• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I was pretty sure there's some kind of Pay-Per-View program in the UK where one could watch WWE events. Maybe it's your cable provider? I dunno.
We don't have cable in the UK lol, Totally different system. There is a PPV system called boxoffice. But summerslam wasnt available, a.k.a: it didnt fkn air
still, to 1channel i go!

Also one more thing:
APEX, I'm going again. But once again, Its likely im the only guy from the UK brawl scene going.
Anyway, I don't want to get stuck scrambling for a crappy room, So i thought, perhaps we should have a ganonic hotel room for the duration of apex? I dunno who else in attending from here though, anyway, thoughts and feedback plz

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I should go to Apex, but seeing as I'm in the process of moving in with my girlfriend, it could potentially be too difficult for me to attend. The good news, however, is that saving money while living with her will be easier than is currently is, meaning it could also be just as easy to attend Apex if things go well enough.

I can tell you guys first-hand that PSA is awful.
At the risk of sounding like a noob, what is "PSA"?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
IMPORTANT

Apparently there's going to be an Apex banner competition...
http://allisbrawl.com/news/newspost.aspx?id=1488

i suggest that we somehow make a banner amongst ourselves for the return of the Ganon Gauntlet
I agree, Anyone good at image editing here? because im not

I should go to Apex, but seeing as I'm in the process of moving in with my girlfriend, it could potentially be too difficult for me to attend. The good news, however, is that saving money while living with her will be easier than is currently is, meaning it could also be just as easy to attend Apex if things go well enough.
Thats fair enough, I understand the predictament...except im just moving into my own place alone, no gf here :B

I would love to be the 2nd bloke from the UK to go but.... A Levels >_>
Oh wow, Are you knew? I dont think ive seen you at any tournaments, have i?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I would love to do this, if my home connection got back up soon enough, but chances of that happening are very slim. Good to see the boards breathing, with familiar profiles.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Oh wow, Are you knew? I dont think ive seen you at any tournaments, have i?
Yes & no. Well I would love to go to tournaments but flying to & fro Belfast & London is rather expensive. I was hoping to go to Smash Ain't Dead but I spent my money on concerts tickets :/

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yes & no. Well I would love to go to tournaments but flying to & fro Belfast & London is rather expensive. I was hoping to go to Smash Ain't Dead but I spent my money on concerts tickets :/

Fair enough, I automatically assumed you were connected to the mainland. If i were you i would wait to attend, me and my man legacy will soon be hosting a tourament thats brawl exclusive and will be over several days, stick some money aside and then you-and any other irish/northern irish brawlers-can attend that!

so guys, Just on the coach to france ATM, Pretty damn excited, wish me luck!

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Fair enough, I automatically assumed you were connected to the mainland. If i were you i would wait to attend, me and my man legacy will soon be hosting a tourament thats brawl exclusive and will be over several days, stick some money aside and then you-and any other irish/northern irish brawlers-can attend that!

so guys, Just on the coach to france ATM, Pretty damn excited, wish me luck!
That sounds like a good idea, cheers :D

Have fun in France :)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
So guys, finally got to my computer long enough to check out crashboards after france

I found me a worthy opponent for best active ganon in EU. Mr-deuler-X :D
I went into the venue and he was moving though everyone who challenged him in a ganon ditto (he actually mains G&W) with ease, so i tried my luck, thinking that i Must be at least decent against him
And i won, pretty good win too. So Im just gonna sit here and be happy with myself for that, because the rest of the tournament, i sucked XD
so yeah, picture of the pair of us. for being godly ganons

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Ign uses Pm over vbrawl. As a melee player this pleases me as greatly. I always thought that melee was a better competitive game and brawl for casuals. It seem that people who dont really know better prefer melee as well.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Ign uses Pm over vbrawl. As a melee player this pleases me as greatly. I always thought that melee was a better competitive game and brawl for casuals. It seem that people who dont really know better prefer melee as well.

ignoring the fact that PM is not an official product and PM is most certainly not smash4
IGNorance. damn them

Vkrm

Smash Lord
I like pm by itself but i also dislike IGN.It's sorta cool how IGN supports the pm development team. On a side note just because it's not official doesn't mean it's not good.

Rizen

Smash Legend
On a side note just because it's not official doesn't mean it's not good.

Yeah but they shouldn't show PM in the background as an annoying spokesperson talks about SSB4 and an interview with the director.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Cool pic. Dueler X was afraid to Ganon ditto Verm and me at Apex hehe. His words, not mine. Also Verm beat his G&W in pools right?

Also P:M is amazing. P:M Dorf is more fun than Brawldorf and Meleedorf combined. Mainly because he IS Brawldorf and Meleedorf combined.

Rizen

Smash Legend
How do Ganon Dittos work? I can't tell what beats what or why sometimes :/ . Moon-something or other dittoed me and I was surprised many times by how things worked out. It was light stop and go lag wifi too which didn't help.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
In Ganon dittos you should play defensively as his approach gets wrecked by himself. It's also extremely easy for Ganon to gimp himself with for example reverse Uair or 2nd hit of Nair.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
How do Ganon Dittos work? I can't tell what beats what or why sometimes :/ . Moon-something or other dittoed me and I was surprised many times by how things worked out. It was light stop and go lag wifi too which didn't help.
Well, ganon is one of 3 people who ganon has no guaranteed attacks after side-b on. So lots of prediction :D

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Also P:M is amazing. P:M Dorf is more fun than Brawldorf and Meleedorf combined. Mainly because he IS Brawldorf and Meleedorf combined.
He feels more like falcon than falcon does in pm which makes me very upset.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
High level ganon dittos = punish your opponent until he's offstage, then grab the ledge and edgeguard him until he dies.

edit: P:M falcon is fine, not sure what everyone's complaining about. This is coming from a Falcon main in Melee. Did you see the vids of Darkrain at FC? Tell me that ain't falcon.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
It was definitely darkrain, lol. But I saw him get 3-0'd by vro and couldnt believe it. My gripes with falcon stem mostly from the brawl engine I guess. I think he might be better in this game than in melee but his slickness is gone. I don't really know... Been playing too muck Ike maybe.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ganon's fun to use in Brawl but he got the raw deal big time :/ .
A funny thing happened, I dash attacked ZSS out of her ledge hop on BF and it stage spiked her for the KO. It was at the beginning so she was low. Fun.

BTW, do you Ganon mains think he's the worst character? I had a conversation with someone about who's the worst. It seems to me like all the H tiers (and probably Bowser and Samus too) suck in different ways so saying one character is the worst is a bad system.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I dont know, I mean ganondorf can be a monster once he gets the ball rolling, But i think most other characters just suck less
That said, It wont ever stop me from steamrolling half the UK community with him

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
^^^Something I'd be most grateful for! Though, MJG's gotten quite a lot of votes so far, so it'd take a good chunk to get me in the lead. Still possible though.

Thanks, Ian. :colorful:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
That'd definitely be nice. :p

Though, I think I'm like 15 votes behind MJG. Dunno how I'd bridge the gap.

Top Bottom