing to house some Memphis, TN smashers? Myself and a few other guys are planning on making the drive out there.
Someone house these fine people. I'm unable to house myself unfortunately

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
im only giving you enough tickets for people you can actually bring here in your car. You will not house 50 *****s and only bring 4 :laugh:
What if they walk with you to the venue? ;)

I had completely forgotten about this and I'm excited to go. I can house many people!

Myztek or anyone else interested in housing, please text me at 352 358 1019. I am conveniently located across/down the street from Next Level Lan, the venue for this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom