• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I already responded to this sentiment. Maybe you should read the posts you like, because you liked this one and didn't seem to acknowledge it as the follow-up to the post you quoted from me.
I assure you, I unfortunately read it, I just felt as though you were misconstruing the purpose of his post. I understand your "response" to the sentiment. I just fail to see how it is relevant. You implied that the majority opinion would yield results or that his sentiment did not matter because it was not the majority. I have no idea what you were getting on about; nevertheless, it was clearly fallacious and I felt obligated to address it.

Sakurai makes the decisions regarding game-development, it does not matter if the majority of LoZ fans want a new move-set, it does not matter if the majority of LoZ fans do not want Ganon to be changed at all. He has the final decision and I asserted that, more likely than not; based on the precedent, he was going to prioritize the same party he did in Brawl. The current Ganon mains who are accustomed to Ganon's move-set.

I am declaring that it does not mean anything that some Ganon mains would be okay with the entirely new move-set. He is not catering to those mains. He is catering to the mains who main Ganon because they are content with Ganon's current move-set. Simple as that. If he materially altered his move-set, it would have an adverse effect on those players. There is a reason almost every single character in the game has the exact same move-set. He does not want to fundamentally change anything. Ganon is no exception just because the fan-base believes that he "deserves" more.

Unless you are alluding to the post where you basically agree with me; in that case, okay... agreed? I was focusing on one aspect of your post, if that helps.

just that your sentiment isn't in the majority.
That one sentence fragment is the basis of my entire response. So if it appeared that I did not read the rest of your posts because I responded to this one statement, I apologize. It was the only aspect of the argument that I was disagreeing with.

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
I play Smash for gameplay, I don't care how accurate it is to Zelda
The issue here seems to be that each person only cares about one of two things: the character or the move set/play style.

Here is a question to those that care about the move set/play style: What if the idea that has been floating around had been used of giving Ganondorf's moves to Black Shadow and making a new Ganondorf true to Zelda series? Would you be happy with this since the move set/play style is still there for you? Or would you be unhappy that it is not on Ganondorf any longer? If so, why? Why does the move set have to be on Ganondorf for you to enjoy it?

Like I said before, if Falcondorf must remain, then the best solution is to just have two versions of Ganondorf in the next game. Just like we have two versions of Link, Samus, and Mario. The Zelda series is overdue for a new rep, and nobody is more deserving of that spot than the real Ganondorf. I suppose a slight name difference would be needed. What should the two be called? "Old Man Racer Ganondorf" and "True Ganondorf" perhaps?

If this solution was taken, would anybody still feel irked by the presence of "Old Man Racer Ganondorf"? I personaly wouldn't care as long as True Ganondorf is there.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Today's (8/28) POTD made me think... What if (this is a big what if and honestly i doubt its true) Like the Mii's, Ganondorf can select his "equipment" between Fist and Sword? This would be a cool idea to make Ganon unique while keeping his old move set. Just like Pelutena's "gimmick" is the fact that she has 12 totally unique specials maybe Ganon's "gimmick" is two unique move sets but with just variations on the specials?

I honestly doubt this is the case since Ganondorf (and Zelda characters in general) gets the raw end of the shaft from Sakurai. But the amount of effort that goes into all these other characters really makes me think maybe something was done. Or Sakurai is just completely biased and only puts effort into his characters and ones he likes...

Last edited:

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
The issue here seems to be that each person only cares about one of two things: the character or the move set/play style.

Here is a question to those that care about the move set/play style: What if the idea that has been floating around had been used of giving Ganondorf's moves to Black Shadow and making a new Ganondorf true to Zelda series? Would you be happy with this since the move set/play style is still there for you? Or would you be unhappy that it is not on Ganondorf any longer? If so, why? Why does the move set have to be on Ganondorf for you to enjoy it?

Like I said before, if Falcondorf must remain, then the best solution is to just have two versions of Ganondorf in the next game. Just like we have two versions of Link, Samus, and Mario. The Zelda series is overdue for a new rep, and nobody is more deserving of that spot than the real Ganondorf. I suppose a slight name difference would be needed. What should the two be called? "Old Man Racer Ganondorf" and "True Ganondorf" perhaps?

If this solution was taken, would anybody still feel irked by the presence of "Old Man Racer Ganondorf"? I personaly wouldn't care as long as True Ganondorf is there.
Yes. I am a big supporter of the Black Shadow idea. Both parties win.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Why did this not happen? Falcondorf was cool enough at the beginning, but seeing HW Ganon really made Falcondorf look weird. I want that feral beast I saw in the HW trailer!

Ah well, guess you can't get everything. But I'm starting to get disappointed as much as excited for this game. Where are my big 3?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Today's (8/28) POTD made me think... What if (this is a big what if and honestly i doubt its true) Like the Mii's, Ganondorf can select his "equipment" between Fist and Sword? This would be a cool idea to make Ganon unique while keeping his old move set. Just like Pelutena's "gimmick" is the fact that she has 12 totally unique specials maybe Ganon's "gimmick" is two unique move sets but with just variations on the specials?
That would be nice, but if that footage is to be believed we already saw him taunt with the sword once again.

Oh what could have been..

I am hoping they at least seal up the wound in his chest from TP like HW did, but i believe we can already see it from the leak.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
@Khao Hey, that's a precise way to describe Ganondorf. Why not type a moveset for Ganondorf with those ideas? If you do not want to create a moveset, you could simply share a few ideas for replacement attacks, instead. Either way, I can help start: for the new walk animation, Ganondorf confidently strolls the way he did during OoT when young Zelda spied through her window. Would this animation reflect your idea of Ganondorf? If I could choose, I would not give Ganondorf a dash, since this would reflect his patient way of fighting.
I can give a try to this:

-His idle animation would be him floating with his arms crossed. Defiant and confident.
-His walking animation would be himself floating with his body slightly going to the front.
-His falcon punch, i covered it some pages ago. Basically an overhead variation from Cfalcon´s one, with meteor smash properties.
-Side B can stay. Dark choke is cool.
-DownB needs to go. I would implement some kind of force slam that sends enemies airborne and set them for comboing or a finisher. Think about a variation of Ike´s neutral B, weaker, not chargeable, but Ganon would be able to follow up the move much quicker unlike Ike who has a great amount of Lag after using it.
-Up B could be something in the lines of the Lucario upB, but with ganon covered in dark flames and able to hit foes with it. Something like a combination of Lucario´s upB and Fox upB.
-His neutral Air should be changed to something more wizadry and AOEish. Something in the lines of a quick move that can enable him to win trade in the air and be used as a quick "get off me" move... or a finisher in case of high %. Think about something in the lines of the sexkicks from samus and doctor mario from melee.

-The rest of his A moves could stay. Althought his jab could get some kind o AOE effect because there are far too many characters who can duck it by just crouching. Not cool

For his Alternate moves, Neutral B for example, could be the dead man´s volley everyone wants. (But i think this could be tricky because it can even harm ganondorf , and also could deviate the main battle to this minigame everytime the ganon player decides to throw one).

This ganondorf is just a sluggish brute that can be dealt with in a much easier manner.

Exactly!. Ike in Brawl looked and felt much more menacing than him.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
You know, I'm curious, what is a "true" Ganondorf? He's such an inconsistent character that each of his appearance depict him as almost different characters.

The only consistent Ganon is Pig Ganon. Ganondorf has went from a warlock in OoT, to a pseudo dual wielding Samurai in WW and from what I believe (haven't played TP) a sort of Dark Knight in TP. Even his personality is different in each of these. Hyrule Warriors' Ganondorf is simply another take on the character...and so is Smash Ganondorf. Considering the basic concept of the character is that he's an all powerful king of evil holding the triforce of power, I think his Smash depiction isn't far off. He hits like a brutish king, and each of these hit feels that powerful. The only thing comical about him is his run animation.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
That would be nice, but if that footage is to be believed we already saw him taunt with the sword once again.

Oh what could have been..

I am hoping they at least seal up the wound in his chest from TP like HW did, but i believe we can already see it from the leak.
You're absolutely right, but I'm just guessing/hoping here for something...

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Forgot to add something very important to his moveset... his throws.

His grab range should be definitely increased. He had the worst grab range of Brawl.

For his grab jabs, i would make him engulf the enemy in flames with each hit.

I would add a flame effect on some of his throws too, for flavor factor.

From all his throws, the really mediocre one is his upThrow which serves for nothing. Give it another animation, rack up its dmg potential and make it a KO move if possible.
Make him lift his opponent above him with one hand, and charge him with dark power then exploding the prey, sending him strraight up. Think about a variation of Mew2s throw from Melee, but stronger. Seems fair to me since his throw game sucks.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
You know, I'm curious, what is a "true" Ganondorf? He's such an inconsistent character that each of his appearance depict him as almost different characters.

The only consistent Ganon is Pig Ganon. Ganondorf has went from a warlock in OoT, to a pseudo dual wielding Samurai in WW and from what I believe (haven't played TP) a sort of Dark Knight in TP. Even his personality is different in each of these. Hyrule Warriors' Ganondorf is simply another take on the character...and so is Smash Ganondorf. Considering the basic concept of the character is that he's an all powerful king of evil holding the triforce of power, I think his Smash depiction isn't far off. He hits like a brutish king, and each of these hit feels that powerful. The only thing comical about him is his run animation.
One consistent thing about him (in the Zelda series) is that his brute strength isn't his primary way of fighting, it's always secondary to either magic or weapons. Therefore I will argue that the smash version isn't a "true" Ganondorf.
Becaus while Ganondorf haven't been playable outside of smash (untill HW), he's a boss and has multiple clear fighting styles and the only his smash is even close to is TP, which uses a kick and an elbow thrust to support his sword fighting.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Alright, Morbid, read your whole post. You made your point, which I already agreed with.

Unless you are alluding to the post where you basically agree with me; in that case, okay... agreed? I was focusing on one aspect of your post, if that helps.
Yeah, I mostly agree with you.

That one sentence fragment is the basis of my entire response. So if it appeared that I did not read the rest of your posts because I responded to this one statement, I apologize. It was the only aspect of the argument that I was disagreeing with.
Sorry it offended you, I didn't mean to imply anything by it. I was simply stating that those who are not only completely fine with Ganondorf's moveset but don't want it changed at all (not even if the original moveset was given to Black Shadow, thus keeping it) are not going to have many sympathizers. I didn't mean their opinions were worthless or that fans that wanted a new Ganondorf were more influential. It was just me making an observation. That's what I meant when I thought you didn't read my post--that keeping Ganondorf the same was more unpopular among the fanbase than changing him. I was not saying it SHOULD happen, or anything.

I hope you have a better understanding now.

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
-
I can give a try to this:

-His idle animation would be him floating with his arms crossed. Defiant and confident.
-His walking animation would be himself floating with his body slightly going to the front.
-His falcon punch, i covered it some pages ago. Basically an overhead variation from Cfalcon´s one, with meteor smash properties.
-Side B can stay. Dark choke is cool.
-DownB needs to go. I would implement some kind of force slam that sends enemies airborne and set them for comboing or a finisher. Think about a variation of Ike´s neutral B, weaker, not chargeable, but Ganon would be able to follow up the move much quicker unlike Ike who has a great amount of Lag after using it.
-Up B could be something in the lines of the Lucario upB, but with ganon covered in dark flames and able to hit foes with it. Something like a combination of Lucario´s upB and Fox upB.
-His neutral Air should be changed to something more wizadry and AOEish. Something in the lines of a quick move that can enable him to win trade in the air and be used as a quick "get off me" move... or a finisher in case of high %. Think about something in the lines of the sexkicks from samus and doctor mario from melee.

-The rest of his A moves could stay. Althought his jab could get some kind o AOE effect because there are far too many characters who can duck it by just crouching. Not cool

For his Alternate moves, Neutral B for example, could be the dead man´s volley everyone wants. (But i think this could be tricky because it can even harm ganondorf , and also could deviate the main battle to this minigame everytime the ganon player decides to throw one).
Nice! I love the idle animation, how about adding these:
-jab is a quick backhanded slap that sends opponents on a semi-spike trajectory and reflects projectiles.
-smashes summon a dark weapon for long reaching, powerful attacks. The weapon disappears after the attack is over.
-Up smash is a vertical sword slash from the ground to a little over his head.
-forward smash is a trident stab with high knockback.
-down smash is a spinning sword slash slightly above the ground (kind of like in ashingda's trifoce ganon mod).
-forward tilt is faster.
-up tilt is an uppercut with dark energy swirling around his fist.
-down tilt is a stomp that meteor smashes.
-neutral B is dead man's volley (only link/toon link's sword and reflectors can reflect it, instead just of any remotely powerful move)
-an alternate down B could be the dark waves from OoT. He would take about half a second to raise his hand, then he would release a short range pulse that paralyzes opponents.
-up air (I think this is the only aerial that doesn't suit him) would be the spinning uppercut that he does at the end of his up B.

I feel that these moves would really represent the various versions of ganon

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Loved the ide of the weapon summoning smashes. Those weapons could be even in "flame" form, and after using it they would vanish in the same way they appeared. I mean, instead of summoning a physical weapon, he could summon the form of said weapon but with his dark flames...and perform the attack.
For his down smash, he could summon the blades the monster ganon used in OoT (of course with the size properly adjusted), in ethereal black flame form and smash the ground, ala DK downsmash.

Lol and i liked the jab idea. It reflecting every proyectile would be so badass and unique. Even could be imbalanced XD. Lets say it will return low damage proyectiles... it will not return full charged shots like Samus´s or return physical objects like crates and bombs. It will return just low dmg things like fireballs from the different characters. Sounds really cool and would help him a lot against campers who made a meal out of him in Brawl.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
-

Nice! I love the idle animation, how about adding these:
-jab is a quick backhanded slap that sends opponents on a semi-spike trajectory and reflects projectiles.
-smashes summon a dark weapon for long reaching, powerful attacks. The weapon disappears after the attack is over.
-Up smash is a vertical sword slash from the ground to a little over his head.
-forward smash is a trident stab with high knockback.
-down smash is a spinning sword slash slightly above the ground (kind of like in ashingda's trifoce ganon mod).
-forward tilt is faster.
-up tilt is an uppercut with dark energy swirling around his fist.
-down tilt is a stomp that meteor smashes.
-neutral B is dead man's volley (only link/toon link's sword and reflectors can reflect it, instead just of any remotely powerful move)
-an alternate down B could be the dark waves from OoT. He would take about half a second to raise his hand, then he would release a short range pulse that paralyzes opponents.
-up air (I think this is the only aerial that doesn't suit him) would be the spinning uppercut that he does at the end of his up B.

I feel that these moves would really represent the various versions of ganon
I like all your ideas! But ill also add that Nair really doesn't suit him either... I would have a magic "shield" around him that captures the opponent and when the move is done it send the opponent away (something like Mew2's Nair or in Ashingda's Triforce mod Wizard Nair

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Sakurai makes the decisions regarding game-development, it does not matter if the majority of LoZ fans want a new move-set, it does not matter if the majority of LoZ fans do not want Ganon to be changed at all. He has the final decision and I asserted that, more likely than not; based on the precedent, he was going to prioritize the same party he did in Brawl. The current Ganon mains who are accustomed to Ganon's move-set.
I don't really see this as making sense.

Obviously Sakurai is free to do as he pleases, but I don't think his treatment of Ganondorf is consistent with other characters.

1. Buffing or balancing Ganondorf or any other very high or low tier character will often involve significant changes. I don't think he should cater to those who prefer him to be trash tier. Giving him some new moves is a good way of both differentiating him and improving him. If he's not completely revamped (as he would be changing him to a sword-based move set) they wouldn't be screwed over anyway. I played him a lot in Melee and sometimes in Brawl (definitely not as fun as Melee) but I don't see why anyone should cry if he's not exactly the same - things need to change otherwise he might as well just port Melee over to the Wii U and call it a day.

2. More importantly, characters such as Pit, Bowser, and ZSS got revamped move sets. This is despite Pit and Bowser especially already having fairly accurate move sets in the first place. And Pit and ZSS didn't require buffs in the first place, they were already pretty good. So why does Sakurai not care about their mains from Brawl? He changed their move sets around, forcing those who enjoyed Pit, ZSS and Bowser's old move sets to just deal with it. Meanwhile, he will put Falcondorf supporters first despite Ganondorf having pretty much the least fitting/accurate move set of them all? And for one of Nintendo's most famous characters?

You were responding to someone's opinion that LoZ fans were more important than Falcondorf supporters. Well, in the sense of which one Sakurai will satisfy, you're probably right. But that doesn't make it a good decision, and there's nothing wrong with criticizing it. There are probably more Zelda fans than Falcondorf diehards - especially after the debacle that was Brawl Ganondorf - and that makes it a poorer decision as well.

Smash Bros is a game about fan service and celebrating Nintendo's history. And as he is in Brawl, Ganondorf's representation is a spit in the face to his role in Zelda series. The contrast between his treatment and Mega Man's is huge. For people who love Zelda and his role in it, it's poor fan service... you see them lovingly construct tributes to Mega Man's history, or Pac-Man and Namco's history, or interesting ways to represent Robin or Palutena, etc. and meanwhile one of your favorite characters? A lazy rendition justified by inertia (cuz people were so attached to sucking with Falcon's move set).

Yes, Falcondorf mains are fans too but as I pointed out... He was trash tier anyway, and so some new moves to shake things up would be welcome anyway. Sakurai has cut characters and changed characters significantly - their fans just have to deal with it. If he's going to revamp someone like he did with Pit, Bowser and ZSS - he might as well do it to a character where there's demand for it and the character needs significant changes for balance anyway. He would please a whole lot more people by throwing the Zelda fans a bone while simultaneously improving Ganondorf's game than he will be keeping him the same, which as I pointed out, is a boring thing to do in a sequel anyway.

I think Sakurai is dead wrong if he thinks keeping Ganondorf largely unchanged from Brawl is a good idea (of course he might just be running into time constraints... in which case I will say I wish he had prioritized Ganondorf over rocket heels and such, but it would be more understandable). You're free to disagree, but there's nothing wrong with me thinking so nor with expressing the opinion that... yeah, Falcondorf's die-hards who don't want him to change at all shouldn't get what they want.

FalconBrofist

Smash Cadet
Sakurai is known for his trolling. and I think that manifests in Ganondorf

I think sakurai wants to make falcondorf/ganon not ever using his sword a running gag in the series or something

just wanted to say that, didnt really read anything else in this thread

anyway my ideal scenario:
Falcondorf - looks like Oot/Melee Ganon, running animation is melee's, not trash tier
'True' Ganon - Sword ganon with brawl model and 'accurate' series representation

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
I like all your ideas! But ill also add that Nair really doesn't suit him either... I would have a magic "shield" around him that captures the opponent and when the move is done it send the opponent away (something like Mew2's Nair or in Ashingda's Triforce mod Wizard Nair
completely forgot about Nair, how about his nair just being an aerial version of his jab? altho the magic thing does sound cool

Last edited:

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
You don't have to change a character to make him good. Watch:

Reduce landing lag, reduce startup, increase damage, bigger hitboxes, runs faster, up-b goes farther. There you go, top tier. :p

Edit: That said, changes can (obviously) change how viable a character is without looking like straight-up buffs.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't really see this as making sense.

Obviously Sakurai is free to do as he pleases, but I don't think his treatment of Ganondorf is consistent with other characters.

1. Buffing or balancing Ganondorf or any other very high or low tier character will often involve significant changes. I don't think he should cater to those who prefer him to be trash tier. Giving him some new moves is a good way of both differentiating him and improving him. If he's not completely revamped (as he would be changing him to a sword-based move set) they wouldn't be screwed over anyway. I played him a lot in Melee and sometimes in Brawl (definitely not as fun as Melee) but I don't see why anyone should cry if he's not exactly the same - things need to change otherwise he might as well just port Melee over to the Wii U and call it a day.

2. More importantly, characters such as Pit, Bowser, and ZSS got revamped move sets. This is despite Pit and Bowser especially already having fairly accurate move sets in the first place. And Pit and ZSS didn't require buffs in the first place, they were already pretty good. So why does Sakurai not care about their mains from Brawl? He changed their move sets around, forcing those who enjoyed Pit, ZSS and Bowser's old move sets to just deal with it. Meanwhile, he will put Falcondorf supporters first despite Ganondorf having pretty much the least fitting/accurate move set of them all? And for one of Nintendo's most famous characters?

You were responding to someone's opinion that LoZ fans were more important than Falcondorf supporters. Well, in the sense of which one Sakurai will satisfy, you're probably right. But that doesn't make it a good decision, and there's nothing wrong with criticizing it. There are probably more Zelda fans than Falcondorf diehards - especially after the debacle that was Brawl Ganondorf - and that makes it a poorer decision as well.

Smash Bros is a game about fan service and celebrating Nintendo's history. And as he is in Brawl, Ganondorf's representation is a spit in the face to his role in Zelda series. The contrast between his treatment and Mega Man's is huge. For people who love Zelda and his role in it, it's poor fan service... you see them lovingly construct tributes to Mega Man's history, or Pac-Man and Namco's history, or interesting ways to represent Robin or Palutena, etc. and meanwhile one of your favorite characters? A lazy rendition justified by inertia (cuz people were so attached to sucking with Falcon's move set).

Yes, Falcondorf mains are fans too but as I pointed out... He was trash tier anyway, and so some new moves to shake things up would be welcome anyway. Sakurai has cut characters and changed characters significantly - their fans just have to deal with it. If he's going to revamp someone like he did with Pit, Bowser and ZSS - he might as well do it to a character where there's demand for it and the character needs significant changes for balance anyway. He would please a whole lot more people by throwing the Zelda fans a bone while simultaneously improving Ganondorf's game than he will be keeping him the same, which as I pointed out, is a boring thing to do in a sequel anyway.

I think Sakurai is dead wrong if he thinks keeping Ganondorf largely unchanged from Brawl is a good idea (of course he might just be running into time constraints... in which case I will say I wish he had prioritized Ganondorf over rocket heels and such, but it would be more understandable). You're free to disagree, but there's nothing wrong with me thinking so nor with expressing the opinion that... yeah, Falcondorf's die-hards who don't want him to change at all shouldn't get what they want.
1. First of all, please quote where I asserted he would not change in any capacity. I would recomend that you do not even try as I never stated anything to that effect. I expect Ganondorf to have some new moves, to the same effect as Bowser or Pit, even. I do not; however, expect him to scrap Ganondorf's move-set and give him an entirely new move-set that is faithful to his character in a different franchise. I am not delusional. Secondly, Ganondorf's tier is not material to his move-set., most fans do not prefer him to be "trash" tier, they prefer that he keeps certain aspects of his move-set even if they are cloned moves. For instance, d-air. If any Ganon main wants that changed, they should probably pick a different main. Basically, they can buff him without changing his move-set, not that I would recommend it.

2. Again, this is a pathetic straw-man fallacy. I have no idea where you misconstrued this notion. If it was not overt, I do believe that Sakurai will update his move-set.

3. I never stated it was a good decision either. I stated that it was, more likely than not, going to be his decision based on apt precedent. Sure, he has a right to criticize the Ganondorf's treatment. No one disputes that...except for me, apparently.

4. I agree, it does not mean that I believe it will happen. I can discern want from chance.

5. Yep.

6. I do not; however, the notion is subjective as you mentioned. It does not matter in the end as us die-hard Falcondorf fans are going to get what we want. :troll:

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
He would please a whole lot more people by throwing the Zelda fans a bone while simultaneously improving Ganondorf's game than he will be keeping him the same, which as I pointed out, is a boring thing to do in a sequel anyway.
thanks for this, it had to be said,

and also he doesnt even have to totally revamp falcondorf.... but give him more original flavor and luigify him even more.

my last hope is that his custom moves will really do this.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
noooo falcondorf...confirmed

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Most of them want changes.
People who want no changes are clearly a very tiny minority
You should know that the majority doesn't always mean "correct"

Ganon's moveset was a decision that was made, and until now they have stuck with that decision. If you don't like it, don't play as ganon, that simple. The amount of melodramatic complaining here is ridiculous.

I personally love his moveset/ game feel. If almost any of his attacks are replaced (except maybe up tilt) i'll be upset.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
You should know that the majority doesn't always mean "correct".
Very true quote bro, but that doesn't apply to this situation since there is no correct in this situation. It's a subjective matter.

But the objective in a matter like this is generally:
1) to appeal to a large amount of fans
2) to stay true to the character/series
and 3) to make the character fun and unique to play as
These are basically just paraphrasings and put togethers of things Sakurai has said over the years.

But none of these typical smash character objectives have been met with Ganondorf.
It appears to me alot like they just ran out of time. Ganondorf was too low on Sakurai's priority list to get a redo under the time constraints.

If you don't like it, don't play as ganon, that simple. The amount of melodramatic complaining here is ridiculous.
If you don't like reading different opinions, don't come into the ganon thread, that simple. The amount of hypocritical judgemental-ism here is ridiculous.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Imagine if that accidentally revealed a newcomer that wasn't part of the leaked roster, like Ridley or Dixie Kong...

But seeing that reminded me of the time when Nintendo accidentally leaked Lucario, Ness, and Jigglypuff in Brawl.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So from what we've seen of the leak. Ganon hasn't been changed too much. I had heard that his Down-B acts differently in the air now. But I don't know if this is true.

Perhaps Ganon's variant attacks will be very different. Imagine a Warlock Punch that turns into a projectile. That'd be awesome to see.

AugsEU

Smash Cadet
Here are some comparison shots:

Melee:

PM/Brawl:

The Brawl one looks very much like Ganon in that photo, while the Melee one is at a bit of a different angle. Though all have that Iconic idle animation.

Last edited:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
maybe sakurai will reveal him soon?

AugsEU

Smash Cadet
He wasn't revealed before Brawl or Melee. I don't think he is going to get revealed, if he were, it would be along side someone else. But I imagine those cut-scenes take a while to make, with only 15 days left to the Japan release it seems like Shulk is their last reveal trailer.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
He wasn't revealed before Brawl or Melee. I don't think he is going to get revealed, if he were, it would be along side someone else. But I imagine those cut-scenes take a while to make, with only 15 days left to the Japan release it seems like Shulk is their last reveal trailer.
o i never knew but they may have one more reval trailer for bowser jr

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
o i never knew but they may have one more reval trailer for bowser jr
Or Duck Hunt. But it's good to see official confirmation of Ganondorf, even if it is technically a leak...

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Or Duck Hunt. But it's good to see official confirmation of Ganondorf, even if it is technically a leak...
yea or maybe dark pit and duck hunt revaled together dpit flying through the sky ducks surround him and he's hit falls and that iconic stupid laugh

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
yea or maybe dark pit and duck hunt revaled together dpit flying through the sky ducks surround him and he's hit falls and that iconic stupid laugh
That would actually be really cool.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Man I hope he at least has a new f smash and Dead man's volley for B otherwise ill be really, REALLY! disappointed

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Man I hope he at least has a new f smash and Dead man's volley for B otherwise ill be really, REALLY! disappointed
i dont think he will have a new fsmash and maybe his custom b will be better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom