• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
We must gatter up, my fellow Ganons, and combine all our Warlock Punches, at December 21, and strike Nibiru/Planet X into oblivion!

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
exactly whats wrong i have no idea....

but it has issues cold starting and if i'm idling too long i lose power and stall out completely

i checked some crap like the MAF sensor and cleaned out the throttle completely but it seems to either be a huge electric problem or something wrong with the fuel pump =/

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Hey, any Ganons with good Zelda experience wanna share what they currently think the MU is (??:?? and -/+?) I'd like to get more than one opinion. I posted on this thread because the MU thread is basically dead and a year old.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Oh. I thought you made an export in the Zelda forum or something. AiB did this MU recently so a lot of info can be transferred.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
exactly whats wrong i have no idea....

but it has issues cold starting and if i'm idling too long i lose power and stall out completely

i checked some crap like the MAF sensor and cleaned out the throttle completely but it seems to either be a huge electric problem or something wrong with the fuel pump =/
sounds similar to my issue (when i still had a car) which was my battery was close to/completely dead. its a pretty inexpensive problem (well...depending on how big your budget is, shouldnt cost more than $100) so it shouldnt be too bad

that said, im no car expert

Rizen

Smash Legend
Oh really? What ratio/number did they come up with?
Some people said as high as +2Zelda but most people went with even or +1Zelda. I tried to check but only found this:
"Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at allisbrawl.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."
AiB is having severe problems lately :c. I'll get the info as soon as permitted; there were a few good write-ups by Zeldas and Ganons. Ganons here probably remember that.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Zelda vs Ganon is even IMO.

Also, this is for the newer Ganons who haven't seen it yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpPBq9TMxr4&feature=relmfu

This was the golden age of Ganondorf. Ijosh and Zhouten were so fkin good. They'd both probably be better than Verm and me right now if they kept playing. Not only because of their talent, but because they live in NY and FL, respectively.

And Ray Kalm, Z1GMA, and Fonz are amazing as well.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

Also, this is for the newer Ganons who haven't seen it yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpPBq9TMxr4&feature=relmfu

This was the golden age of Ganondorf. Ijosh and Zhouten were so fkin good. They'd both probably be better than Verm and me right now if they kept playing. Not only because of their talent, but because they live in NY and FL, respectively.

IMO, it couldn't be worse than +1 Zelda.

Also, that video is nice, but like every highlight video, the victim was playing awful, and nowadays I can't see someone getting stuck in a Side B tech chase that easily.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90

<3 DLA, one of my favorite players. Fonz is still the man, and Z1GMA loved my siggies. Never got to know Kalm, very well.

Rizen

Smash Legend
One of the better combo videos, for sure. I need to try some of those now that I am playing offline again. Wifi makes fancy stuff offstage suicide :( . Ray Kalm used Link but I never got to know him.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
No one ever got to know Ray Kalm very well. His existence was as much of a mystery as his disappearance.

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, I remember playing ray once in a wifi tournament, back when i still mained samus in 09 and had no idea who he was untill he smashed me in the face with his thundrous boots

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Rizen, I was able to access AiB and the thread and you had it as +1. But you didn't specify which Ganon or Zelda?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'd think it's +1 Zelda, mostly because of her disjoints, kill power, and she also has the ability to gimp. While Ganon too has power and gimp ability vs. Zelda, his lack of disjoints and more sluggish attacks prevents him from getting the upper hand against her.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I think Kosk got to know him well enough to be able to piss him off, whenever he was around.
At least half of the people he met on smashboards pissed him off lmao. Myself included, for a while at least. You should have seen him around Breezy. And he wasn't fond of Verm when he joined, either.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Kalm changed a good bit since we last spoke. He used to be very judgmental and rebarbative, but I think he's matured. To my knowledge, he moved to Pakistan for a period of time (might still be there). Can't say for sure, but his candor was definitely much warmer.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good sig but dis- 70s show...
you were saying a lot sig, distracting...
what were we talking about?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Kalm changed a good bit since we last spoke. He used to be very judgmental and rebarbative, but I think he's matured. To my knowledge, he moved to Pakistan for a period of time (might still be there). Can't say for sure, but his candor was definitely much warmer.
I would hope so, he seemed like he could be a lot more mature than he was, based on his knowledge and thorough input, however... If you took opposition, he wasn't too friendly. Main things I liked about him were his avatar and amazing skill with Ganon.

Verm warms my heart, because he is Ganon, with long hair.

DLA just don't give a damn, throwing Fairs around and connecting 90% of the time with them. We need to do more Ganon challenges and sucker people into it, for money. lol

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
In speaking of Ganon challenges...

Guess what time it is...

GANON GAUNTLET TIME!

I'd like to formally announce that I will be hosting the Ganon Gauntlet again for APEX 2013! For those of you who missed it last year, the Ganon Gauntlet is a grueling challenge that involves putting money down to fight SEVEN of the world's top Brawl Ganondorfs IN A ROW in a series of 1-stock, 3-minute matches. If you defeat every single Ganon without losing a stock, you win the challenge!

I bet a lot of you may be saying "it's Ganondorf, just how hard can it be?"

Well, if you look at last Ganon Gauntlet, only ONE challenger survived the challenge (Seibrik), out of the 20+ that attempted. We defeated players such as Ally, Espy Kasrani, Lain, Trevonte, Delta-Cod, Hylian, and Tutu.

Do you think you can do better than them? Then prove it...or have your soul devoured in the process. :ganondorf:

I will be working on the exact details in the coming months, but ideally I would like to run the Gauntlet every day of the event, as opposed to just one day like last year--we didn't even get through half of the challengers who wanted to participate. I will work with the TOs to get better accommodations this year, so that we don't get stuck in a corner with the TV facing the wall like last year.

Despite our setbacks last year, the Gauntlet maintained a consistently high level of hype throughout the event. With proper accommodations, this year's Gauntlet will surely be spoken of in the most mighty, dreadful legends known to man.

Registration for the Ganon Gauntlet will begin day 1 of APEX, on a first-come-first-serve basis. If you think your Ganon has what it takes to be on the Ganon Gauntlet roster, send me a private message (as well as any tournament results/videos of your Ganon) and I will decide over the next few months who will be on the roster. We have room for seven on the roster, as well as up to seven substitutes. Show me your power!

HYPE!!!!!!

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I'm not even going to start picking the Ganons for at least a few months. Calm your boners

Rizen

Smash Legend
Lol, it could have been phrased with 'on the other hand' referring to the non-ego subject.

Top Bottom