• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Lmao... i know i'd dump a brick if Sonic ever got banned... wait.... smashballs???
and Ryanarius: dude, i was supposed to play your pit!

Lareit

Smash Ace
honestly I think it'd be interesting to ban snake and meta for one of these. I mean hasn't a meta/snake won like everyone of these it'd be interesting to have some variety.
Yes, yes he has.
The closest we've come to snake not winning is the fact you semi main Pit in many of the matches.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
@jman yeah sorry about missing out on the last one. Its a pretty long drive so it generally comes down to how many people are up for making the trip.

@banning snake and metaknight as its a weekly tournament it seems we could play around with the rules a little every once in and while. If more people turn out for the snake and meta banned tournament you could have do that maybe on a monthly basis or something. It doesn't really matter to me I secondary snake and have brought him out for the championship both tournaments (only one game of the championship both times though just some maps are just a pain for pit) it'd be a fun experiment I suppose.

The Director

Smash Lord
Snake and MK are never going to be banned, so just drop it now. (even if its just a one week only thing)

Man it out and learn how to stage spike like I did.

The Director

Smash Lord
lol Jman I have no idea why I kept trying to spike you this week. I had two successful spikes over mid-air, both of which you handedly recovered from. :psycho:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Fastest runner??? Uhhhh...its teh Blue Blur! Also sprig, Dair side or stage, or even HA stage spikes. All too good and Sonic gets right back up, lol.
And it is risky spikinh and gimping DK... great horizontal recovery thats near impossible to counter
DK is just a bad Sonic matchup. Like marth, MK, only excellent snakes, or anyone with quick, high knockback tilts/smashes

The Director

Smash Lord
I think it differs depending on which character you use.

For me, MK is the easier matchup because he has no projectiles and DK can kill him with a down smash at just 70%. Also, for MK DK is a tough nut to crack.

Snake has become such a problem for me that I'm going to have to start using my secondary against him from now on. (yes, believe it or not I do play a character other than DK lol)

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Even though mk is higher on the tier list and he has no weaknesses on the match-up chart, snake utilt and ftilt make him seem more of a bit*#

ptown

Smash Ace
i can fight snake with falcon.

yeah, that tilt stuff is still pretty good.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm sorry we're not all as smart as you Peter lol. I'll just have to make sure that Marth can beat Snake now if your Falcon can.

Oh yeah, I hate Ftilt.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Apparently, a good Jiggs can give a Marth some trouble due to his aerial DI according to one of the more experienced smashers in the Marth boards. Show me something BEHR!

Also, talk to us in NC Smash again, cuz DH and I are lonely lol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Sushi, if you're serious, lol. I know Jiggs may do better than I thought, but not to the point of beating Marth. It can't be that hard...

Speaking of which, I'll take it BEHR! Just so you know, my Marth is ok.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Don't talk about MM's unless you are bringing your collective ***** to the GE this week.

And you better. I'll MM errybody. Ness or Ditto's.

ninja edit: Anuses.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Firstly, if I didn't have soccer practice that ended at 5:30, I'd consider it.

Also, I enjoyed your post. Thanks for that bro lol.

Oh yeah, when I do go, I wanna MM my Marth vs your Ness. I'll show you who the anus is lol.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
But you have the GRAB OF DOOOOOOOOOM.

So you'll inevitably fight my GaW. Probably.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Hey, if nothing else, can you record some friendlies or something? Watching vids for your mistakes helps a ton... Would be appreciated as i really dont have anyone to play between these, and wifi sux...

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
bah, looks like I'm missing the one thursday. Everyone here is johning about work they have to do or stuff like that and I don't really feel like making the trip alone. Its still possible someone will be up for going last minute but hopefully next week.

edit: ptown is your xboxlive name ptownbrawler?

Top Bottom