• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Almost got Felix. Got 5th and beat two of the best players in PacNW, so I can't complain, as it's the best I've done in a long, long time.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well done verm. I should genuinely get us a sponsorship from irn-bru under the premise of the manliest, most scottish group of gamers ever :D

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Thanks, guys. Overall, I lost to Felix twice (pools and bracket--though I made such a stupid error [and by stupid, I mean horrifyingly ********] in game 2, where Felix was at 140, and I was at 70 or so. I tried to be flashy and SDed. djkibn wpif bn[oln[ and lost to Weruop's Olimar. Beat Xnpio's Kirby, Jamn's Snake and ROB, Bladewise's Marth and Dr. Robotnik's Yoshi.

Here're some of the videos:

http://www.twitch.tv/jamnt0ast/b/325749077

Me vs. Bladewise is at 2:35:00 - I made some weird errors like Dsmashing twice in a row and wizkicking backwards. Also, in the third match, I gerudo'd like 3 times when I meant to wizkick his landing.

http://www.twitch.tv/jamnt0ast/b/325773993

Me vs. Jamnt0ast is at 00:06:43

I'll post all of 'em once they're actually on Youtube.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man Koskinator's legendary thread will never be topped.

Ever.

This board should have just been shut down after that, and that thread should have been the sole sticky, lasting forever as a beacon of greatness.

Oh hey Ganons.

Tricky Shadowe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FelixMackenzie
Man Koskinator's legendary thread will never be topped.

Ever.

This board should have just been shut down after that, and that thread should have been the sole sticky, lasting forever as a beacon of greatness.

Oh hey Ganons.

....What are you talking about? What legendary thread?

Actually, better to not tell me about it....

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
(gets the feeling he was reported >.>)

It was the greatest thread in the history of smashboards Tricky.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
The ganon boards were incredible 3-4 years ago. It was like there was actually a community, instead of people just randomly popping in and posting.

:phone:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I can certainly believe that, especially with the two Ganon Community Combo videos I saw on Youtube showcasing players I have yet to see post on these boards since the day I joined.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Not sure. I suppose these boards could use an update for a community video? I mean, I have a few clips I can donate for such a purpose myself, actually.

Tricky Shadowe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FelixMackenzie
That would be awesome. Because I have been playing against this awesome Ganon player. He continuously beats me. I don't think Ganon is bad. I think he is awesome and powerful. Every character has some flaws, right? So does that make this the worst? I think not.

Hell, if I had some videos, I would put them up too.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I'll be honest...our current Ganon players aren't nearly as good as our players from the last CCV. If we make one now, it will be worse, and therefore redundant.

If you guys want to do one for ****s and giggles though, contact Makke. He PMed me about a week ago saying he wanted to do another CCV. I told him the same thing I'm telling you guys. If you decide to make one anyways, I'll be happy to throw in some clips.

:phone:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I dunno, Bloody. Inland Empire Smash was my first tourney in like half a year or more and I got 5th. Just get in a lot of friendlies beforehand. I've noticed that the only thing that really suffers after a hiatus is timing, but it comes back pretty quickly.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
while that is true my area has played me A LOT and know most of my gimmicks and what not.... so i don't really have a trick up my sleeve
If it's been a long time, Then maybe theyve long since forgotten the tricks?
After all, People don't tend to make an effort to remember ganondorf tomfoolery

Also I just looked through my old videos, I have so many swagtastic moments with my ganon that need to be shared (and one from my friend too)

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
HOW IS THAT A GIMMICK?!

UTilt is a good option against someone who's on the ledge! NO ONE BELIEVES ME. Seriously though, Bloody, just don't rely on what are obviously one-time tricks. That isn't to say don't use them, but don't rely on them, i.e. don't CP Brinstar and hope people run into a frame-extended FSmash. Not to say that's what you do or anything, but just an example of a Gannick (Ganon gimmick :ganondorf:).

Despite disbelief in the notion, Ganon's actually more capable of mix-ups than a lot of characters in the game. If they adjust to one style of play, Ganon has other options. For instance, the ROB GP spoke of, Jamt0ast, has played me before as well. He was used to my Aerudos approaches at first, but I knocked it off for a bit, then went back to Aerudos and kept switching. Ganon can win without gimmicks!

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Utilt is pretty good against people on the ledge because it has deceptively little ending lag, which leads to a lot of missed punishes.

Then again, most people aren't going to get hit by it regardless, which means you wasted a potential opportunity to punish your opponent's attempt to get back on stage from the ledge.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I swear i must be the only one who sees the trollfaces that i post these days >.<

Its a gimmick in the sense that It's such a wierd choice that it throws opponents off, What DLA says about it is true though

And vern is right bloody, Certain one time tricks can only get you so far (e.g: super frame extended eruption on Castle seige) But learning some solid mixups (e.g: switching around your Followups after a stomp at low percents) can be the deciding factor

Plus, If you manage to make your opponent fear ganon/doubt themselves, You can rip them to pieces

Top Bottom