• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
If Sakurai put ganondorf in with the correct moves, it'd result in no other character being used. To op 4 smash.

But yeah, I don't mind falcondorf altogether. I Like falcon, I like dorf. All good.

LOL DUDE

Smash Cadet
I'm sure that it has been discussed here, but I like to think of Ashingda's Triforce Ganondorf mod when thinking of how to re-do his moveset.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5ZbfH7IAPo&list=UU0kr8LlfzuZFCd2I0Kv4y5w
However, rather than have him have three different movesets, I thought that his normals could utilize his sword and his specials would utilize magic. This could let him represent both his OoT and TP appearances at the same time.

And another thing: I think, if at any point his moveset is to be revamped, he should keep Flame Choke as his side-special. Its utilization is quite different from Raptor Boost, I feel.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Remake or not - Ganon's gonna be more competitive come ssb4 than he is in Brawl.
I can feel it in my purple blood.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Remake or not - Ganon's gonna be more competitive come ssb4 than he is in Brawl.
I can feel it in my purple blood.
You can't really get much worse than being the worst character in the game. 99% sure he'll not be the worst this time.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
You can't really get much worse than being the worst character in the game. 99% sure he'll not be the worst this time.
That will unfortunately be Marth

Nah, he's not that bad. But he definitely won't be as good as his past self. I hope Ganon can at least move up a little bit.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
"pick of the day: since Ganondorf was so over powered in brawl, we have replaced flame choke with the gerudo dragon move from melee. We have also made him weaker so that you won't have to worry any of his moves now"
We worried about his moves before? His only good moves were Flame Choke, which couldn't kill, dair, which was avoidable, and Uair.

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
We worried about his moves before? His only good moves were Flame Choke, which couldn't kill, dair, which was avoidable, and Uair.
It was a joke, heres another one: "Pick of the day: it was so sad that meta knight wasn't any good in brawl, so we took away ALL of his startup and ending lag and made his smash attacks kill at 80%"

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
So, sees like we won't be waiting long to find out if the 'dorf is in!

Me Gusta!
ummm.... not sure if sarcastic, but if not he was pretty much confirmed in the leak AND Nintendo leaked him very briefly by accident in a 3DS "trailer/commercial" they actually replaced the video they leaked him on.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Honestly, I just hope they've changed his B move to dead man's volley, and maybe added a new down b. I understand keeping his old play style, but I think at least replacing his neutral B would improve the way he felt.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hoping Ganondorf gets unlocked soon so we can see those other specials, how much lag his aerials have, alts, etc.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Can't wait for some Dorf combos. Hopefully that will be enough to make me swallow the salt that appeared when I saw Falcondorf in that leak.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Do we get Captaindorf again? I hope we don't or Ganondorf at least gets some new moves or buffs under his arsenal.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Do we get Captaindorf again? I hope we don't or Ganondorf at least gets some new moves or buffs under his arsenal.
Falcondorf is confirmed. I didn't see anything new unfortunately. :/ He is faster at least.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Still has Ganon Punch. All of his moves seem basically the same from Brawl, though Dark Dive at least looks stronger.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Looks like nothing changed... Even the worst move ever, Warlock Punch. Why u do dis sakurai?

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
That pose isn't very intimidating. He looks a bit like he's inspecting his nail varnish rather than clenching his fist with power.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
*Sigh*

Will this make two official Smash titles in a row where I don't use the Great King of Evil? :(

How are his aerials looking? Landing lag wise.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
*Sigh*

Will this make two official Smash titles in a row where I don't use the Great King of Evil? :(

His U-Air seems to have next to no landing lag. So that's pretty great. Other than that, I dunno. :/

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Dair has a ton of landing lag, It looks like fair does too. Aerial Wizard Kick as well........................... He doesn't look as powerful as Bowser either. :(
*Sigh*

Hokori

Great King of Evil
His U-Air seems to have next to no landing lag. So that's pretty great. Other than that, I dunno. :/
Alright, that's pretty nice. I noticed that D-Air had a good amount of landing lag, but that was to be expected since it was out of a possible auto cancel window.

Dair has a ton of landing lag, It looks like fair does too. Aerial Wizard Kick as well........................... He doesn't look as powerful as Bowser either. :(
As for the D-Air, how close was it used to the ground? Same with F-Air.

I saw Wizard Foot and wasn't too happy with it either...Flame Choke will probably be the only relevant special once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom