• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Rizen

Smash Legend
personally if they dont ever go shiek then its a -1 or 0 mu imo since zelda doesn't have a whole lot of options of keeping ganon out
That's what I thought. It would be good if Ganon players could add their 2 cents to the discussion. Some Zeldas are saying it's +2Zelda and Ganon does worse in this MU than I think. Here's the link again
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=201878&page=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vsDxZuXhid0#t=181s
this got me because it took me totally by surprise :/ .

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It's a +2 for Zelda. There's a lot of reasons for it, but it essentially comes down to Din's annoyance and lightning heels being ********. And it's not particularly hard to gimp a ganon who's been knocked offstage provided you don't rely on din's (LOL NAIR).

Wavebounced Nayru's used smartly is also stupid.

I've played this MU on both sides and can give more feedback when it is not 1) 5 am and 2) I'm not too lazy to log into AiB.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Love jumping?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Lots of chars can CG ganon. ICs, falco, DDD, pikachu, wario, marth, pit, lucario, yoshi, ZSS, even Snake. The only advice I can give is to learn how to mash properly. Not getting grabbed helps too.

Uair is the the AC/DC of Ganon's moveset. It's always an incredibly solid choice, but it doesn't do anything spectacular.

I think Ganon's best move is either Dash Attack (the Led Zeppelin of his moveset--an incredibly high quality dash attack that serves as an inspiration for dash attacks everywhere), or side B (the Beatles of his moveset--incredibly diverse, and practically defines an entire generation of Ganon).

:phone:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Uair is the the AC/DC of Ganon's moveset. It's always an incredibly solid choice, but it doesn't do anything spectacular.

I think Ganon's best move is either Dash Attack (the Led Zeppelin of his moveset--an incredibly high quality dash attack that serves as an inspiration for dash attacks everywhere), or side B (the Beatles of his moveset--incredibly diverse, and practically defines an entire generation of Ganon).
^Lol, awesome descriptions.

Dash attack: "Yes there are 2 paths you can go now but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"
Lots of chars can CG ganon. ICs, falco, DDD, pikachu, wario, marth, pit, lucario, yoshi, ZSS, even Snake. The only advice I can give is to learn how to mash properly. Not getting grabbed helps too.
I C. (where's an xat (puke) face when you need one?)

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Lol. Not to mention Ganon basically becomes a zeppelin made out of lead during his dash attack.

I am quite proud of this metaphor.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
They're not supposed to fly, they're supposed to crash. That's why it's a cool name.

This is their first album cover:

(it's a crashing zeppelin. or a giant phallus, depending on how you look at it lol)

Rizen

Smash Legend
lol
_______
In the video with this article http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/07/masahiro-sakurai-talks-super-smash-bros-4 bare the annoying announcer girl and you can see a WIP demo that has Link, Zelda and Ganon on part of the temple stage made to look like SS. Watch how they fight; they're all much faster with other augmentations like Link's arrows go farther and with less lag and Ganon's Usmash is closer to Melee's. They keep their Brawl (TP based) looks and feel at this point still despite being on a SS level. The Triforce characters were specifically selected for the demo; hopefully they'll be good next time ;)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I like DLA's descriptions ^_^

Does this make nair the Velvet Underground of Ganon's moveset? A godlike thing that nobody actually knows about?

:059:

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Lol, that works. I was going to go with Nair being the Kansas of our moveset, because it has exactly two hits.

And yes Rizen that is P:M. I noticed it too when I watched it a few days ago. I wonder what the legal implications are for showing hacked footage like that.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Those *******s! Burn them! -wait that's outdated... Sue them, sue them!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
If you think this isn't technically demanding, then you clearly either haven't tried it, or have no idea what I'm talking about.

Go into training mode and pop out 10 straight SHFF bairs in rapid succession, then come back and say it's not technically demanding.
It's not particularly difficult untill you start trying to move forward/backwards while doing it...at least for me

Does this make nair the Velvet Underground of Ganon's moveset? A godlike thing that nobody actually knows about?
I love these. D-air is the guns and roses of his moveset: Seen better days but Is still beautiful poetry in motion when executed right
I would probably agree on Uair DA and Side-B being his top 3 moves. But I love me some Dair and Usmash, Although the latter is purely for hardcore mindgames which seem to be exclusive to me and my freedom
Although U-air, Are you trying to tell me that tipman U-air>Footstool edgeguard isn't the most ice cool thing on the planet? more swag than even mink can handle

Also monsiour Gheb, Will you be at bushido? It would be awesome to discuss ganon things

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I love these. D-air is the guns and roses of his moveset: Seen better days but Is still beautiful poetry in motion when executed right
-dead-

Also monsiour Gheb, Will you be at bushido? It would be awesome to discuss ganon things
Nope, you should opt for the next big german tourney [mid October]

:059:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Anyone here buying PS Allstar Battle Royale?
Warning if you like PSAllstars do not read this:

Sony is making a huge mistake. Allstars is an obvious attempt to leech off SSBs success, which happens a lot from rivaling companies to be fair. Nintendo is 3 'allstar battle' generations ahead of Sony and has SSB4 coming late 2013.
Allstars has about the starting cast # that the N64 SSBs did. The system (fight to build your turbo gauge, 1 to 3 levels then score points with super moves) is extremely gimmicky; it's like having to play with smashballs and only KOing with final smashes. The turbo attacks look very different and unbalanced too, like final smashes. The whole game appears to have terrible character balance and no realistic competitive potential.
The SSBs series has already struggled with these problems and hopefully is ironing the creases out in SSB4 but Melee and Brawl still look like they have better competitive potential and design all around. Maybe SSB 64 too.
Allstars looks like a fun party game and nothing more. As players develop the metagame they'll realize more and more how flawed the premise is and how Allstars doesn't have a competitive metagame. 1 or 2 characters will probably dominate 1vs1s (Sly Cooper) and the others will sort of fall into loose tiers in FFAs.

I like Sony; they're being really stupid with this though :/ .

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

Sony is making a huge mistake. Allstars is an obvious attempt to leech off SSBs success, which happens a lot from rivaling companies to be fair. Nintendo is 3 'allstar battle' generations ahead of Sony and has SSB4 coming late 2013.
Allstars has about the starting cast # that the N64 SSBs did. The system (fight to build your turbo gauge, 1 to 3 levels then score points with super moves) is extremely gimmicky; it's like having to play with smashballs and only KOing with final smashes. The turbo attacks look very different and unbalanced too, like final smashes. The whole game appears to have terrible character balance and no realistic competitive potential.
The SSBs series has already struggled with these problems and hopefully is ironing the creases out in SSB4 but Melee and Brawl still look like they have better competitive potential and design all around. Maybe SSB 64 too.
Allstars looks like a fun party game and nothing more. As players develop the metagame they'll realize more and more how flawed the premise is and how Allstars doesn't have a competitive metagame. 1 or 2 characters will probably dominate 1vs1s (Sly Cooper) and the others will sort of fall into loose tiers in FFAs.

Whether one likes the game or not is irrelevant, seeing as what you posted is pretty much true. I'm sure it'll be a good game as far as fun factor goes, but from what I've seen and currently see, I don't think it will have much in the way of a competitive community. Dissidia Final Fantasy looks far more competitive than this game (not that Dissidia is shallow in being competitive, mind you).

Heartstring

Smash Legend
character with the best supers win
I dont own a ps3 anyway, so good to know that nothing of value was lost

Anyway, Big news for me:
Alestorm (a.k.a: the people who wrote 'mead and wenches') are touring in a few months, one of their concerts are happening merely 20 minutes from my house
How jelly are you guys?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I wish some big and famous band toured in my town, but seeing as I live in Springfield, MA, I'm guessing they don't want to risk getting mugged or shot somewhere.

Maybe that's why we rarely get a WWE event here as well.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I wish some big and famous band toured in my town, but seeing as I live in Springfield, MA, I'm guessing they don't want to risk getting mugged or shot somewhere.

Maybe that's why we rarely get a WWE event here as well.
oh thanks for the reminder, I need to catch up on what happened at summerslam

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

Sounds like the 4P Mode in Kung Fu Panda, lmao.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Ahahahaha! Me too! I was supposed to watch it last night, but my friend requested the wrong Sunday off, preventing us from watching it, that loser. >_____<
Yeah, Sadly some Arsehole decided to flat out tell me who won out of brock lesnar and HHH which i could have killed him for
UK doesnt get PPV stuff though, So i have to find it online to watch it >.<

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Yeah, Sadly some Arsehole decided to flat out tell me who won out of brock lesnar and HHH which i could have killed him for
UK doesnt get PPV stuff though, So i have to find it online to watch it >.<
That really sucks. I would've strangled the guy myself. I want to see the match for myself as well.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah I nearly did, I was only held back by the fact that it was my brother :B

However, I cannot find anywhere to watch it. Is the UK really no allowed to see these things go down -__-

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Yeah I nearly did, I was only held back by the fact that it was my brother :B

However, I cannot find anywhere to watch it. Is the UK really no allowed to see these things go down -__-
I was pretty sure there's some kind of Pay-Per-View program in the UK where one could watch WWE events. Maybe it's your cable provider? I dunno.

Rizen

Smash Legend
People often post things online; you might be able to search and find it. I watched 'The Avengers' live movie on youtube recently, lol.

Top Bottom