• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

@HomE

Smash Ace
I'm @HomE, feel free to call Me AtHomE for short, or Alex... I've been using Ganondorf for over a year, and I'm known best for my love of spiking. I play an aggresive, In-your-face style Ganondorf, In the air or on the ground is fine with me. I may come off as a ****, but on the inside im filled with stuffed animals. Other chars i play include DK, Falco, Ness, Snake, and Shiek/Zelda, but i only main Ganon.

Signature move: I will spike you

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I kind of like "fist of pain" for Fair. Short, simple, and descriptive. It's catchy too imo.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hey guys, I'm here to shameless plug me and Ampharos's project, finally released:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7742522

This isn't some petty spam; the Ganon board is the ONLY board I'm posting about this on. (Besides a mention on my Jiggs home)

Ganon probably got more attention than any other character in our project, and I could go on for hours about the design decisions made and the countless things tested. Some of you know this, because I personally sought some of your opinions about it. Now that it's out, I look forward to being able to hear from ALL of you!

I hope you guys can give it a shot, tell what you think, and have a blast! I can't lie, Ganon is sooooo much fun with tripping d-tilt!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
KALM, since you've updated the OP with stuff like the "Badass tier list", it'd be cool if you
added more random awesomeness, like naming all of Ganon's moves.

Half of 'em are already named perfectly.

We could go from move to move, with people suggesting different names, and then vote like in FD's Tag name thread.

B!squick

Smash Master
Hey guys, I'm here to shameless plug me and Ampharos's project, finally released:

This isn't some petty spam; the Ganon board is the ONLY board I'm posting about this on. (Besides a mention on my Jiggs home)

Ganon probably got more attention than any other character in our project, and I could go on for hours about the design decisions made and the countless things tested. Some of you know this, because I personally sought some of your opinions about it. Now that it's out, I look forward to being able to hear from ALL of you!

I hope you guys can give it a shot, tell what you think, and have a blast! I can't lie, Ganon is sooooo much fun with tripping d-tilt!
-No changes to physics
-No changes to character movement
-No changes to hitbox size
-Very few changes to timing (attack startup or ending)
-No changes to established rules
-No frozen stages

Yay! Something that is what I had hoped B+ would be!

*hugs creators*

EDIT:

The following infinites have been removed:
-All grab release chaingrabs and most follow ups
T_T

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
KALM, since you've updated the OP with stuff like the "Badass tier list", it'd be cool if you
added more random awesomeness, like naming all of Ganon's moves.

Half of 'em are already named perfectly.

We could go from move to move, with people suggesting different names, and then vote like in FD's Tag name thread.
Yeah I could do that. If you gather all the moves together in one place for me to copy and paste from <_<.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

That version of Ganon seems awesome.
I would probably be able to come up with stuff that made him banned if I got my hands on him, lol.

btw, What does 'Dtilt -> Dtilt' result in?

It'd be cool if Dtilt had locking capabilities on low %'s:
Gerudo -> Dtilt -> Dtilt -> Dtilt [Forced rising] + Fsmash (61% Training mode damage + 100% garanteed, lol)

B!squick

Smash Master
Well, with some of Bowser's more used attacks dealing more damage and DAir spiking, it does seem pretty cool, but it remains to be seen if it's worth the loss of his grab release game.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
That version of Ganon seems awesome.
I would probably be able to come up with stuff that made him banned if I got my hands on him, lol.

btw, What does 'Dtilt -> Dtilt' result in?

It'd be cool if Dtilt had locking capabilities on low %'s:
Gerudo -> Dtilt -> Dtilt -> Dtilt [Forced rising] + Fsmash (61% Training mode damage + 100% garanteed, lol)
Trust me, I've spent HOURS working on Ganon's d-tilt, so I'm very confident that there are no abuses. (Please feel free to prove me wrong!)

D-tilt is one frame short of trip-locking the opponent, for both Ganon and Falcon (who also trips with d-tilt, though it is only good for Raptor Boost for him). Falcon and Ganon can lock people down in 2v1 though, overlooking SDI.

D-tilt to side-B is guaranteed again all characters who do not roll forward, and always guaranteed on Bowser. If other characters roll forward, it is one frame too slow!

Side-B to d-tilt to followup (another side-B?) is rellay, really good. You can even appear to mind-read by seeing which way they DI the side-B, knowing that most people will roll the same way out of the trip! Try to finish the chain with a SH down-b (which grounds them) to a u-smash or f-smash. Sooooo good.

B!squick

Smash Master
D-tilt to side-B is guaranteed again all characters who do not roll forward, and always guaranteed on Bowser. If other characters roll forward, it is one frame too slow!
Shock. It seems if you ever want to know if anything is guaranteed, just test it on Bowser first and go from there. XD

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Bowser's f-roll starts a frame later than everyone else, so that's the cause.

Meta Knight's does too, but his characters model is so small that it always takes at least one extra frame to reach him with side-B, so it evens out.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Man, B+ is pretty cool. I want to try hacks myself and create my version of this game... just to see how it goes. Basically do things I think Sakurai did wrong. The goal wouldn't be to balance things per se, but to remove nonsensical relative properties, like the fact of Falcon having more landing lag on a connected aerial Raptor Boost than the non-connected one.

Stuff like that.

I feel so attracted to B+ - much more than Brawl+ - but the choice is still the same. Go play a possibly fun, thrilling game, or continue to shun scrubhood?

I'll give the creators credit though. They certainly know how to write to Ganon players' taste. "Thy unholy foot shall be stronger and murderous."
Yeah that'll do, mate. That'll do.

Oh, and I have my intro. It's probably too long, but dammit, I'm important. :p

Hi I'm PK-ow!, Ganon main since February '09. I've written one guide, to taunting as Ganondorf, and currently manage our boards' Techs and Skills list. I've been called the Poemdorf for my love of style and attention to words and impressions. In addition, I'm responsible for some of our "local lore" regarding Ganon's godhood and the apocalyptic ruination he will mete out to unbelievers forthwith (cf. the Badassness Tier List, apparently). While I am still developing my actual play technique, I consider my strength to be attention to detail, in not just "art," but matters of reasoning and theory, thanks to my Philosophy training.
I use Classic Ganon (Ocarina of Time), with a bit of Ganon Blue.​

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO

I give you and everyone esle involved huge props for actually doing this man. This is what I wanted B+ to be like.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Ever since I saw Jekyll punish me with a grounding down-B when I attacked out of a Ganon side-B, I was excited to see what Ganon players would be able to do with this.

PROTIP: U-tilt is now of legitimate use, it's hilarious.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ever since I saw Jekyll punish me with a grounding down-B when I attacked out of a Ganon side-B, I was excited to see what Ganon players would be able to do with this.

PROTIP: U-tilt is now of legitimate use, it's hilarious.
It's always been legit, just VERY situational.

Uptilting opponents with predictable recoveries right before they grab the ledge is amazing, when I get the timing better I'll use it more.

But now it's a lot MORE legitimately usable.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I would love to in a bit, after I answer some more questions and help people get it going.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ok, Here we go.

Naming/confirming the moves

First move: Jab

Current name: Thunder palm - Stay of rename?
I'd say STAY.

My suggestions:
  • Bouncer Push
  • Bouncer Palm
  • Thorax Compressor
  • Thorax Press
  • Train block(age) Palm, lulz
(What's it called when you push someone while playing Tag?
You know "Tag you're hit!") What's that physical move called?

(Everyone should feel free to suggest names.)

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Jab is "Palmstrike".

As in "BAM PALMSTRIKE, BOOM ELBOW, maybe now the HEADBUTT comes..."

@HomE

Smash Ace
I always yelled "FACE PALMED" when i get a kill with Jab

Getting kills with Ganon's jab is sooo hilarious

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I think this needs it's own thread.

We'll get distracted by something else or people won't realize that it's happening cause they don't check social too much.
You're probably right.
But I thought it'd be pretty awkward to make a thread about it. Isn't it?

Can someone come up with a smart "Excuse title" for such a thread?
PK-ow, you're good at this. (Or anyone)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You're probably right.

We don't need an excuse title, you know why, Because we're F***ing Bad***!

Seriously, awesome title right there, and Ganondorf is definately bad*** enough to pull it off.

stRIP

Smash Ace
Hi im stRIP. Im from Germany and my name is Gerhard. Im maining Bloodorf since 7 years. I prefer Melee considering to Brawl, but i love Smash anyway. Im 17 years old and my english sucks. A lot of people from Germany think im the best Ganondorf over there. Like FD said, i have a Flashy/Combo like playstyle and i love to space dtilts uairs and bairs. Im not posting that much in those Matchup and whatever threads because my English sux and dont want to blame me.

Signature Moves: Name Shift, Space Animal Pretaunt.

>>>>I would be thankful if any user with a better english than mine could fix grammatical fails or whatever<<<

@HomE

Smash Ace
Hi im stRIP. Im from Germany and my name is Gerhard. Im maining Bloodorf for 7 years. I prefer Melee over Brawl, but i love Smash anyway. Im 17 years old and my english sucks. A lot of people from Germany think im the best Ganondorf over here. Like FD said, i have a Flashy/Combo like playstyle and i love to space dtilts uairs and bairs. Im not posting that much in the Matchup and whatever threads because my English sux and dont want to blame me.

>>>>I would be thankful if any user with a better english than mine could fix grammatical fails or whatever<<<

stRIP believe it or not i dont post that much because my english is awful too :)

The difference is I've been speaking it for 22 years... hahaha

I made some corrections in bold, but again... i blow at english myself..

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Hi, I'm stRIP. I'm from Germany and my real name is Gerhard. I've been maining Bloodorf for seven years. I prefer Melee instead of Brawl, but I love Smash anyway. I'm 17 years old and my English is terrible. A lot of people from Germany think I'm the best Ganondorf over there. Like FD said, I have a Flashy/Combo-like play style and I love to space D-tilts, U-airs and B-airs. I choose not to post that much in Match-up discussions and similar threads due to my questionable English.

I cleaned it up a bit more.

Edit: For the sake of time, I chose not to bold the grammatical mistakes.

Breezy

Smash Ace
Hi im stRIP. Im from Germany and my name is Gerhard. I've been maining Bloodorf for7 years. I prefer Melee over Brawl, but i love Smash anyway. Im 17 years old and my english sucks. A lot of people from Germany think im the best Ganondorf over Here. Like FD said, i have a Flashy/Combo like playstyle and i love to space dtilts uairs and bairs. Im not posting that much in the Matchup and whatever threads because my English sux. and dont want to blame me.

>>>>I would be thankful if any user with a better english than mine could fix grammatical errors or whatever.<<<
Im not sure if that last one was supposed to be 1337 speak or not <.<

This is basically the same as home's corrections, but one or two small edits ^_^

*Edit* -.- I'm too slow.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
lol nice guys, I didn't know there were so many ganon mains that like to help out with grammar. I think I'll make my posts in another language. Is there anyone here that can correct my French???

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
You're probably right.

EHH!!! I'm kinda busy, dontcha know!

Gotta work on so many things right now, right?

I don't think using deadlines is the right way to go about this. Although we can see the bias in me saying that given what I just said before this. >_>

Jab needs to be a name that still makes people face palm the same way when they're killed by a basic jab, but is unimposing under normal circumstances (because it really doesn't stand out normally).

For some reason the idea of looking to Melee, with it's totally different Jab, occurs to me. Whether the wisdom would be to find a distinguishing trait, or commonality, I don't know.

. . .

god**** it I did that without even thinking. URGH! I take over a thread and now I feel I need a breather. *sigh*
Put this on hold, guys. I guess that's what I 'm saying. :urg: :p

(the forums need a rolleyes emoticon. so much.)

Oh, and I know French. Pretty well. I was strong on writing but didn't try too hard to retain my actual conversation skills. Plus every attempt of mine to get software on here to make foreign characters native in some way to my text generator have met with utter failure.

Breezy

Smash Ace
Ok, well I'm Breezy. I main Old Manondorf. I like long walks on the beach and watching the sunset on the distant horizon. I also like fire. Fires cool. It burns ****. I never really played Melee competetively, although I wish I would have. Too much fun. In my spare time I skateboard or chill with friends. I'm always down for friendlies over wifi, but I don't take it seriously at all. Unless there is absolutely no lag, which is never. Favorite thing to do with Ganon is Ganoncides. I'll go for 'em even if I'm down a stock. Style points > winning IMO (outside of tournies that is). I live in Minneapolis, MN and the weather here is bipolar. I'm half Mexican and half white. If I ever come off as a ****, call me out on it. I like to be sarcastic and sometimes accidentally take things too far. I'm real, and if you ever need someone to talk to, hit me up. I keep it G like that.

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
Um, I suppose I'll do an intro.

Howdeh there. I'm GotenOnNimbus, or GON, or Goten, or "Shut the hell up and go sit in the corner." I started maining Ganon maybe a few months after I got the game, realizing he was clearly the most awesome character, but mainly because my old roommate used to play Melee Ganon and hated the changes that came to him in Brawl, so I took it upon myself to out-awesome him with someone he thought was crap. I don't post often, when I do, I'll do my best to give some sort of advice, but I know my tournament and just regular fight experience is fairly low, I don't have many to play against aside from Lag-Fi. Otherwise, I post nonsense. I also main Ness and Lucas, and pseudo-main Jigglypuff, mainly for the irritation factor that I tend to bring with her.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Goten you should hang out moar in the CO thread bro. We ganon mains gotta stick together!

There are many reasons why I main ganondorf in both brawl in melee, but only one of them is worth maining him in Brawl. lol. I'll make a large-ish post about it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom