• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

infomon

Smash Scientist
holy melodramatic much

let's face it: Sakurai keeps Ganon's moveset because he likes this moveset. It's not a clone, it's now canon -- it is Ganon's moves. They suit him somehow.

Brawl Ganondorf was amazing, soooo silly and fun. Also Gdorf was beast-mode in SSE. Sakurai loves this Ganondorf.

If he switched up the moveset entirely it would be... something different, it wouldn't be the Smashondorf anymore that we know and love. That up-tilt, is just.... wow. And the Dair stomp. It's all so him.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
holy melodramatic much

let's face it: Sakurai keeps Ganon's moveset because he likes this moveset. It's not a clone, it's now canon -- it is Ganon's moves. They suit him somehow.

Brawl Ganondorf was amazing, soooo silly and fun. Also Gdorf was beast-mode in SSE. Sakurai loves this Ganondorf.

If he switched up the moveset entirely it would be... something different, it wouldn't be the Smashondorf anymore that we know and love. That up-tilt, is just.... wow. And the Dair stomp. It's all so him.
Ok, let me get this straight...

You are saying that we have to suck it up because Sakurai loves to play his clone Ganon?.

What about being a little more respectful to fans and proffesional, and think about a whole planet who wants to see their favourite character respresented like how he should be portrayed, instead of what Saks wants.

I know he is the director, but hey, he should be more respectful and sacrifice his individual desires for the sake of the character. It is stupid beyond belief if the excuse of the current ganon state is because Sak doesnt want to change his main. FFS.

He IS a clone. He got luigified but in essence he continues being a capt falcon clone until proven otherwise. After 14 years, this is utterly disrecpectful and lazy form his part.

Think for a second what u wrote.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Pfft I don't mind Falcondorf that much (moslty because I saw it coming). I do still think he should have a special that is entirely different. We saw upB is the same so far, anything else? Maybe change Wizard's Foot or Warlock Punch for an dark energy projectile or ground smash.
But I know I would miss things like the Dair and the choke hold if they were gone.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Pfft I don't mind Falcondorf that much (moslty because I saw it coming). I do still think he should have a special that is entirely different. We saw upB is the same so far, anything else? Maybe change Wizard's Foot or Warlock Punch for an dark energy projectile or ground smash.
But I know I would miss things like the Dair and the choke hold if they were gone.
Honestly, if they just changed the Warlock Punch to a projectile, i would be fine. I like the brutality of his moves at it is. Flame Choke is perfect for showcasing that.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, if they just changed the Warlock Punch to a projectile, i would be fine. I like the brutality of his moves at it is. Flame Choke is perfect for showcasing that.
Flame Choke is my favorite move of Dorfs. Especially using it over the cliff.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Flame choke is a cool move, it can stay. The Dair could stay too as it is pretty brutal.
What irks me is that sak doesnt even took the time to give him more flavour, like adding more flame sprites of varying it a little more. Still, we have not seen the whole package so we will have to wait his alt B moves and the rest of his A moves to judge

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
He could have kept; Dair, Flame Choke, Fair, Sparta kick, Up b and just tweak them enough to look unique and more "warlock looking" like Purple flame trail to Fair (I do like that animation after Up B though) He could kept (maybe he did?) warlock punch but just made it his Fsmash. But he does need to alter Neutral B and Down B so many options to choose from, even he still wanted to keep the hand to hand feel. That's why this "hurts" so much because there are soooooooo many options....

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
For example, if Sak is so adamant in keeping ganon´s core as it is.... he can at least change some moves to get even more luigified and far from Cfalcon.

Just an example:
The ganon punch, instead of being a vile copy of falcon´s.... could have been a charged punch, coming from above the head in an arc (think about little mac´s dash attack minus the dash and the jump before he sweeps his arm in an arc). Instead of sending you flying like the Fpunch, it will slam you brutally to the ground with meteor smash properties, thens ending you flying diagonally backwards and upwards.

Imagine something like getting a ganon Dair but stronger. And of course, if it connects midair... it will catapult you downwards like a super meteor smash.

Those are the little details i want from Sak to have with the clones. Diferentiate them. From all the clones... Ganon definitely deserve more attention, as he is oen of the main villains of nintendo

Last edited:

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
He could have kept; Dair, Flame Choke, Fair, Sparta kick, Up b and just tweak them enough to look unique and more "warlock looking" like Purple flame trail to Fair (I do like that animation after Up B though) He could kept (maybe he did?) warlock punch but just made it his Fsmash. But he does need to alter Neutral B and Down B so many options to choose from, even he still wanted to keep the hand to hand feel. That's why this "hurts" so much because there are soooooooo many options....
Exactly,!!

I dont mind him even keeping his hand to hand brutality... but man...flavor it at least. make it feel special and unique.... not just a falcon carbon copy.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
In fact, changing the animations would help a lot. Even if he works the same as in Brawl, having new animations would make him feel new. They should try to make him look more brutal and ruthless.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Y'all are starting to convince me, even just a bit.
Ganon needs a head-butt. That would be so brutal lol.
Instead of the Dark CHoke, he can have your dark headbutt.
He runs at you, grab you by the shirt, and then headbutts you into oblivion. Even better, he headsbutt the fore repeated times making them scream with each headbutt ( ohhh this would be delicious in Pikachu and MArth)

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
In fact, changing the animations would help a lot. Even if he works the same as in Brawl, having new animations would make him feel new. They should try to make him look more brutal and ruthless.
Listen to this man

Hokori

Great King of Evil
That wasn't a Smash Run match we saw in the leaked vid he was in.
Care to explain how you reached that conclusion? From what we've gathered, it definitely was a Smash Run match. Ganondorf may not have been buffed like Lucina, but we really don't know his true stats (run speed for example) yet.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Lucina is buffed=?
From the 'Smash' title at the top of the screen to the batch of leaked images that surfaced showing a pic displaying Smash Run buffs for the characters from the video, ultimately confirming Team Smash Run.

But we'll cut the Smash Run/Leak talk here.

Honestly, as long as Ganondorf is at least decent in this game, I'll be able to live with whatever at the end of the day.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
From the 'Smash' title at the top of the screen to the batch of leaked images that surfaced showing a pic displaying Smash Run buffs for the characters from the video, ultimately confirming Team Smash Run.

Honestly, as long as Ganondorf is at least decent in this game, I'll be able to live with whatever at the end of the day.
Explains why Ganon was moving faster than usual. Kind of looked weird when I was watching it.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur

Ok sorry for my ignorance but i still dont undertsand.

Can i get a link of those smash run buffs to characters?.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
OK guys lets be real

There better be a purple alt this time. Purpledorf in Melee is Bestdorf.

Hokori

Great King of Evil

Take notice of that speed

OK guys lets be real

There better be a purple alt this time. Purpledorf in Melee is Bestdorf.
I was just playing some Melee not too long ago and thought the same thing. Looks like we'll be getting plenty of swaps/costumes this go 'round, so I'm liking our chances :shades:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hey guys, I wanted to congratulate you on getting your demon king back! ^^ I'm excited to have this big, bad...guy? Beast? ...thing back in the game!
Honestly, there was no doubt, but I'm still happy...regardless.
Hope Sakurai gives him custom moves that suit the evil that courses through his veins. Even the badest of the bad guys need some love. <3

Polo

Smash Cadet
It's good to see Ganondorf back, even if it currently looks like he hasn't changed much.

Ever since I saw that Palutena and the Miis were getting unique custom movesets, I've felt like it would be possible for Ganondorf to have custom specials that are completely unique to his default specials, allowing him to have new specials without upsetting those who liked his Melee/Brawl specials.
I'm not sure, but I think Sakurai said in the past that he didn't like changing characters too drastically between Smash Bros. games, because there were always fans of each character's playstyle (or words to that effect). Custom movesets give Sakurai the opportunity to give Ganondorf a new special moveset AND keep his old "Falcondorf" specials as alternate specials, for those who liked how he played in past games.

In my opinion, doing this would have made a lot of sense, especially as Ganondorf getting extra specials would help to make up for LoZ potentially getting no newcomers this game (which seems increasingly likely, unfortunately).

However, from what we've seen, I would assume that the Falcondorf specials are the default ones, since they are all we've seen. If Ganondorf did have new moves, I would have expected the new moves to be the default ones, so I'm not really confident that my theory is true at the moment.
If Ganondorf is officially revealed before release with the Falcondorf moveset, and we have another direct before the game comes out, then perhaps Sakurai could dedicate a section of the direct to Ganondorf, where he reveals and talks about his previously-secret new custom specials, but that seems like wishful thinking.

To be honest, I really don't mind the Falcondorf moveset itself, as it can be quite fun to use (especially Flame Choke) and feels surprisingly different to Captain Falcon's, due to how much slower and more powerful it feels. What bothers me is the fact that this moveset is attached to a character who has so much potential from his games for an incredible and unique moveset; it just feels like a wasted opportunity.

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Flame choke is a cool move, it can stay. The Dair could stay too as it is pretty brutal.
What irks me is that sak doesnt even took the time to give him more flavour, like adding more flame sprites of varying it a little more. Still, we have not seen the whole package so we will have to wait his alt B moves and the rest of his A moves to judge
your complaint is unjustified since we literally seen only like 6 moves preformed.
Bowser this time around got a change to running speed. and had THREE moves changed and one altered slightly
there is still plenty moves to check for bud.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I for one am glad that Ganon mains get to keep their old movseset. Why force people to have to abandon their main after so many years? Yeah it's not that accurate to Zelda but that shouldn't be priority in Smash. Priority should be a fun moveset. Nothing's more fun than landing a Ganondorf dair. He plays so differently from Falcon you can hardly tell he's a semi-clone.

Last edited:

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
your complaint is unjustified since we literally seen only like 6 moves preformed.
Bowser this time around got a change to running speed. and had THREE moves changed and one altered slightly
there is still plenty moves to check for bud.
, we have not seen the whole package so we will have to wait his alt B moves and the rest of his A moves to judge

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
I for one am glad that Ganon mains get to keep their old movseset. Why force people to have to abandon their main after so many years? Yeah it's not that accurate to Zelda but that shouldn't be priority in Smash. Priority should be a fun moveset. Nothing's more fun than landing a Ganondorf dair. He plays so differently from Falcon you can hardly tell he's a semi-clone.
Dair is going to be demonic now since you can bounce people in the air as well.

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
As someone with a lot of love for the ganonforce, I think melee ganondorf concept was good for what it was (the same way we excuse some n64 flaws because it's an old game), but then brawl should have done more stuff to ganon so that he wouldn't be as much of a clone. If he's like what we saw in the supposed leaks I'll be dissapointed, and I probably won't use him anymore in the new smash game.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I can understand ganondorf mains not wanting change, but giving him a new move or two to work with wouldnt have hurt anything. Zelda got a new move, many other characters got new moves, but no ganondorf as he looks now is unchanged. And that lack of change is what bugs me the most about smash bros sometimes, the lack of change makes the veterans look boring in comparison because they have nothing new to offer and no new abilities to learn make use of, all thats left to learn now is the ins and outs of this games engines and the effects of those moves. Especially in the case of ganondorf who could easily have had a few moves that reflect his character far more, and still keep some of what he had before. All the zelda characters keeping their TP designs has just been weak IMO, as a link main ive become bored of my favorite character and main because of the lack of change.

Im just very disappointed that these characters who are huge, and in their own games change from game to game more then any of the other smash bros characters are to remain stagnant for the next 8 years or so. It is a damn shame

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
It'll stay the same because Sakurai mains Ganondorf, **** the actual Zelda fans right?

At least he's adding more and more KI reps, yay...suprised we don't get two more Kirby characters too.

We will always have Hyrule Warriors and can **** **** up with a real incarnation of Ganondorf, the way he should be. I wonder if Sakurai even saw that.

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
I can understand ganondorf mains not wanting change, but giving him a new move or two to work with wouldnt have hurt anything. Zelda got a new move, many other characters got new moves, but no ganondorf as he looks now is unchanged. And that lack of change is what bugs me the most about smash bros sometimes, the lack of change makes the veterans look boring in comparison because they have nothing new to offer and no new abilities to learn make use of, all thats left to learn now is the ins and outs of this games engines and the effects of those moves. Especially in the case of ganondorf who could easily have had a few moves that reflect his character far more, and still keep some of what he had before. All the zelda characters keeping their TP designs has just been weak IMO, as a link main ive become bored of my favorite character and main because of the lack of change.

Im just very disappointed that these characters who are huge, and in their own games change from game to game more then any of the other smash bros characters are to remain stagnant for the next 8 years or so. It is a damn shame
dude we seen less than a third of his move set. bowser got 4 moves changed out of 24 inputs.
we seen like 6 of gdorf. lets just wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom