• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superspright

Smash Lord
I'm a totally ******** Ganon. I just love to do SHADs and run around a lot. I also love to just walk away from my opponent and stand there waiting for them to do something. Sometimes, I won't even react. I'll PS and walk away again.

I just try to play absolutely unpredictable with Ganon. Nothing I do makes sense. I try to do lots of random things as possible [but safely as well]. It makes my opponent have to guess many possible options rather than the normal two or three that Ganon always uses.

Before I hit someone with any lethal move I say "bang" or "boom".

If I really destroy someone [on wifi] I just tell them I put my controller down and let Ganon wreck them.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'm a totally ******** Ganon. I just love to do SHADs and run around a lot. I also love to just walk away from my opponent and stand there waiting for them to do something. Sometimes, I won't even react. I'll PS and walk away again.
It's kinda funny how those kinds of actions makes the opponent leave himself open for an attack.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Guys, tell me how you land F-tilt.

It's one of Ganon's best KO moves if you can land it fresh, but it has horrible reach because Ganon leans back a lot on it....so aside from interrupting predicted short hop approaches from someone with horrible range like Ness...how are you supposed to land this move?

Flame Choke F-tilt is amazing, but REALLY hard to buffer...otherwise the best I can manage is airdodge baiting into it.
Wait for your opponents to use Mach Tornado, then Ftilt 'em.

Or... Fullhop Fair like 2 times and let your opponent observe how you suffer from the huge lag.
Then Fullhop -> DJ+Fair (autocancel) -> Ftilt.
If your opponent is really stupid, he/she will fall for it.

----------
@TP: I can't help but to think about "Trivial pursuit" everytime I see your avatar.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
For me, the best Sparta Kick would be on wifi, where you'd break their shield when they're at lethal percents, then have the line in your taunt and then proceeed with the kick to take his final stock.

Each to their own obivously.

Superspright

Smash Lord
No. You just say it wrong there then. lol.

That's like when people say irregardless. Or, anyways. Both aren't words--and when people say, "I could care less" they mean "I couldn't care less."

A lot of people *******ize proverbs and cliches because they either hear them wrong, or interpret them wrong--or just have a terrible grasp of comprehension.

If I ever pop a shield I always pop the sword to warlock punch.

Superspright

Smash Lord
If the person happens to be near me and not on wifi I get the added bonus of saying "Bang." or "b-b-b-bang!" before it goes off and wrecks their face.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
No. You just say it wrong there then. lol.

That's like when people say irregardless. Or, anyways. Both aren't words--and when people say, "I could care less" they mean "I couldn't care less."

A lot of people *******ize proverbs and cliches because they either hear them wrong, or interpret them wrong--or just have a terrible grasp of comprehension.

"I could care less." That means that you don't like something, but there's more room for hate. That's how I use it anyway. Hehe. So no, I mean what I say when I say that (And I say what I mean...).

:034:

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Be careful on Pokemon Stadium, though!

Don't let the stage transformation revive your opponent.

And it can do so when it seems like it can't, 'cause PS is ghey. In fact, I don't even risk the WP sometimes; I charge an Fsmash.

I'm getting to the point, though, where I can FoG to B-reversed Warlock Punch, that lands in the air.

Then I ultimately taunt by doing nothing for the next 3 seconds.

Superspright

Smash Lord
"I could care less." That means that you don't like something, but there's more room for hate. That's how I use it anyway. Hehe. So no, I mean what I say when I say that (And I say what I mean...).

Yeah, but the point of the saying is that you COULDN'T care less. It sounds awkward and bumbling to say I could care less--okay, that's nice. But it just sounds like an idiot who doesn't know how the saying goes.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Yeah, but the point of the saying is that you COULDN'T care less. It sounds awkward and bumbling to say I could care less--okay, that's nice. But it just sounds like an idiot who doesn't know how the saying goes.
Good point. I think rather than taking English classes throughout our entire school career that talk about grammar and poetry and whatnot, we should have a few years to learn various expressions that are found in our language. That would be a fun class. At least, relative to what most English classes are like.

Superspright

Smash Lord
If they merely concentrated on comma rules, when to use contractions and the other intricacies of the language--we may sound far more eloquent. We'd be the brits, instead of the brits!

When people say irregardless--please make sure to cringe and tell them it's a redundancy, or a double negative--or just tell them the truth: it's not a ****ing word.

Superspright

Smash Lord
of is the indicative of be...so...all of a sudden seems to be to mean the most sudden thing--to happen so quickly as to be overwhelmed--it is the purest essence of suddenness.

Like, you never hear..."All of a sudden I was over there" and assume there was a series of discrete steps in between there. You just kind of imagine them teleporting there.

It just sounds weird really. I don't really like to use sayings--most no longer are correct, or their usage has changed with people's interpretation. Paying through the nose for instance used to be quite literal. If you didn't pay the vikings when they invaded you they would slit your nostrils--hence paying through the nose.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I've destroyed relationships due to my incessant attention to detail; namely grammatical errors. I'm a Grammar Nazi and proud.

Superspright

Smash Lord
I destroy relationships based on my extensive knowledge of evolution, and biology. Which isn't even that extensive, but people can't cope with the fact they didn't come from a spare rib. They came from stars more distantly--or more recently from a common ancestor.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I destroy relationships based on my extensive knowledge of evolution, and biology. Which isn't even that extensive, but people can't cope with the fact they didn't come from a spare rib. They came from stars more distantly--or more recently from a common ancestor.
Sweet irony. Sweet, sweet irony.
Haha, I agree. One of my greatest friends has become a stronger friend because of my belief that we were created in the way that the Bible describes.

"To each his own."

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Perhaps it's best to leave religion and science out of the discussion lol.

It's also highlly unlikely that any of us on these boards, particularly considering the general age-bracket is only 17-24, are qualified to speak as if what we say is fact anyway lol.

The Smash equivalent would be a noob who doesn't have any competitve experience whatsoever coming out and saying Gdorf is better than alot of chars.

Superspright, I'd be happy to debate our views, but not here obviosuly, and I'm guessing your North American which would make the time-difference a problem, although I'm up at pretty odd hours anyway.

On an unrelated note, do most of you guys actually take your Gdorf to tourneys? I'm just curious realistically how high a top-level Gdorf can place.

Superspright

Smash Lord
So you believe the earth is 6,000 years old--younger still than the domestication of dogs, or of fossils, or of everything else in the universe that demonstrates quite reliably that it is older than 6,000 years old? I feel like you may be yanking my chain here.

I mean, if you really believe in that...you're a **** idiot. I won't be kind about it, but I am glad that it makes your friendship closer. When ignorance is shared as a community it can be a quite powerful bonding force. Collective stupidity I suppose.

--

I don't need to be older than 24 years old to know theology is b.s.

I can discuss it up and down until my head explodes. But, I don't want to. It is boring.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
So you believe the earth is 6,000 years old--younger still than the domestication of dogs, or of fossils, or of everything else in the universe that demonstrates quite reliably that it is older than 6,000 years old? I feel like you may be yanking my chain here.

I mean, if you really believe in that...you're a **** idiot. I won't be kind about it, but I am glad that it makes your friendship closer. When ignorance is shared as a community it can be a quite powerful bonding force. Collective stupidity I suppose.

--

I don't need to be older than 24 years old to know theology is b.s.

I can discuss it up and down until my head explodes. But, I don't want to. It is boring.
I can too, but as you said, it's tiresome.

Yes, I believe that. "To each his own." While I would love to share my faith, the internet is no place for it. I'm just going to say that arguing will get nothing accomplished. Neither of us will convince the other of anything. Even if you are right, what does it matter? We'll die and that'll be it. So if you are right, it doesn't matter what we do in life, and you should just stop arguing now because it will have no effect. You know?

Not to mention you can never know for sure what has happened in the past unless you have eye-witnesses. So either of us could be right.

tl;dr The internet isn't the place to argue this stuff, so I'm not going to. I'll respect your views whether or not you respect mine.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Actually, I've looked into religion abit, and personally I found it to be illogical. My belief in God is purely philosophical., and based off the fact I think it's impossible that the world could have been conceived without an eternal metaphysical being above physical principles etc. My theory is obviously much deeper than that, but this is not the palce to go into depth.

You shouldn't think religious people are stupid though, some of the greatest minds were theologians, and it takes a brilliant argument to disprove a theologian, an athiest off the street hwo hasn't really studied the issue would get destroyed in a debate with them, but I'm unaware of your knwoledge so I'm not just gonna assume you're one of them.

I'm not sure about macroevolution, but what I do know it's not a definite fact, it's a strong theory, but still has many possible weaknesses that the general public aren't really aware of or care about.

This is not the place for a debate, but I will say this, whether God exists or not can't be proven by science, it's a philosophical issue. Even if macroevolution did happen, that's not the full answer, because evolution doesn't account for how the original conditions for it to exist came about, eg, time, motion, energy, matter, laws of physics, senses/perception etc. Atheist philosophers know this, and will try to explain this phenomena.

But yeah we shou;dn't really debate here, I'm just letting you know I'm not just someone who blindly follows a belief becuase I was raised that way, alot of thought and study has gone into my thinking, although it'd be foolish for me to claim that of all the people in the world, I have the ansers to all the big questions.

If you still want to have an intellectual discussion for it, let me know, this is not the place for it. This is the Ganondorf boards, Gdorf didn't give a crap about the Gods, he wanted to abuse the power they had to rule the world lol.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Actually, I've looked into religion abit, and personally I found it to be illogical. My belief in God is purely philosophical., and based off the fact I think it's impossible that the world could have been conceived without an eternal metaphysical being above physical principles etc. My theory is obviously much deeper than that, but this is not the palce to go into depth.

You shouldn't think religious people are stupid though, some of the greatest minds were theologians, and it takes a brilliant argument to disprove a theologian, an athiest off the street hwo hasn't really studied the issue would get destroyed in a debate with them, but I'm unaware of your knwoledge so I'm not just gonna assume you're one of them.

I'm not sure about macroevolution, but what I do know it's not a definite fact, it's a strong theory, but still has many possible weaknesses that the general public aren't really aware of or care about.

This is not the place for a debate, but I will say this, whether God exists or not can't be proven by science, it's a philosophical issue. Even if macroevolution did happen, that's not the full answer, because evolution doesn't account for how the original conditions for it to exist came about, eg, time, motion, energy, matter, laws of physics, senses/perception etc. Atheist philosophers know this, and will try to explain this phenomena.

But yeah we shou;dn't really debate here, I'm just letting you know I'm not just someone who blindly follows a belief becuase I was raised that way, alot of thought and study has gone into my thinking, although it'd be foolish for me to claim that of all the people in the world, I have the ansers to all the big questions.

If you still want to have an intellectual discussion for it, let me know, this is not the place for it. This is the Ganondorf boards, Gdorf didn't give a crap about the Gods, he wanted to abuse the power they had to rule the world lol.
Your comment is so full of win. From the greatest minds (Newton, Galileo, etc) to the not blindly believing (ditto on that), you know what you're talking about. At least compared to the common man.

Back to Ganon. Ganon is a pretty cool guy. eh gets stabbed and kills sages and conquers sacred worlds and doesn't afraid of anything.

Speaking of which, I love Ganon's execution scene in TP. I think I've said that before. But it's just so amazing. It summarizes Ganon rather effectively.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Thanks man, I'm just going into my second year of a Bachelor of Philosophy. That doesn't make me think I know more and am more authorative than anyone else on philosophical issues, if anything, it's made me realise how little I know and that I have no right to preach as if what I say is fact.

(Spoilers)
What dissappointed me about the execution scene was that he was being restrained by just simple metal shackles. Ganondorf seems like he'd be able to escape those easily (even though he did later), I just thought it'd be more fitting to have some from of white 'magic' bars restraining him. But of course I still think it's one of the greatest video game cutscenes ever.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Hm. As far as knowledge goes, I know what you mean. It almost becomes depressing as you increase your knowledge because you realize how futile your efforts can be. Granted, you can also realize how much potential there is which may give you hope. Either way, knowledge is definitely a double-edged blade.

I didn't think of that before. Now that you mention it, you would think that Ganon would have snapped those shingles like old dry rope. I guess it would make sense that the chains were blessed, seeing as that courtyard was for Hyrule's worst, but I prefer not to make excuses for the game developers. But as you said, that doesn't hinder it's greatness.

TP

Smash Master
The Ganon Board: We've taken to discussing the existence of God and the meaning of life, because we are much more likely to end those arguments than actually succeed with Ganon.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I've destroyed relationships due to my incessant attention to detail; namely grammatical errors. I'm a Grammar Nazi and proud.
FYI, you used the semicolon improperly; semicolons are used to separate two independent clauses. :lick:

Haha, since this is a general and social thread, I think religious views are fair game. For starters, I have to point out that the EXISTENCE of God is purely a scientific issue, not a philosophical issue. Existence is a scientific idea, since it deals with absolutes. Either it physically exists or it doesn't. Most top scientists (about 90%) agree that he doesn't. However, if you believe that he does exist, then you can philosophically discuss his nature, which becomes a philosophical issue.

Also, a lot of people fail to differentiate between "evolution" and "the current theory of evolution." Evolution itself is an observable fact, just like how a circle is round and Ganondorf is manly. And this scientific fact alone, in addition to innumerable amounts of other scientific data, disproves most silly creation stories that religions come up with. However, it's our current theory of evolution that has some gaps and inconsistencies. This doesn't mean that evolution has gaps and inconsistencies, it just means that our theory on how evolution took place is missing some data.

Even if you are right, what does it matter? We'll die and that'll be it. So if you are right, it doesn't matter what we do in life, and you should just stop arguing now because it will have no effect. You know?

Not to mention you can never know for sure what has happened in the past unless you have eye-witnesses. So either of us could be right.

Most atheists believe that we ourselves give meaning to our own lives. Just because we don't believe that there's a deity who gives us purpose, doesn't mean that we can't find purpose elsewhere.

And I'm sorry but it's very naive to believe that scientists need eye-witnesses to form accurate scientific data, because that's something that just isn't true. Just because you don't know anything about the tests they run to form scientific conclusions about the past doesn't mean that these tests aren't valid. It just means that you're being ignorant, because if these tests weren't reliable, they wouldn't be running them.

Perhaps it's best to leave religion and science out of the discussion lol.

It's also highlly unlikely that any of us on these boards, particularly considering the general age-bracket is only 17-24, are qualified to speak as if what we say is fact anyway lol.

The Smash equivalent would be a noob who doesn't have any competitve experience whatsoever coming out and saying Gdorf is better than alot of chars.

Superspright, I'd be happy to debate our views, but not here obviosuly, and I'm guessing your North American which would make the time-difference a problem, although I'm up at pretty odd hours anyway.

On an unrelated note, do most of you guys actually take your Gdorf to tourneys? I'm just curious realistically how high a top-level Gdorf can place.
I find that it's the 17-24 year old atheists who have the most knowledge at their disposal in religious debates - more so than most older atheists. It's probably because the older atheists are usually too tired from arguing about their beliefs to give a crap anymore. In fact, most atheists I know are more knowledgeable about Christianity than most Christians. It's probably because most atheists are confounded and flabbergasted by the sheer amount of theists in the world (about 90% of the U.S.), and they have an itching desire to know why so many people hold the belief.

And finally: Yes Dre I main Ganondorf in tournaments. I'm actually the 9th ranked player in Illinois, and I believe I'm the only Ganon main who is in the top 10 in any state. I usually place in the top 10 in most tournaments I go to; I got 7th out of 27 in the last tournament I went to, and my best is 5th out of 36 or something like that. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure that I'm the best-placing Ganon main in the country. Not trying to brag or anything, it's just cool to think about :psycho:

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
PX, make them stop please.

Seriously. Please.

Although it did allow TP's witticism to come forth, so points there. :rolleyes:

. . .

:ganondorf:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
DLA I do just want to say a few things then we can leave it.

Science deals with 'physical' existences. God, if he exists is not a physical existence. Secondly, science doesn't account for how the conditions for things such as evolution came to be such, such as time, matter, motion, energy, physics, perception, senses etc. It's up to athiest philosophers to explain that pehnomena without the presence of.

Sceince doesn't disprove God, it can be argued it disproves religion, but not God. Infact, certain deists actually use evolution as part of their theory- that God was the first cause who set macroevolution in motion. Science is the 'how' things are, religion/philosophy is the 'why' things are, and when you're saying evollution, you're saying 'how', but you're not saying why, when you say no God, then you're saying why.

With regards to the age thing, unfortunately that isn't true. I don't mean to sound elitist, but a 24 year old is too young to have completed post-graduate study on these issues, meaning it's highly unlikey they have an indepth understanding of all the prominent philosophers and arguments.

What you get from us young people, particularly thsoe who haven't studied it, is that they use simple man-off-street arguments, and they don't realise they've been thought of thosuands of times before, and have been easily refuted, athiest lecturers would fail people who use those athiest arguments, and the same goes for theologians etc.. The 'metagame' is beyond that now if you know what I mean. It's the equivalent of a Smash noob with no competitve experience saying Ganondorf is mid-tier, he just doesn't have the knowledge to make an accurate claim.

Sorry to everyone who had to put up with this, I'm done now, unless I get a provocative response which I'm within my right to defend myself against lol.

TP

Smash Master
And finally: Yes Dre I main Ganondorf in tournaments. I'm actually the 9th ranked player in Illinois, and I believe I'm the only Ganon main who is in the top 10 in any state. I usually place in the top 10 in most tournaments I go to; I got 7th out of 27 in the last tournament I went to, and my best is 5th out of 36 or something like that. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure that I'm the best-placing Ganon main in the country. Not trying to brag or anything, it's just cool to think about :psycho:
Ha, my 4th of 47 still reigns supreme, although you are more consistent than I am. However, I've got my sources (people who have played both of us IRL) that say I'm a tougher opponent than you. And if THAT'S not proof, I don't know what is! jkjkjkjkjkjkjk :laugh::laugh::laugh:

BTW, I completely agree with the rest of your post.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Haha, since this is a general and social thread, I think religious views are fair game. For starters, I have to point out that the EXISTENCE of God is purely a scientific issue, not a philosophical issue.

Yes religious/non-religious views are probably fine here, but what's not ok is when people start insulting other people's beliefs, as if it's so obvious as to what the actual truth is, because anyone who thinks they can disporve a claim in three lines clearly has no idea of the magnitude of research and knowledge this topic requires.

And secondly, existence is a philosophical idea. The idea of existence is in ontology and metaphysics (and probabvly other fields too), which are philosophical fields, and came well before science. Science only deals with how existences work, not what it is to exist, is existence real, or why there is existences.

K now I'm done lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom