• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Heartstring

Smash Legend
apparently, im a ganonic ninja :B
okay, srs now. going to work, bye, and wish me luck in my ganon MM's tomorrow

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Ii is on youtube. The word ii means 'good', 'alright', or 'acceptable'. Or "fine." If the right words are put with it, it effectively means 'acceptable', like telling someone "Leave it at that, okay?" or "It's fine as it is."

It would be like if I just went with the tag "Good." Lol.
No, I was wrong. The word in some ways means something like 'smooth' as in 'it works alright'. You can refer to a relationship as being ii, but you literally do it by saying the people involved are "ii"

So now I would say the translation is 'smooth'. Or, like "supa-fly." Which is more sensible as a name.

Ganontube?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I think I find myself so endeared to PK because I see so much of myself in his need for rigorous and pedantic, yet prosy explication. <3

Heartstring

Smash Legend
congrats ^^
best ive done with ganon is 4th at low tiers, but i felt it was pretty good for me ^^

also, my money matches didnt happen, we had no spare setups because there was like..no time ever

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Guys, i got 5th in Doubles yesterday all ganon, saved all my matches.
I also took a game off the 1st place and 2nd place winners.

I won my Ganon ditto MM,
I won my Ganon v Snake MM
I won my Ganon v Kirby MM.

but i lost another Ganon v snake mm :(

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
its not guaranteed. you have to fastfall backwards and up air the problem is that the yoshi can still edgehog ya pretty easily from that position
this. you don't even have to fastfall though... I even checked with the yoshi boards on this one. just don't Uair if they're not actually going for the spike because you'll likely get edgehogged.

Flayl

Smash Hero
DLA, besides the time you went Falco against Poltergust, did you use any non-Ganon character in singles?

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I lost to Tearbear and Dakpo in round 1 pools when I used MK. And in round 2 pools I used MK/Pika to beat Fiji (MK player), and went Ganon for everyone else.

In other words, everyone I beat was with Ganondorf, except Fiji.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
So either you used MK with little practice, the guy you lost to using MK knew the MU well, you're a much better Ganondorf than an MK, or perhaps a combination of the three?
I don't understand this question lmao.

I consider my Ganondorf to be a lot better than my MK in terms of my mastery of the character... unfortunately, Ganon is so much worse than MK that I tend to do better with my MK, even if it's worse than my Ganon.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
^this.

Think that's the same with everybody.
But we play who we play for the character, not the perks.

You guys wouldn't main ganon if you wanted to win all the time.
You'd main MK or diddy.

:phone:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I don't understand this question lmao.

I consider my Ganondorf to be a lot better than my MK in terms of my mastery of the character... unfortunately, Ganon is so much worse than MK that I tend to do better with my MK, even if it's worse than my Ganon.
Well, I mean... it IS Meta Knight, I guess. XD

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I don't even know how to respond to you guys LOL.

Anything about me that is perceivably "good" or "genius" is the product of what I'd imagine is a lot of free time. :ganondorf:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
free time is the greatest weapon you can have should your brain be naturally active
mine like to sleep though, its only active when im brawling oddly enough XD

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I don't even know how to respond to you guys LOL.

Anything about me that is perceivably "good" or "genius" is the product of what I'd imagine is a lot of free time. :ganondorf:
Well, it doesn't hurt to look like you're the descendent of, say, Odin or some other viking god. lol

Also, as for MK, I liked him as a character, but not THAT much. The only thing that makes me like him as a main is mostly his pink color scheme, which reminds me of Final Fantasy VI's Kefka Palazzo; one of my favorite villains. XD

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I've personally tried out Marth lately, just for fun during friendlies. Meta Knight's plain boring.
Hey y'no it's been lost, but Marth was top 7 in my Manliness tier list.

Once all the lulz about the typo and the tiara and the thin sword are put aside, the guy is hardcore. Not as hardcore as strangling the life out of guys with your bare hands, but he stares down defeat for him and his country every day, and says "No!"

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Manliness is tier-based.

Ganon tier
Manly tier
Stand-up guy tier

Marth's a pretty stand-up fella.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah i know ex, i gave it a few games with my new character, GnW is a ***** to fight eh?
now game and watch is chav tier, he uses countless weapons to win. including cake boxes, keys, and hammers. not cool really.
PKow, we need to see your man tier list and see how it works out. i mean, if marth is manly for saving his country, then where is ike? he saved his own country, and in return brought pain and poverty to the entirety of the nation he warred against. his sword also sounds like hes cracknig someone over the head with a desk, manly?

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I've been trying out Tink recently, because I realized I should have a character that I'm good at that isn't so hindered by recovering (since I'm a Ganon main that uses Olimar occasionally), and has a half decent chance at KOing.

So far it's worked out alright. I was also considering Luigi. Anyone have any thoughts on one or the other?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
im personaly horrible with all of the characters you mentioned that isnt ganon XD
but luigi an ruin if youre amazing at reading people. if your good at that, go for it. if not, then dont bother

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
If I remember, the list broke down like this:

Ganon tier

Falcon tier

Man+ tier (didn't have a name, or I don't remember it)

Man tier

Woman tier
Boy tier
Girly tier

Not Valid

Not Valid was for everything it just made no sense to talk about like this. Robot goes here, for instance. Mr. Game & Watch was at least Man tier, though, for his defiance of peril and his unapologetic style.
There was also a little defense I prepared for what it means to put Woman tier above Boy tier in a Manliness tier list. It is exemplified in the statement that Samus is more manly than Toon Link or Pit.

It's sad there's no evidence to put Zelda above Girly tier.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Ganons, I have an idea.

I intend to wage all-out war against the other boards--a war of raw masculinity. I will issue an open challenge to the other boards to match us in a battle of Man. We must convene and discuss our execution of this.

Secondly, I propose an idea. It was an idea Yink instilled in me: IRL Ganon moveset. It would entail us recording ourselves doing Ganon's moves IRL and would most definitely be the most Ganonic endeavor in the cosmos. Think about it. Ponder it. Excogitate. Let the idea consume and obsess you!

Top Bottom