• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ganon's making Lucario his b**** in that photo.

in terms of Pokemon, you're doing it wrong. Wobbuffet is the Pokemon to be. I know all about his place in the competitive game, but in a 1 vs. 1 battle, Wobbufett is the most worthless pokemon in the game. Even worse then Farfetch'd. Wobbuffet has literally zero offense, so any other pokemon can set up on Wobbuffet's fact and Wobbuffet can just taunt them and make life as frustrating as possible. And any time the other Pokemon doesn't finish off Wobbufett fast enough, Wobbuffet completely rips them apart and destroys them, but enough pokemon can just set up and finish off Wobbuffet that Wobbuffet is worthless in 1 vs. 1 battles. Plus Wobbuffet's tail has eyes, and nobody wants to know why, just like why Ganon doesn't actually use his sword in battle.

There's a lot of reasons why Ganondorf is a lot like Wobbuffet. Like Wobbuffet, Ganondorf shines in teams, where he can support his mate and his mate can do the same. Both are essentially worthless in 1 vs. 1 battles because they're incapable of mounting an offensive without getting hit for a tonload of damage first. Oh, and if that tonload of damage doesn't kill Ganondorf, Ganon can retaliate and strike back for twice the damage in the same time frame. Both are way too slow, but their taunts are awesome. To end with a final point, they can't recover.

Wobbuffet is too good.
Actually, I'm gonna disagree.

Wobbuffet actually loses out in teams, cause that means more of a chance of a pokemon that can set up against him and also means your opponent can choose not to direct damage at you.

He excels in trapping in 1v1, just ripping pokemon apart that can't get through his defenses and so he counters or mirror coats them into oblivion.

Man, TP, that is a crappy reason to justify use of Nidoking. Lemme break it down.

Do you see that ****? Purple fire all over the place because he just punched you in the face, and I think we all know fire isn't purple. Therefore we must conclude that is a type of superfire, so basically being hit by Ganondorf is about the same thing as having fifty buildings made out of tanks fall on top of you. Also, these tank-buildings are on fire.

Now let's check out Nidoking.

He's purple. He has KING in his name. Nidoking, ladies and gentlemen, you are about to be mauled on by the biggest piece of purple loyalty you have ever seen. Also, do you know his types? He's poison, sure, sure, that's pretty cool, but he's also GROUND-type. And what makes this so awesome is that ground-types are completely invulnerable to lightning.

That's right. This mother****er could be hit by lightning - and it would not do a thing. When it storms, Nidoking hides under a tree because he doesn't give a **** if he's hit by lightning.

Does this remind you of anything? It should, it's called "23% of concentrated beard lightning stomping in your face".

With this information I can only pull one conclusion: the only thing that can match up to the awesomeness of Ganondorf is Nidoking himself, because they're just really alike. Also, they're about as cool as say... riding a dolphin. Now that may not sound so appealing to some but you should know that this dolphin goes around the universe in a single jump and is 500 feet tall.

Any questions?

:034:
Can you have my babies?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Do you think that Ganon is bad enough a character to drop down to G Tier? Does Ganon truly deserve his own tier? Is Ganon worthy enough of being an F Tier Character? I want to hear this community's opinion, and I'm gonna make this into a poll.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Actually, I'm gonna disagree.

Wobbuffet actually loses out in teams, cause that means more of a chance of a pokemon that can set up against him and also means your opponent can choose not to direct damage at you.

He excels in trapping in 1v1, just ripping pokemon apart that can't get through his defenses and so he counters or mirror coats them into oblivion.
I forgot that 2 v 2 pokemon matches existed. I meant to say that Wobbuffet fails in 'solely' 1 v 1 matches, as in 1 Pokemon 'teams', as many pokemon can just set up on Wobbuffet and Wobbuffet can't do anything to prevent the eveuntual OHKO (and if you know you're going up against a Wobbuffet you aren't going to use a lock-prone pokemon to take him 1 on 1) It excels on an actual team, where it can either trap choice-locked pokemon and beat them out with counter/mirror coat, or it can turn the opposing pokemon into mere set-up fodder for another Pokemon to ravage the other team.

Also, Wobbufett doesn't have defenses, he has a truckload of HP, which we can say for Ganon assuming proper DI and no early gimps.

*EDIT: As long as Captain Falcon exists in F-tier, there is no reason that Ganon can't be there too.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
As long as Captain Falcon exists in F-tier, there is no reason that Ganon can't be there too.
I don't understand what sucks more than not being able to attack out of shield. Ganondorf is the only character who I could think of who is optionless after a attack on his shield all around. Falcon has his jab, utilt, dash attack, grab, Uair, Bair, and possibly his up + b. Obviously, not all of those attacks would work OoS, but all those same moves DO have a better chance of working OoS more with Falcon than Ganon. And that is a fact.

(I don't know how this started from a poll to a Falcon Vs. Ganon debate, you could blame me. <_<)

Clai

Smash Lord
I don't understand what sucks more than not being able to attack out of shield. Ganondorf is the only character who I could think of who is optionless after a attack on his shield all around. Falcon has his jab, utilt, dash attack, grab, Uair, Bair, and possibly his up + b. Obviously, not all of those attacks would work OoS, but all those same moves DO have a better chance of working OoS more with Falcon than Ganon. And that is a fact.

(I don't know how this started from a poll to a Falcon Vs. Ganon debate, you could blame me. <_<)
The point that I was bringing up is that both Falcon and Ganon are so bad that niether character can be relegated to an entire tier by himself. If anything, we can make a G tier and have both Falcon and Ganon in it, because Link, Samus, and Jigglypuff are so much better than them (Screw the current tier list, Link is miles above Craptain Failcon).

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
The point that I was bringing up is that both Falcon and Ganon are so bad that niether character can be relegated to an entire tier by himself. If anything, we can make a G tier and have both Falcon and Ganon in it, because Link, Samus, and Jigglypuff are so much better than them (Screw the current tier list, Link is miles above Craptain Failcon).
Oh, I see, my bad then. So, I'll take your answer to the poll question as a yes.

Clai

Smash Lord
Oh, I see, my bad then. So then, I'll take your answer as a yes.
Technically, it's a no if you want Ganon to be on the G tier by himself. If you're simply asking if we can add another tier to the bottom and put Ganon in it, I say yes, as long as Falcon's in that tier too. I mean, why not have it? We don't even have to say it's the worst tier, we can just call it "the unbelievably manly tier," and when someone asks why that tier is the fail tier, we can just tell them that the Nintendo staff had to make them the worst characters in the game so that Wii's wouldn't explode with the levels of manliness an average match involving those characters contains.

TP

Smash Master
Please make the poll a bit clearer. I couldn't understand what Clai's Yes was until I read his post. It was either a Yes for Ganon being good enough or a Yes for Ganon derserving his own tier.

Anyway, I think Ganon does NOT deserve his own tier. Yeah, he sucks, but he's not by himself.

BTW, you can't find an OOS game that is worse than Yoshi's, seeing as he can't jump OOS, putting him 7 frames behind in anti-air OOS stuff.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I forgot that 2 v 2 pokemon matches existed. I meant to say that Wobbuffet fails in 'solely' 1 v 1 matches, as in 1 Pokemon 'teams', as many pokemon can just set up on Wobbuffet and Wobbuffet can't do anything to prevent the eveuntual OHKO (and if you know you're going up against a Wobbuffet you aren't going to use a lock-prone pokemon to take him 1 on 1) It excels on an actual team, where it can either trap choice-locked pokemon and beat them out with counter/mirror coat, or it can turn the opposing pokemon into mere set-up fodder for another Pokemon to ravage the other team.

Also, Wobbufett doesn't have defenses, he has a truckload of HP, which we can say for Ganon assuming proper DI and no early gimps.

*EDIT: As long as Captain Falcon exists in F-tier, there is no reason that Ganon can't be there too.
Ok, I see what you're talking about now.

And yea, that's what I meant, I was talking about "defense" in the general sense, as in ability to take hits.

If only he had taunt...

Clai

Smash Lord
Wow I just realized that there are only 4 characters in F tier. Is there a reason we can't just move Jigglypuff and Link up to E tier and just leave the other two in F-tier? It would accomplish the same purpose- that Falcon and Ganon have his own tier of suck.

Yeah, Kalm, you need to reword your question better. I barely understand it as it is.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Waitwaitwaitwaitwait. You're all forgetting something. Wobbuffet is banned in Competitive Pokemon for being too **** overpowered. Not because of trapping, countering, and having high HP, but because recently, he acquired the ability to make opponents repeat their last move over and over again. That's right, when using Wobbuffet, the opponent is ultimately predictable, and as such, gets *****.

In other words, there's no reason for us to compare Ganondorf and Wobbuffet. One is overpowered as all ****, one isn't.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I don't feel like making a flowery answer, so bear with me. Ganon sucks, but not enough to be placed in his OWN tier.

:031:

Clai

Smash Lord
Waitwaitwaitwaitwait. You're all forgetting something. Wobbuffet is banned in Competitive Pokemon for being too **** overpowered. Not because of trapping, countering, and having high HP, but because recently, he acquired the ability to make opponents repeat their last move over and over again. That's right, when using Wobbuffet, the opponent is ultimately predictable, and as such, gets *****.

In other words, there's no reason for us to compare Ganondorf and Wobbuffet. One is overpowered as all ****, one isn't.

Actually, the reason the Wobbuffet was banned is that his ability made any sort of switching impossible, which devastated any pokemon that was locked into an attack since Wobbuffet could just counter/mirror coat for the KO, and he could use Encore to make your opponents, as you are probably thinking, use the save move over and over again, which could allow another pokemon on your team to switch in, set up, and make it GG.

I'm talking about Wobuffet fighting other pokemon by itself in a 1 v 1 battle, making the ability to prevent your opponent from switching completely useless since the other player can't switch his/her Pokemon in the first place. As a support Pokemon, though, Wobbuffet *****, but then again, as long as you have someone to take care of your counters, Ganondorf is pretty **** also.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Do you think that Ganon is bad enough a character to drop down to G Tier? Does Ganon truly deserve his own tier? Is Ganon worthy enough of being an F Tier Character? I want to hear this community's opinion, and I'm gonna make this into a poll.
Kalm, there you go again being all cynical....

Clai

Smash Lord
Kalm, there you go again being all cynical....
Considering that Ganon isn't going up the tier list any time soon, whether it be due to his abilites, the metagame of other characters progressing fiaster than ours, tournament placings, etc, having him in a separate "Man tier" with the other manliest character in the game would probably be the greatest thing to happen to Ganon.

I'm dead serious.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Considering that Ganon isn't going up the tier list any time soon, whether it be due to his abilites, the metagame of other characters progressing fiaster than ours, tournament placings, etc, having him in a separate "Man tier" with the other manliest character in the game would probably be the greatest thing to happen to Ganon.

I'm dead serious.
D:

Not you too...:(:urg:

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
It doesn't change what kind of character he is, just his title in smash. It's just semantics. Might as well liken ourselves with the only other manly character in the game and make ourselves seem cooler than Link and Jiggs.

So yeah, let's get this Man Tier. Forget G Tier, it'll be the M tier. They're so bad, and so manly, that they broke the laws of tiers and skipped 6 letters.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Y'know, we could just play Melee. Both Ganon and Puff are viable in that game.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
My Ganon in Brawl is faster than my Ganon in Melee. I'm that bad at that other game.

Besides, who uses Jigglypuff and dares call himself manly? That's just disgraceful.
My post had nothing to do with "manliness". I just simply stated that we should play melee.

Side note, I end my posts with NidoQUEEN, so I could care less about being "manly".

Clai

Smash Lord
My post had nothing to do with "manliness". I just simply stated that we should play melee.

Side note, I end my posts with NidoQUEEN, so I could care less about being "manly".

Wait, people play Ganon in Brawl for reasons OTHER than manliness?

*Head explodes*

Yeah, I would understand if people played him for character devotion, then Melee would be the better game to do it, since Ganondorf is competitively viable there.

But that means, people show loyalty for Jigglypuff and play her for reasons other than to be just annoying?

*Head explodes*

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Yeah, I would understand if people played him for character devotion, then Melee would be the better game to do it, since Ganondorf is competitively viable there.
If that were the case, then it wouldn't matter what game you play with him in: You love the character regardless, right?

But that means, people show loyalty for Jigglypuff and play her for reasons other than to be just annoying?

*Head explodes*
I've used Her Majesty since 64, and I find her genuinely fun to play as.

If you need a reason, there's always the "lulz" factor.

Clai

Smash Lord
If that were the case, then it wouldn't matter what game you play with him in: You love the character regardless, right?
If you're talking about competitively, as in going to tournaments well, you'll generally have more fun in the game you win more. I know that there are other factors to it, but in the strictly competitive viewpoint, winning contributes to the fun.

I've used Her Majesty since 64, and I find her genuinely fun to play as.

If you need a reason, there's always the "lulz" factor.

Ewwwwwwww.....

I hate Jigglypuff so much.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
If you're talking about competitively, as in going to tournaments well, you'll generally have more fun in the game you win more. I know that there are other factors to it, but in the strictly competitive viewpoint, winning contributes to the fun.

Ewwwwwwww.....

I hate Jigglypuff so much.
I hate Jigglypuff in Brawl. In fact "hate" would be an understatment at this point.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

Besides, who uses Jigglypuff and dares call himself manly? That's just disgraceful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-F3DrzrZWo

Anyway I agree with Clai, or what the Japanese supposedly did: they don't (or didn't) really think that Ganon was in a tier by himself because he's bad, he's in G tier because it stands for "Ganondorf Tier."

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I just thought I'd post here saying the Ganon boards are the most amazing boards in existence.

I have like a billion epic win induced orgasms every time I come here.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Add a Side B that can't be spotdodged and goes far enough to chase a backwards roll, and you've got yourself a deal.

TP

Smash Master
If only Ganon had MK's moveset, jumps, glide, weight, priority, speed, dodges, and appearance...

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ganon deserves his own tier because he is so badass.

and bad.
Ganondorf deserves is own tier bacause people start accounts just to write something about him in these boards.

I just thought I'd post here saying the Ganon boards are the most amazing boards in existence.

I have like a billion epic win induced orgasms every time I come here.
Everone should use this as their sig for a couple days. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom