• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
You guys are so flippin greedy, making me do all the work.

Most upsetting Ganon:

lmao most upsetting Ganon?

@ Straked ok ill see if i got it

edit- aw **** why did my quote get messed up. screw it im too lazy to fix it

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Dina should get the "Best female dorf" award.
lol my Ganondorf is bad. Like If I play srsly with him, I get 2 stocked, if I **** around with him, I'll win. Makes no sense.:embarrass:lick:

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
lol my Ganondorf is bad. Like If I play srsly with him, I get 2 stocked, if I **** around with him, I'll win. Makes no sense.:embarrass:lick:
You should inspect replays of that if you can. It makes sense. It means that you've unconsciously learned something better than you have consciously learned it.

I wish I could do that. If I go on autpilot... I don't do anything. :ohwell:

You're probably succeeding because you attack more. But what you should do is figure out what you're doing. Observe which attacks you're using more and less, for starters. You could even do a blind sample of your replays if you have the time and someone to help with that.

EDIT Also

Yes, it is, but it requires very strict timing. Here's a video.
... Holy **** how did I forget about that video. I'm going to master that **** today.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
... Holy **** how did I forget about that video. I'm going to master that **** today.
It'd be sooo much easier if it could be buffered into itself, after each attack.

Something's bothering me, though...
Since it's possible to ISJR without the buffer method, shouldn't it be possible to FoG the same way?

Imagine this combo on high %'s: Fullhop Dair -> FoG Uair Star KO :lick:

:034:

Smash Hero
That'd be such high percents that ftilt would be just as good for killing, and easier to do... Not as sexy, though.

TP

Smash Master
DAD claimed to do a FoG out of an aerial once, but vids or it didn't happen IMO. Since Dair autocancels, there is no way to FoG out of a SH Dair, even in theory. It will need to be a full jump one with perfect timing, if it is possible at all.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Played some Ganon dittos against Zook today.

Wiz Kick spiked him.

Ironic because he's a mod, and I ****ing locked his 2nd stock thread.
I found a good pic to show the majority of mine and Straked's matches.

I'm the Falco, btw.

lol It was tons of fun. Send me a VM any time any of you want to do some Ganon dittos.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I found a good pic to show the majority of mine and Straked's matches.

I'm the Falco, btw.

lol It was tons of fun. Send me a VM any time any of you want to do some Ganon dittos.
Straked said he sent me replays but I didn't get them yet. When I do would you like me to identify you if I put them up? If not I'll just put "???" in your name.;)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I never met a female Ganon player before, nice to meet your SniperNightOwl.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I never met a female Ganon player before, nice to meet your SniperNightOwl.
lol I'm more of a Ganondorf supporter than I am a player at the moment. I will admit I have been really neglecting him for Kirby, but hell I have even been neglecting Jigglypuff for him too. Kirby is so dum like he just needs 2 moves to win lol. Sometimes I feel bad for using him because he's so user-friendly. Your name seems familar are you subbed to me on Youtube?

edit: And Ganondorf is sexy. He totally has that "Bad boy" image going on. I'm shocked there isn't more girls on SWF who like him. >_>

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
lol I'm more of a Ganondorf supporter than I am a player at the moment. I will admit I have been really neglecting him for Kirby, but hell I have even been neglecting Jigglypuff for him too. Kirby is so dum like he just needs 2 moves to win lol. Sometimes I feel bad for using him because he's so user-friendly. Your name seems familar are you subbed to me on Youtube?

edit: And Ganondorf is sexy. He totally has that "Bad boy" image going on. I'm shocked there isn't more girls on SWF who like him. >_>
yes i am subbed to you on youtube and i main Jiggs too, dont worry about it.

Smash Hero
Thread title should be changed to "People, let's all hit on Sniper Night Owl"

It'd be totally rad, and also kinda cool. :\/

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Thread title should be changed to "People, let's all hit on Sniper Night Owl"

It'd be totally rad, and also kinda cool. :\/

Simply talking to a girl =/= hitting on her.

I believe you are overreacting just a tad. :ohwell:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
DAD claimed to do a FoG out of an aerial once, but vids or it didn't happen IMO. Since Dair autocancels, there is no way to FoG out of a SH Dair, even in theory. It will need to be a full jump one with perfect timing, if it is possible at all.

True. you kan FoG after an aerial, if you buffer the FoG.
However, I've never been able to just "Empty Jump" and then FoG out of it.

And Ganondorf is sexy. He totally has that "Bad boy" image going on. I'm shocked there isn't more girls on SWF who like him. >_>
He must be like an evil John Travolta to you, Dina, huh?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
No way! John Travolta is a "wussy" (Not the real word I wanted to use.... can you guess the real one...?) compared to Ganondorf!:chuckle:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
True. you kan FoG after an aerial, if you buffer the FoG.
However, I've never been able to just "Empty Jump" and then FoG out of it.

Wait, what? You could buffer a FOG after a SH DAir?

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Swoops is sexy, and if he won't have me I'll take him by force.

Sorry...I'm not good with subtlety.
Sweet, I've graduated from sexy to rapeable. I was wondering when I'd achieve my childhood dream. It's okay Jekyll, it just makes your message all the more powerful.

Your guide on Ganondorf was hot.:lick:
Hm, it's not like you're calling me rapeable, but it'll do.

TP

Smash Master
Wait guys (and Dina), stop joking for a minute.

Z1GMA, WTF? Vid now please. If you can do it out of aerials, that's a huge boost to Ganon's game. Full jump Dair FoG Dair FTW. Technically, FoG Uair is better, but FoG Dair looks cooler.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
As soon as I can figure out how to fog consistently (lol), I'll be sure to try and fog out of dair.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
You can FoG in any situation where you can SJR. SJR is what makes it possible to FoG after an airDodge.

You can't SJR after a ShDair, therefore you can't FoG after it. I've done FoG after Ganon's Uair and Bair, but never tried the other aerials. The timing is far too finicky for my liking.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
You can FoG in any situation where you can SJR. SJR is what makes it possible to FoG after an airDodge.

You can't SJR after a ShDair, therefore you can't FoG after it. I've done FoG after Ganon's Uair and Bair, but never tried the other aerials. The timing is far too finicky for my liking.
So basically, the only aerial FoG's possible after is a (properly timed) full hop UAir, is that right?

TP

Smash Master
Full hop Dair SHOULD be possible, and it would be the most useful by far, since it actually sends the opponent UP.

Jekyll

Smash Ace

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Simply talking to a girl =/= hitting on her.

I believe you are overreacting just a tad. :ohwell:
Nah. When aman meets a woman on the internet, and they aren't secretly a man, there are but two thoughts going through their heads:

1) PICZ!
2) In the word of Danny Devito's Penguin from Batman Returns: "I'd like to fill her void!"

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Nah. When aman meets a woman on the internet, and they aren't secretly a man, there are but two thoughts going through their heads:

1) PICZ!
2) In the word of Danny Devito's Penguin from Batman Returns: "I'd like to fill her void!"
._.;;

10lulz

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Done and done. I am now a master of the SJR setup, and I think I'm just one more day's practice away from mastering ISJR, uair version. I use FH dair -> DJ bair -> SJR.

Unfortunately, neither uair nor bair will actually hit anyone who stays on the ground. You can, though, do a dair, and it will hit chars who are Samus-tall or taller, but I couldn't continue the jump. It does autocancel perfectly, though. Looks downright sexy. I can imagine jumping like this, then pulling out the dair when the guy thinks I'm out.
Then FoG chasing... *drool*

Additionally, nair can be done from the SJR and also finishes just as you land, plus of course the whole setup allows you to air stall before an Fair, if you want.

..... whoa whoa, wait, that's it. I was able to do nair without having to delay my input. I must have been buffering the direction input for any other aerial, preventing the jump. Unfortunately I don't see a way around this, even knowing. I'd have to learn how to Claw just to see if C-stick solves it, but somehow I don't think it will... because of how C-stick works with direction inputs.

In my testing, this was not possible. The only way I was able to get the SJR was if I didn't attack for the frame I did the jump. For some reason, I have to jump, then put in an attack. bair, dair, uair, fair.

The thread you linked, though, says dair can be SJR'd infinitely... which I didn't find. I landed and ACd.

... holy ****.

I couldn't do FoG from this, I thought because... again, for whatever reason, it seemed I had to delay the attack from the jump, thus I couldn't get the input for FoG.

But if you did it, then.... wow. Ganon can fly.

*~*~*~
Last thing I need to do is figure out why I sometimes - nay, usually - fail to DJ when I try to set up the FoG. For some reason, I'm clicking L before I press Y the second time. Makes no sense to me.

Ant1

Smash Ace
I still haven't managed to do a FoG.
I have a dream, that one day in a tournament match, it will be last stock high %. I knock my opponent in the air, and then use a FoG to chase him and u-air/watever out of it to finish the game.
Or maybe they are recovering, and then i do it.

TP

Smash Master
Remember guys: FoG>Reverse WP is our strongest kill move, because WP is strongest while in the air, making this the best thing to do against shield broken opponents. It kills about 10% earlier than a regular reverse WP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom