• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganongasm II: Get hyped! (Round 5 Brackets Are UP!)

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Introduction

My fellow Ganon users, it is time yet again for that bone-crunching, spine-tingling, barbaric display of power that we know as GANONGASM. Plans for this tournament are already underway, and this thread will serve as an announcement thread as well as the eventual official tournament discussion thread.

Rules and General Guidelines
(quoted from the SBR Recommended Rule List with minor variation)

• 3 Stock
  • 8 minute timer
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"
  • All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Stalling is banned.
  • If a game ends by means of a Ganoncide, the win goes to the initiator of the move and the sudden death is ignored.
  • Each player is allowed one personal stage ban per set. This should be discussed with your opponent before the set begins.
  • Participants are allotted THREE DAYS to finish their matches. Those who do not get their matches in during the previously stated time frame will be disqualified, regardless of what may come up. It's your responsibility to be punctual in order to keep this tournament afloat.
  • If all matches are completed before the deadline, the three day time frame will restart.

Stage Legality List

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Distant Planet
Luigi's Mansion
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Norfair

Banned

Everything else.

The Bracket

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/2530/ganongasmiiround5.png

The Chat
(Discuss your fights here)

Ganondorf Brawlers

The AiB Link​
(Register here if you wouldn't mind)​
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6726​

It looks a bit strange due to it being run as a 32-man tourney, but once matches are underway, it'll get cleared up. Seeding was determined by Tier Ranking (whether that's accurate or not is not this thread's concern), and as for the rest of the participants, it's completely random.

It's not too late to join! Help fill these unnecessary "Bye's" and join in on the action!

If there are any major concerns as of yet regarding seeding or match setup, please let me know immediately.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
List of Interested Participants

1. Yours Truly
2. Twilight Prince
3. PhantomX
4. SmashBrosForce
5. Ray Kalm
6. Zhouten
7. Ijosh
8. Moblin
9. ShinGaruda
10. LinkSceptile333
11. Big O
12. Acedude55
13. weinner
14. PK-ow!
15. qerkdtx
16. thexsunrosered (Red8)
17. Z1GMA
18. K Prime
19. fromundaman
20. Teronist09
21. Sora Master2.0
22. Koskinator
23. Marsulas
24. Riolufin
25. Tonsana
25. JaimeHR

TP

Smash Master
I OFFICIALLY ENDORSE THIS.

ONCE IN A LIFETIME
**** you.

I'll join. I can help with any questions you have. Learn from my mistakes of the last tournament. Do not wait for players who are doing their matches slowly, the costs are not worth keeping them around (cost = Kosk's Wii broke before the finals).

Good luck.

:034:

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
WHOA !

Ganongasm ! It will be a Honor for me, to join in this Tournament.

The Last was incredible.

Sounds Interesting...;)

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to join. OF course it depends on when you announce it. But I'll try to be there, wi-fi tourneys are always lulzy.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Noobicidal, you should make a Post saying the Rules.

Finally Ray Kalm Niam... I will have the Honor to Fight you in this WiFi tourney.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Count me in this. Lol I don't know how well I'd do in Ganon dittos though.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Well, obviously I should join.

If it's double elim I could even prove something.

It would be problematic for me if it were this week or next, though. I can't guarantee I'd have any time of day aside for my games, and would have to throw them if an interruption came up.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Well, obviously I should join.

If it's double elim I could even prove something.

It would be problematic for me if it were this week or next, though. I can't guarantee I'd have any time of day aside for my games, and would have to throw them if an interruption came up.
Yes.

It is, and you could.

As the title has previously stated, the time is still to be announced.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Noobicidal, write my name in blood, there...
... Or in snot if your'e a *****, K?

This will be my first Ganogasm - go easy on me, guys.

btw.... Are there WARM UP games before the actual matches?
I tend to suck in the earlies.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Noobicidal, write my name in blood, This will be my first Ganogasm - go easy on me, guys..
Will be my First GanonGasm too ;)

Z1GMA, I hope you can Perform your true Combos (Z1GMAn Comboing) in this Tourney. Would be Nice !

My Ganon sucks in Wifi... Anyway I'll do my Best !

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Z1GMA, I hope you can Perform your true Combos (Z1GMAn Comboing) in this Tourney. Would be Nice !
Hahaha! Quite frankly, Z1gman Comboing is pretty much worthless.
The opportunity almost never show itself.

BUT! I've recently come up with a new way of comboing.
I call it the "Brick Wall Combo".
... Nope, I won't tell ya how it works just yet ;}

Noobicidal

Smash Master
btw.... Are there WARM UP games before the actual matches?
I tend to suck in the earlies.
That'll have to be decided between you and your opponent. I suppose if you ask beforehand, there shouldn't be any issues with a few friendlies first.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Hahaha! Quite frankly, Z1gman Comboing is pretty much worthless.
The opportunity almost never show itself.

BUT! I've recently come up with a new way of comboing.
I call it the "Brick Wall Combo".
... Nope, I won't tell ya how it works just yet ;}
If you wanna test "Brick Wall Combo" with me, I'm avaliable to help.

Nice name.

I hope you can use it.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
So, are you gonna start this anytime soon?

Oh, btw, you should use the Ganon chatroom as the tournament room, it'll make things alot easier.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
So this is basically an all Ganon tounry, but instead of some dumb name, it's a Ganongasm? Sweet. I hope I can join this one. Not a very good Ganon, but I'd love to learn! : D

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I think someone should record all the matches, if it possible.

Who has the Capture Card (Dazzle) should record.

It will be very Interesting...

Noobicidal

Smash Master
So, are you gonna start this anytime soon?

Oh, btw, you should use the Ganon chatroom as the tournament room, it'll make things alot easier.
As soon as someone gives me the go-ahead that we have enough members, it'll commence immediately. I also want people to discuss their matches in the chat.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
You must have put some time, and effort into making that bracket. Looks great.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Looks good, but Green Greens being legal in a all Ganon tourny seems kind of well.... strange. And funny.

Also, when you put starter/counter, does that mean you aren't sure yet, or we have to agree on them?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Looks good, but Green Greens being legal in a all Ganon tourny seems kind of well.... strange. And funny.
If it's a problem, I'll consider making it a banned stage.

Also, when you put starter/counter, does that mean you aren't sure yet, or we have to agree on them?
That is what the stages are qualified as. Usually there would be a stage-strike system in place in order to choose the first starter stage, and Starter/Counter stages are added to create an odd number of stages, which will leave only one stage left when the rest are striked.

Honestly, you could just choose a regular starter stage.

TP

Smash Master
I think you should allow people to join until the first round is complete, since the people with byes are just twiddling their thumbs while they wait for an opponent. It's your call though.

I also recommend you make a more concrete decision about stages. I would recommend making 5 starters, and then letting the players choose whether or not they want to stage strike. Again though, your call.

Overall, this looks good. Don't forget to make sure the later rounds all get recorded.

Ban Green Greens. Making a mistake due to lag should not cost you a stock like it will there.

:034:

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I think you should allow people to join until the first round is complete, since the people with byes are just twiddling their thumbs while they wait for an opponent. It's your call though.
I haven't said anything against this. If there are any more interested people, then feel free to join.

I also recommend you make a more concrete decision about stages. I would recommend making 5 starters, and then letting the players choose whether or not they want to stage strike. Again though, your call.
Lylat has now been moved up to Starter.

Overall, this looks good. Don't forget to make sure the later rounds all get recorded.
They're going to have to talk to Dina or stRIP about that.

Ban Green Greens. Making a mistake due to lag should not cost you a stock like it will there.
Done.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
If it's a problem, I'll consider making it a banned stage.

That is what the stages are qualified as. Usually there would be a stage-strike system in place in order to choose the first starter stage, and Starter/Counter stages are added to create an odd number of stages, which will leave only one stage left when the rest are striked.

Honestly, you could just choose a regular starter stage.

Well, TP covered that one for me. It just felt weird having a stage with the smallest boundaries available for a ditto of the character with one of the highest knockbacks (of course, it WOULD have been my CP for the lulz, but still!).

Gotcha, but most tournies (at least offline) that I went to just took a starter/counter stage and moved it into the starter list to make it odd, then moved the others into counter. Either way works for me; I just wasn't sure what was going on with that.

Top Bottom