• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GanonTube - The Official Ganon Videos and Critique thread

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Man D3 looks so much fun to play as. :ohwell:

He had good tech skill (literally) and knew his spacing but he never improvised at all. When Ganon understands how you play, Lol good luck buddy.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Oh, i posted a video on the old thread. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE8reyE7Jm0

Like i said, i think my Sh uair and dair usage was predictable.
And my di was laughable this match.
The Sound and quality makes it look like a Cartoon.

Don't Sidestep too much.
Also, don't push the Control Stick all the way down when Dtilt'ing.

Not neccessary to point out the positive stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQv0_4VSgo8

A video from a Smashfest I had recently. I'm waiting to see if the D3 player is okay with me naming him in the video.

Edit: Cool, he okay'd it. His name is Bass.
You missed a great Stage Spike-opportunity at exactly 1:01.

here's an offline match video i have vs Takeover.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6xHvcSzA40
I think you used Gerudo/Aerudo a couple times too much as an approaching-option.
It's okay to use them as an approach-option once in a while,
to break your pattern, but not too much.

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
The Sound and quality makes it look like a Cartoon.

Don't Sidestep too much.
Also, don't push the Control Stick all the way down when Dtilt'ing.

You missed a great Stage Spike-opportunity at exactly 1:01.
The sound problem is caused by dazzle not giving you sound other than in the crappy program it comes with. So i was using a mic to record the sound.

I could work on the quality.

Also, i found about the dtilt thing, its helped me alot

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Albert L is soooooooooooo good. He's not a fake because he's friends with Chibo. Looool this isn't a joke because pros don't make jokes and Albert L isn't an over run joke by Vex.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
FINALLY got the video of me versus Peachkid up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omYsx_mixe4

Not exactly the zenith of Peachkid's skill, as I think he was caught off guard first match. He did tons better match 2. At some points I knew I had the game so towards the end I just got a little sloppy and aimed for the kill lol.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
FINALLY got the video of me versus Peachkid up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omYsx_mixe4

Not exactly the zenith of Peachkid's skill, as I think he was caught off guard first match. He did tons better match 2. At some points I knew I had the game so towards the end I just got a little sloppy and aimed for the kill lol.
Nice ******.
Very good spacing & baiting.

Though it would have been really sexy if you Ganoncided her
right away after that Uair at 1:32.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
You know, I actually have/had a harder time playing high tier peaches as opposed to top tier peaches like Dark Peach and Excel_Zero. When I played both of them at a tournament I beat both of them, but when I played other lesser know peaches I never win/won, especially on wifi :(

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
You know, I actually have/had a harder time playing high tier peaches as opposed to top tier peaches like Dark Peach and Excel_Zero. When I played both of them at a tournament I beat both of them, but when I played other lesser know peaches I never win/won, especially on wifi :(
In tournament, or friendlies?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Most peaches get cocky and don't camp against Ganon. Kinda like Peachkid in Verm's match.

Peach is one of my favorite matchups with Ganon if the peach approaches. They're sooooo easy to bait. Campy peaches are ******** to fight though... the only way to win that matchup is to do a bunch of stupid Ganon stuff that should never work.

Anyways, as far as Verm's match goes... I really don't see anything you can improve on, since Peachkid was making so many stupid mistakes. Each time he side B'd you, he let you take away 1/4 of his stock. And he did it like 5-6 times lol. He did some decent peach combos, but he really seemed to lack any advanced sense of how to play the game (at least in this match).

You said he did better the second match, but I'm guessing it was because it was a CP stage (plus you got some early kills first match).

Verdict: another peach senselessly slaughtered by a Ganon unhindered by veggies. They say "an apple a day keeps the doctor away"--well I say, "100 turnips a game makes Ganon really lame".

Or something like that.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Most peaches get cocky and don't camp against Ganon. Kinda like Peachkid in Verm's match.

Peach is one of my favorite matchups with Ganon if the peach approaches. They're sooooo easy to bait. Campy peaches are ******** to fight though... the only way to win that matchup is to do a bunch of stupid Ganon stuff that should never work.

Anyways, as far as Verm's match goes... I really don't see anything you can improve on, since Peachkid was making so many stupid mistakes. Each time he side B'd you, he let you take away 1/4 of his stock. And he did it like 5-6 times lol. He did some decent peach combos, but he really seemed to lack any advanced sense of how to play the game (at least in this match).

You said he did better the second match, but I'm guessing it was because it was a CP stage (plus you got some early kills first match).

Verdict: another peach senselessly slaughtered by a Ganon unhindered by veggies. They say "an apple a day keeps the doctor away"--well I say, "100 turnips a game makes Ganon really lame".

Or something like that.
Lo, thanks, DLA.

But no, Peachkid didn't CP any gay stages. He just went PS1. The first match I think he just got very nervous and flustered at my early kill and went aggressive. If you want to see how he played in the second match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSZfN97v3J4

Something like that. Peachkid is a really good Peach.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Alright, got some more ones from Mass Madness up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY36KZ3Ak78 - Verm vs. Yume
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81juVGzbqYg - Verm vs. Yume 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkmuu4zaiBw - Verm vs. Watkins

Wish I could've gotten that match of me versus Prawn. >_< It was so intense. I took him two stocks down by killing his Nana really early both times, but he grabbed me twice and took a stock each grab. I killed his Nana again stock 3 and was at high % (90 maybe). He was around 70. I Gerudo > iDA'd him, and finished him off by baiting an airdodge and UAiring.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Your two matches vs Yume were extremely impressive and were performed very well. I like how you baited his shield grabs with DownBs, but he shielded after the first couple times. Go for a few mix-ups if he's expecting that downB like fastfalled airdodge > buffered grab or footstooling of his shield.

That Flight of Ganon fair was mad sexy too.

I really liked the way you maneuvered around Delfino and punished/mindgamed with it. These are very really fun to watch matches that really show the Snake Match-up, SO EDUCATIONAL.

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
OP updated!

PLEASE, I BEG YOU!
CRITIQUE MY NEW VIDEOS! D;
I'm sick of repeating matches like those over and over again. ;-;
links in the OP.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Also, just to say, if anybody needs something recorded or wants better Quality I'm up for it, just post some. It would be sad if nobody could get critique'd / could get some vids up just cuase they're limited in recording them.. =/

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Also, just to say, if anybody needs something recorded or wants better Quality I'm up for it, just post some. It would be sad if nobody could get critique'd / could get some vids up just cuase they're limited in recording them.. =/
What would be the best method of sending you replays? Would you prefer to just trade Wii numbers, or could I just send you the replays with Mediafire?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Top Bottom