• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Why do we climb mountains? Because they're there.

Why do we mock rent-a-cops? Because they're there.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
AFAIK mocking things about the moderators play or post style is perfectly acceptable, but mocking the reasons why they got their positions or how they do their work is what's not allowed.

Why don't we just call Ganon's Down+B "The Bulldozer"?

stRIP

Smash Ace
AFAIK mocking things about the moderators play or post style is perfectly acceptable, but mocking the reasons why they got their positions or how they do their work is what's not allowed.

Why don't we just call Ganon's Down+B "The Bulldozer"?
Naaah, this sounds like the Wiztruck in B+ lol

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
"The Bulldozer"?
Well, the message is right, but it'd be nice to have "kick" or something similar in the name.

EDIT: Maybe something with "slide" in it?
Cause the word Slide/Sliding is awesome!

Forget about the word "KICK"

WAR SLIDE ?
WARLORD SLIDE ?
WARLOCK SLIDE ? <- (Like in Warlock punch)
DEMON SLIDE ? <- (I know he's not a demon; but still.)
DARK SLIDE ? <- (Dark Dive, you know.)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Why does it have to have kick in it's name? You could call it whatever you want as long as you make everyone else agree and use it along with you, lol.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Why does it have to have kick in it's name? You could call it whatever you want as long as you make everyone else agree and use it along with you, lol.
Yeah, you're right. I actually edited it already, even before I saw this post of yours :]

EDIT review: Forget about the word "KICK"

WAR SLIDE ?
WARLORD SLIDE ?
WARLOCK SLIDE ? <- (Like in Warlock punch)
DEMON SLIDE ? <- (I know he's not a demon; but still.)
DARK SLIDE ? <- (Dark Dive, you know.)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
How about, rather than slide, we use Lunge? Lunge is a sudden forward motion, which is what that is anyway.
Sure, that's coo'
But doesn't "Slide" sound way more awesome?

I didn't even know the word "Lunge", lul

WAR SLIDE / WARLOCK SLIDE
Vs
WAR LUNGE / WARLOCK LUNGE
?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Seriously, when I read Warlock Slide, it made me think of a dance move, to the point where immediately after the only thing I could think of was "The Warlock Shuffle." :\

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
- Haha, I can't ralate stuff like that since English isn't my first language.

Just come up with a name with WAR, WARLOCK, DARK or DEMON in it, and (I'll) happy :]

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
We need the word BULL. That's where Ram gets us.

Slide is close to something awesome.

• BULL FIRE
  • BULL CRUSH
  • Wrath of the Bull

URGH! It feels right on the tip of my tongue. Some kind of onomatopoeia with Ganondorf's grunt when he does the attack... but something meaning the pushing of the grass underfoot...

B!squick

Smash Master
Yeah, we have Red Bull, and with FoG it even gives Ganon wings! :D

I seriously like WARLOCK SLIDE. It can be part of the true combo The Warlock Shuffle. Warlock Slide -> Dark Dive -> Aerudo -> Warlock Pawnch.

B!squick

Smash Master
Nah, it's more of a slide. Falcon's is actually 'kick'-like while Ganon just sorta sticks his feet out and... well, slides. Could call it a glide. Murder/Warlock/whatever Glide?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Haha, Murder Slide actually has a good ring to it... but then we could always call it a Murder Kick.
Now you want the word "kick" in?
Hehe, JK, Phantom <3

Seriously though, "Murder kick" makes me think of his Usmash/Ftilt.
... But hell, I talk to much. You guys shouldn't listen(read) to what I say ^^

¤¤¤¤¤

According to Swoops'd guide, our throws doesn't have names.

Uthrow: ?
Dthrow: ?
Bthrow: ?
Fthrow: Nut Cracker ?
Pummeling: ?

I dunno

Breezy

Smash Ace
Uthrow: Murder Up Throw
Dthrow: Murder Down Throw
Bthrow: Murder Back Throw
Fthrow: Murder Forward Throw
Pummel: Knee of Murder

Yee?

:034:

Smash Hero
Fthrow: C-c-c-c-c-CROTCH BREAKER
Uthrow: Apollo 11
Dthrow: "Ganon's got a black belt in judo"-throw
Bthrow: Bthrow to spike..wait

EDIT: Just to get back on Magic, I'm too lucky with boosters. Everytime I go and buy some, I get a mythic rare/planeswalker. And I usually buy 2 or 3, so it's nothing crazy or anythin'. Just today I decided to buy 1 Lorwyn booster, which would be my only Lorwyn cards... And I get Jace Beleren, a planeswalker. It was... really weird. But I felt pretty lucky as well, hehe.

:034:

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Guys,

fthrow: **** PUNCH. You know this works. You will call it this in casual conversation. The only problem is it may not be PG-13.
.... ****.

dthrow: I tried using Wikipedia to get research, but of course, this sort of throw isn't real. Only Ganondorf can hurl an opponent into the dirt from a standing position.

To name this, we need to know what hits the ground. The face? The back? The front side?

The closest thing would, apparently, be a Facebuster. Honestly, I can accept the morpheme -buster; it's the mediocrity of face- that I don't think is brutal enough. What about Framebuster?

Oh, I got to go. But I'll also mention there's no need to name a grab attack ("pummel"). It never features in play in a nontrivial way. I mean, you would never actually hype it.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Fthrow: C-c-c-c-c-CROTCH BREAKER
^ I like this one. We should make it our official Fthrow-name.

The face? The back? The front side?
I think it looks like he doesn't care how they land; just like a Kid throwing his toy(s) on the floor
while shouting ("Stupid toy!")

Therefor, Dthrow:
Toy breaker
Toy toss
Bully throw
Down Toss
Careless throw
?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
^ I like this one. We should make it our official Fthrow-name.

I think it looks like he doesn't care how they land; just like a Kid throwing his toy(s) on the floor
while shouting ("Stupid toy!")

Therefor, Dthrow:
Toy breaker
Toy toss
Bully throw
Down Toss
Careless throw
?

... wow.

Toy breaker really resonates with me. Perhaps on the heels of the Hell Stryk combo vid, with that song where there's a line "Smash it and crash it and thrash it and trash it // They're only toys."

To Ganondorf, everything in the world is a figurine. A doll representing something to own, to use and discard at will. A toy.

****perfect.

Toy breaker. Use it and laugh.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
To Ganondorf, everything in the world is a figurine. A doll representing something to own, to use and discard at will. A toy.
Makes sense.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

btw, since Falcon has his KNEE OF JUSTICE it'd be fun if our knee (our pummel) had a similar name, but more the like opposite of JUSTICE (what's that btw?).

Any negative word should do.

Knee of ________ ?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Makes sense.

btw, since Falcon has his KNEE OF JUSTICE it'd be fun if our knee (our pummel) had a similar name, but more the like opposite of JUSTICE.

Knee of ________ ?
It's gotta be a more iconic move, I think murder stomp is the best candidate for opposing Falcon's knee (though, I'd hate to get rid of sliq's nickname for it).

weinner

Smash Apprentice
btw, since Falcon has his KNEE OF JUSTICE it'd be fun if our knee (our pummel) had a similar name, but more the like opposite of JUSTICE (what's that btw?).

Any negative word should do.

Knee of ________ ?
Knee of INjustice

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Guys, I feel like we should have a "Members Introduction" sub topic in the opening page. I don't feel like writing a introduction for each-and-every Ganon board member, so do me a favor and write one for yourselves, I'll just copy and paste it and add it to the opening page (remember to put down which color you use).

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Yeah, there's always INjustice, but I was thinking we should reverse the syntactic form of the term, too.
That is, instead of saying X of Y, we say Y's X. For that, we need a shorter word than Injustice.

• Antonyms: Corruption, Evil, Sin, Inequity, Dishonor, Vice
  • Synonyms (of Injustice): Grievance, Villainy, Iniquity

But none of these are practical, as the connection to Justice has to be made by anyone.

ALTERNATELY, we could play up a duality with Justice. That is, use a word that is within the same meaning as justice, but tweaks one of its essential features. Makes it not the opposite, but the "complement" in some sense.

That is, I was specifically thinking of vengeance. As Thesaurus.com points out (oh no! I've revealed my secret!), "Revenge is personal and Justice is societal." The character of someone like Ganondorf is such as believes that injustice is not what's unfair, but what harms the individual himself. The corrupt mind see these things as unforgivable and metes out punishment. The crime is not any universal misdoing, but simply being there and making "my life difficult, you wretched, revile creature." It's not necessarily mental imbalance (okay sociologists have to say it is), but, for someone who denies all moral systems, it's just looking out for number one.

Thus, Vengeance.

It would be interesting if the name went to an attack that we do on defense. I was thinking of Nair. Then we could say "Kicks of Vengeance" or "Vengeance's Kicks".

Or, it could go to Uair, since we can fudge that into being one kick. "Legs of Injustice". Although Vulture Kick is pretty stylin'.
Oh wait, we can't do that. We have to make it a move not cloned from Falcon.

*~*~*~

We cannot remove Murder from any of the attacks it works for. Murder is too good for Ganon. Murder Stomp, Murder Punch, Murder Choke (greatest one ever; Flame Choke DNE, guys) .... Murder Kick I believe will go to Usmash.... don't touch those.

The only issue is that I can imagine our Fair being called... ready... "Fist of Vengeance". But Skull Crush Punch is something I've enjoyed saying before. Especially when I get the sweetspot on Snake.

Similarly, I think Shin Breaker for our dtilt is perfectly good.... unless bthrow can count as that. I'm still looking up wrestling throws. Moves where you throw people behind you usually involve going over your head, so recombining a name for flinging him over your side could be fun.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Well, my name is Noobicidal; feel free to address me as Noob or Stephen. Though I use the Dark Lord, I am and forever shall be a Jigglypuff main at heart, and this is reflected in my play style. I prefer to reside in the air and play on the ledge more so than most Ganons. I'm pretty easy going, but if you make a mistake or say something glaringly stupid, I'll certainly point that out.

Signature Move - Bair stagespike to failed recovery.

Edit: "Yourselves", not "Yourselfs".

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Yeah, The name "Skull Crush Punch" is too good.

Also "Shin Breaker" is the perfect name for Dtilt.
If it didn't already have a name, I'd suggest:
"Kneecap Shatterer", or just "Kneecapper"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom