• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GanonTube - The Official Ganon Videos and Critique thread

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
good **** gunblade, those were fun to watch.

3 things:

- work on punishing snake's landings more, it really helps in the MU

- after gerudo, you almost always want to jab against Snake... his rolls are just too big. Feel free to punish if you think he'll GUA or GU though, those are pretty punishable.

- never roll behind snake haha.

makke: that looks like something D3 would do lol... pretty cool

Prince Suicide

Smash Rookie
Yes you can buffer it, but its nothing any ganon need to add into the game because Lucas can air release and the window is tight
What makes lucas air release? I know it has something to do with pummeling, struggling out or the character's feet touching the ground? Or am I way off?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Ya done good, GB!

Given the circumstances, the only criticisms I have are what DLA covered. Don't get too comfy in the Snake MU though; not all Snake's play as aggressively as Fatal's. If you come across a Snake like Bizkit, Razer or MVD who have no problem pitching the tent, you gotta keep your mind on a swivel.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Releasing has to do with what buttons ur pushing while what directions your pressing while also at what time your breaking from a pummel, lame-man-terms, if your trying to break out by pressing jump, and you break before he pummels or in between his pummels, you'll normally jump release. It's alittle more technical then that, but thats the basic gist of it.

It also has to do with the height of the character, if there feet arnt touching the ground, they'll always air release as long as you don't let them break as your pummeling them.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I thought the video was pretty enjoyable. It made me appreciate the vertical hitbox of Dair.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I liked it. Not my type of music but definitely my type of Ganon. Lots of reads and tech chases... looking fresh. I can see Makke becoming the next Ganon to shine.

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
For the Gannon Boards, I wanted to post this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh3EvKEiRUM

Tell me how's Dakpo's Gannon is
You, sir, is Ganonbanned for spelling "Gannon" in ALL your notations about Him.

About Dakpo's GANON, I think he's still unexperienced. Tried to do some cool stuff and got around well, but still lacks the foundations of a Ganon player.

He needs to explore the Gerudo better. It's such a nice tool in Ganon's asset and he underused it a lot.
As well as not overuse SHDair as he did. This can be troublesome against other players.
His Tipman notions are good, but he shouldn't waste his second jump as much as he did in those matches. There were deaths that could be avoided if he had the second jump to help the recovery.

That Diddy was very bad, tho'...

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Yeah I really didn't like the diddy hehe, Dakpo's ganon was pretty good though. He was really good at catching bananas (which i'd expect from a ZSS main cuz suit pieces). Also I liked his edgeguarding. It's kinda hard to critique a Ganon vs. Diddy match unfortunately--the matchup is so banana-heavy that it doesn't leave a lot of Brawl to critique.

Try to stomp less, dash attack more (ganon's dash attack is even better than ZSS's), and do cool stuff out of side B.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
In melee or brawl?

Well actually the answer to both is no lol. I have some good replays though.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Alright I'll try to upload some this week. Also I'll put some more Ganon videos up.

:phone:

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Lookin good. I literally have no advice though because I never subject myself to that matchup lol.

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
Lookin good. I literally have no advice though because I never subject myself to that matchup lol.
yea... one of the reasons i hate MD/VA is because of its diversity....

i mean its good because i don't have to play mks 24/7 but its bad because there are some pretty terrible matchups here

Top Bottom