• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Alright, that's pretty nice. I noticed that D-Air had a good amount of landing lag, but that was to be expected since it was out of a possible auto cancel window.

As for the D-Air, how close was it used to the ground? Same with F-Air.

I saw Wizard Foot and wasn't too happy with it either...Flame Choke will probably be the only relevant special once again.
They were short hops I believe. His ftilt looks pretty good though... It broke a smash ball in one hit.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Sakurai completely failed with Ganondorf AGAIN! 3 times in a row already... If his custom specials aren't good and represent him from LoZ we should demand him to be changed either by patching or DLC. I don't care this is ridicules already.

Also that pose isn't that great either... doesn't look menacing at all. Sakurai should let someone else be in charge of Ganondorf cause he keeps dropping the ball with him, what a joke...

is his grab range still trash? does warlock punch at least have super armor?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Grab ranges around the board seem to have been nerfed, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that Ganondorf's still laughable. Not sure about SA on Warlock Punch either. Doubt it.

*shrugs*

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
From what i saw with the demo , speedy pricks like Mario and Villager will simply pwn. Nothing seems to have changed from previous titles regarding this issue of little chars being more agile and deadly. Everytime one of the plaers payed link, he had a hell of a time trying to keep away mario or villagers attacks, which are super fast and have nice priority.

I can see Ganondorf struggling a lot once again, as he seem to have just too much lag all around from what im reading here. It saddens me

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The most noticeable thing about Ganondorf so far is that his Smash attacks are insane. His F-Smash did 25% uncharged and KO'd Link at ~80% near the middle of Gerudo Valley, while his U-Smash did 35% when half-way charged. His U-Air, F-Tilt and F-Air are also a bit faster.

Overall I'm a bit worried that these buffs won't be enough though, he still seems rather predictable, but we'll see.

Last edited:

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Maybe they will balance him around being a one hit wonder?. If that teh case, i hope he really kill squishies like mario and villager in 3 blows then. This way he can kill the lightweights at 50% or so with a moderately charged smash.

That would be at least cool in the sen he would be a nuker.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
After seeing Gema play with the Dorf, I have my faith restored. We'll see how this goes folks.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Maybe they will balance him around being a one hit wonder?. If that teh case, i hope he really kill squishies like mario and villager in 3 blows then. This way he can kill the lightweights at 50% or so with a moderately charged smash.

That would be at least cool in the sen he would be a nuker.
I'm pretty sure F-Smash did around 25% uncharged in Brawl too. He actually was able to kill in around 4 hits in Brawl, but was too slow to get in on people with any kind of consistency, and was terrible at high levels of play because of how easy it was to play keep away against him. Incidentally, his status as a Bruiser who can take you out in the blink of an eye made him a fun character to play as, and this is the reason skilled players like Vermanubis drove Brawldorf's meta to levels that no one would ever bother to try with a character like Melee Kirby. I think some of his worst flaws probably won't be as bad in this game, but I don't see anything yet that makes me think he'll actually be any good this time around. So far, he looks like a lazy cut-and-paste job, and while I don't necessarily mind that he still has Brawldorf's general moveset, I don't see anything that indicates that the developers have been trying to revamp him to make him a more powerful character like they have with Bowser.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
View attachment 24778

It is so beautiful. :')
He looks less chubby and chunky than in Brawl. Hmm, I wonder if Ike and Ganondorf were sharing some fitness secrets. I wonder who their coach is... :4wiifit:? Maybe G-man and I-man cut a deal with her? They get stronger and she gets in the game?

Anyway, I'm guessing Ganondorf's dash is still his jog which was probably enforced by WFT so he'd have good form. :p

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
They were short hops I believe. His ftilt looks pretty good though... It broke a smash ball in one hit.
He did his Dair wrong if he wanted it to autocancel.

At least it is if the timing is the same as Brawl's.

Edit: I think he did it right once, looking at the footage I can't tell.

Uair definitely has no landing lag at all.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Dorf U-Air hype! I'm gonna make it work. :p

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
From what i heard, he is still a semi-clone. I am disappointed even more with the game. Any changes done from Brawl in this game? Something that can save him from garbage tier? Is he Falcondorf? Or Falcondork?
Anyone else notice that he has the scar from Twilight Princess this time around?
I think its hard to not notice...

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
I give up on Sakurai ever giving Ganondorf a faithful moveset. So lazy, seriously. Looks like it's back to never playing as Ganondorf for the 3rd time in a row.

106Ghost

Smash Rookie
Alright I used Ganondorf as my brawl secondary and I can tell you that from the various gameplay footage of him that his moves appear to be a lot faster. His warlock punch looks about the same speed as brawl's falcon punch, his dash attack appears to go further, his up-tilt looks faster and the explosion has a greater radius,his up smash is faster and appears to have more horizontal range, his neutral air is faster, his jab is faster, his f-tilt is faster, his u-air is faster, his dash is faster, and his down special is faster. The only thing that seems slower is his f-air. This is everything I noticed about Ganondorf.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Grab ranges around the board seem to have been nerfed, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that Ganondorf's still laughable. Not sure about SA on Warlock Punch either. Doubt it.

*shrugs*
Not all of them are nerfed. Mario for instance as I recall actually got better grab range. The tether grabs also have about the same range and were all buffed to have less ending lag.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Is it just me or does the wound in his chest seem more pronounced than in Brawl.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
My disappointment is immense. There were only 4 things I wanted in Smash (please don't flag me for this but I'm going to post these in all 4 relevant threads to save time and express the same idea).

1. Wolf (by far my favorite smasher. By far my favorite part of Brawl)
2. Mewtwo (Brawl felt empty without him, would've rounded out the Pokemon roster perfectly)
3. Dixie (DKC2 was one of my favorite games as a very young kid. DK series needed love. She would've been my main without Wolf).
4. An uncloned Ganondorf.

I would've taken any of them and been plenty happy. Not even all. Just one would have been alright. Especially if it was Wolf. I know Sakurai doesn't cater to anyone, but my wishlist wasn't farfetched, or outrageous, or unreasonable, or unpopular.

I got none of them. All I got...was Dark Pit and Kid Icarus a**-kissing. I love Sakurai, but man did he blow off his fanbase. How do you expect to sell a game to consumers that you ignore? Especially when said game is the saving grace of your parent's company's flagship system? Yeah, not everyone is going to agree, but it wasn't even "not seeing eye to eye" about everything. It was ignoring most of the West's requests outright. And cutting some very beloved veterans. We had A LOT of requests...but those we really wanted stood out far and above the rest. And they weren't even acknowledged.

Here's hoping for DLC, otherwise, my hype train has kinda derailed.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Right. Even Japan wanted an decloned Ganondorf. He knew. Believe me, Sakurai knew.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
So I heard something about Ganondorf's custom moves with some of them using his sword. Can someone confirm this for me? I want it to be true so bad

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Alright I used Ganondorf as my brawl secondary and I can tell you that from the various gameplay footage of him that his moves appear to be a lot faster. His warlock punch looks about the same speed as brawl's falcon punch, his dash attack appears to go further, his up-tilt looks faster and the explosion has a greater radius,his up smash is faster and appears to have more horizontal range, his neutral air is faster, his jab is faster, his f-tilt is faster, his u-air is faster, his dash is faster, and his down special is faster. The only thing that seems slower is his f-air. This is everything I noticed about Ganondorf.
As far as I can tell, two major points are:

1. He indeeed runs faster
2. His Dark Dive actually deals out stun. In Brawl, anyone over about 50% could NAir out of up-bs. So hurt a lot of his recovery options.

The primary thing I'm curious about is how they changed some of his properties. Like wizkick canceling, which was a tremendous mobility boost for Ganon, if you can follow-up after Gerudo chokes, etc. Those are two things I care about more than almost anything else.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I've seen lag on everyone attempting D-Air (on stream). Anyone know if we really can't AC D-Air anymore? :/

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Don't know if anyone has said this yet but there appears to be super armor on Ganondorf's dash attack now, pretty sure I got hit by a smash attack without budging. Don't know if this was the case in Brawl but I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom