• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Apparently Ganondorf feels like PM Ganondorf. Zipzo played him on stream and I got this info:

- His smashes are superb. I beleive two noncharged forward smashes got whoever he was facing up to 60%!
- Neutral Air does 17% if both kicks hit
- Up air is a fantastic, best, most spammable move out there. He has no landing lag during it, it's strong and has a crazy hitbox
- Back air is quick and has no landing lag, basically a kill move
- Down-Air has not auto cancel. Same ole thing
- You can attack right out of Flame Choke
- Down Throw still sets up for things, wasn't tested extensively.
- He runs faster

But basically, Ganondorf makes light work of the huge blastzones. His attacks are strong, he has kill moves that are quick and he can gimp offstage with up-air (potentially)

AND this is without his customs. Suffice to say, from what I saw, if you like PM ganondorf, you'll like this.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Apparently Ganondorf feels like PM Ganondorf. Zipzo played him on stream and I got this info:

- His smashes are superb. I beleive two noncharged forward smashes got whoever he was facing up to 60%!
- Up air is a fantastic, best, most spammable move out there. He has no landing lag during it, it's strong and has a crazy hitbox
- He runs faster

But basically, Ganondorf makes light work of the huge blastzones. His attacks are strong, he has kill moves that are quick and he can gimp offstage with up-air (potentially)

AND this is without his customs. Suffice to say, from what I saw, if you like PM ganondorf, you'll like this.
All good news, except...

Dair definitely autocanceled in Brawl (and PM? aside from L-cancel). Do you mean even if you use it immediately in a full jump the animation won't be done by the time you hit the ground? Maybe I should look up some video, cause that's sad :/

Thanks for the info though!

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil

- He runs faster

I definitely enjoy PM Dorf. I noticed N-Air has some lag in a short hop, could you confirm that? Really happy for U-Air and B-Air though. However, will definitely miss AC D-Air...

The Flame Choke and D-Throw news is nice too.

What's F-Air's and onstage D-Air's KO potential looking like? With their lag, they probably won't be getting as much use until KO percents *shrugs*

Also, did you test Wiz Foot edge canceling?

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Zipzo did very minimal stuff, he was blown away by the Up-air tho so he played him for a bit.

- He didn't try the ledge cancelled wizard foot sadly.
- Fair and Dair are just as strong as you'd imagine them. I think it's just trumped by Uair and Bair.
- Nair def had lag on it, but not as bad as Fair and Dair
- And yeah, Dair doesn't autocancel, I know sad :(

BUT don't take my word in stone, this is just observation. I am confident to say he looks way better then Brawl, and I feel happy to main him. He will be the powerhouse you know and love. BUT ACTUALLY VIABLE.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
You're positive DAir doesn't autocancel? Did he specifically experiment, or did he just flop whenever he attempted a DAir? 'Cause AC Dair takes timing, but I dunno if he knew that.

I'm beyond thrilled to hear about the buffs, but a DAir nerf would be tough to cope with.

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546

- He runs faster

If you like Ganondorf you would like this.

I'm happy to hear all those things, but his DAir not autocancelling is a huge disappointment

Have you any word on his dash attack? Strong? Weak? Super armour?

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Any body else disappointed with Ganondorf's (trophy) pose? Looks very meh and very awkward with that hand on the hip and arched back seems weird... In Melee he looked cocky and in Brawl he looked imposing in SSB4 he looks like he is trying too hard to look tough... I hope his other trophy poses look better.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Any body else disappointed with Ganondorf's (trophy) pose? Looks very meh and very awkward with that hand on the hip and arched back seems weird... In Melee he looked cocky and in Brawl he looked imposing in SSB4 he looks like he is trying too hard to look tough... I hope his other trophy poses look better.
It looks fine. I don't really care as long as he looks cool.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
your right he looks fine in game but still I was hoping for something more evil and menacing
Same but it's hard coming up with poses for returning characters without it looking like the same pose from the last game or whatever.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Is warlock punch usable? Does it have armor? Sorry, I just got to know if that move has a purpose :c

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yeah, the AC window for Dorf's D-Air is pretty tight, and I actually feel like it may be kind of difficult to pull off on the 3DS version if it's in...idk, that's just a thought.

On a related note, why can't we set Ganon as our smash 4 main? D:
We'll probably get it around the time when we get our icon for our sub-forum.

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
Sad to hear his D-Air doesn't auto-cancel anymore. Looks like he got some good buffs but sadly I've barely seen any Ganondorf play on most of the current livestreams.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
It was pretty tight in Brawl, too, but I'm not looking forward to such things on that awful stick though. Not to insult anyone's intelligence, but I don't know who's a Brawl player and who's not, but his AC DAir demanded a slide motion between buttons to execute, so the timing's always been pretty slick.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
It was pretty tight in Brawl, too, but I'm not looking forward to such things on that awful stick though. Not to insult anyone's intelligence, but I don't know who's a Brawl player and who's not, but his AC DAir demanded a slide motion between buttons to execute, so the timing's always been pretty slick.
That's a good point. 3DS buttons may be causing the problem here.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeah, Kalm, I think that's definitely what's up. To be honest, the choice of balances and nerfs so far tell me that Sakurai was aware of at least semi-high levels of play and player wants, so that being said, I can't imagine he'd take out the AC DAir.

Also, good to see you again, Kalm!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yeah, I was speaking on Brawl's timing. Tap jump on, flick up on the control stick and down on the C-stick pretty much at the same time.

But again, I'm pretty sure on my thoughts about things just being funky with the 3DS version's controls.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Yes, I agree. And I believe the New 3DS was probably created to suit the flaws the 3DS can't handle for such games.

Good to see you too, Verm. Let's try bringing Ganondorf up in the coming scene the way we couldn't in the previous game.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeah, I was speaking on Brawl's timing. Tap jump on, flick up on the control stick and down on the C-stick pretty much at the same time.

But again, I'm pretty sure on my thoughts about things just being funky with the 3DS version's controls.
Gotcha. Yeah, let's get a spirit bomb of hope going, 'cause, man... Ganon just wouldn't be the same without DAir. Wizkick cancels gone? I can live with that. Flight of Ganon? I'll miss the shenaniGanons, but I'll make it. AC DAir though? May as well take the wetness from water.

@ Kalm: Aye, comrade. Let us blaze the path to unprecedented glory!

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Gotcha. Yeah, let's get a spirit bomb of hope going, 'cause, man... Ganon just wouldn't be the same without DAir. Wizkick cancels gone? I can live with that. Flight of Ganon? I'll miss the shenaniGanons, but I'll make it. AC DAir though? May as well take the wetness from water.
Indeed. The shenaniGanons/tricksies are fun, but AC Dair is love, and it is life.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think decloned Ganondorf was more or less a worldwide desire. The least Sakurai could do is make him lose that embarrassing running animation.
Hey man, Ganondorf's got good form and with all that heavy armor, he needs it unless he wants to get hurt. You wouldn't want a cramp in the middle of battle, would you? :p

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Based on streams I've been watching, Flame Choke to D-Tilt is looking like a true combo. And in some instances, you land another move like U-Air/F-Air after the D-Tilt.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
This makes me excited. Maybe, just maybe, we'll stand a ... *chokes up* chance in tournaments.

#Power

Hokori

Great King of Evil
We should set goals. First, the Dorf shall take a local...simple enough. Eventually, international tournaments!

#Power

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
About AC Dair.
There's a chance it's been removed, cuz you know, lagless SH Dair [with ssb4's increase in stun] would completely destroy your opponents. The combo-potential and damage-output would be mad.
In Brawl, the only garantueed attacks after AC Dair were like Jab and grab. His 10-frame moves as well, on some opponents.
...Thunder Storming all day without the opponent having an escape-window, would just be nasty.

Speaking of stun. Maybe. Just maybe. In SSB4. Ganon will bloom:
- and these escapable "combos" will be a reality ~

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I find Ganondorf is particularily good not just as a character, but in the environment of Smash 4 3DS. In this game, the blast zones are incredibly far and getting characters to KO percent gets em to about 130-150.

This is where Ganondorf shines, as he needs to merely get a strong attacks on opponents at around 90-100 and can KO quickly. Also, he can gimp with Uair.

So, all I'm saying is, if this follows to the Wii U, Ganondorf will rein supreme.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
About AC Dair.
There's a chance it's been removed, cuz you know, lagless SH Dair [with ssb4's increase in stun] would completely destroy your opponents. The combo-potential and damage-output would be mad.
In Brawl, the only garantueed attacks after AC Dair were like Jab and grab. His 10-frame moves as well, on some opponents.
...Thunder Storming all day without the opponent having an escape-window, would just be nasty.

Speaking of stun. Maybe. Just maybe. In SSB4. Ganon will bloom:
- and these escapable "combos" will be a reality ~
Ha, I support being able to brutally destroy our opponents. Everyone must be punished :ganondorf:

I do remember watching that video awhile back though :)

I find Ganondorf is particularily good not just as a character, but in the environment of Smash 4 3DS. In this game, the blast zones are incredibly far and getting characters to KO percent gets em to about 130-150.

This is where Ganondorf shines, as he needs to merely get a strong attacks on opponents at around 90-100 and can KO quickly. Also, he can gimp with Uair.

So, all I'm saying is, if this follows to the Wii U, Ganondorf will rein supreme.
I've always enjoyed gimping with the weak hit of U-Air, with your back toward the opponent and catching them on the "flip-side" :troll:

As for Wii U Dorf...I'm ****ing pumped.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
The best way to test if it has Brawl AC frames would probably be to set jump to one of the shoulder buttons so you can tap it and then attack immediately afterward with the control pad tilted down. That's pretty much the only way I can pull it off without using tap jump and C-sticking Dair.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
That's actually an interesting way of doing it. =P The way I'm accustomed to it, I just slide my thumb from the X to A button. Without using the stick for the jump, it'd probably become a little easier to maneuever for you.

Also, another point I don't know if anyone has mentioned, but, a great tool for entering characters with great spacing was wizkick. For example, wizkick was material to winning against a good Marth. But the problem was that until the latter percentages, it was punishable on hit. Far as I could tell, wizkick knocks people down this time. This may seem innocuous at first, but damn, that's good news.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
And let us not forget about the potential of Custom Moves!

Well, if he has custom moves that are useful, I sure do hope custom moves are allowed in competitive play.
Or else they'd be more like "just for fun", which would be sad.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Well, if he has custom moves that are useful, I sure do hope custom moves are allowed in competitive play.
Or else they'd be more like "just for fun", which would be sad.
From what I've been reading in the custom moveset thread write-up, some seem promising, I'd just like some footage so I can see for myself. I have faith that we'll see them apart of competitive play, but only time will tell.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Straight from the vgbootcamp stream: WARLOCK PUNCH HAS SUPER ARMOR!
He and Ike really did share gym secrets! I wonder if it has super armor if someone stabs his scar. It'd be a neat feature, but it would negate any buffs Warlock Punch needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom