• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

zCasanova

Smash Lord
I probably won't make it to this one, got too much stuff going on.

It doesn't look like very many people are going to make this one?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Crap... and here i am trying to make this one, lol

Well, i am at least going so to Ryanarius, if you wanted to see my sonic... lol.
However, im tight on funds... so i have to see if i can REALLY enter, or if i can just pay the door free and do friendlies so i can play some matches with the people i haven't played or haven't played much. Guess we'll see with the turnout, right?

The Director

Smash Lord
Feeling a bit better today.

Def. going to make it out later. Gonna get there a little early so I don't have to stay all night seeing as I'm still sick ugh.

My friend is actually going this week, (amazing, I know) and he'll probably bring his gf. She's getting pretty good.

I say we skip doubles this week, just so we don't have to wait for the loser's finals to go until 10:45.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I may second skipping dubz.. no one has played me enough to partner up besides Kack, and he seems to be missing this one... so yea...

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Its also cool if clemson people can show up
We would of had to left by now so I don't think we'll make it.

I say we skip doubles this week, just so we don't have to wait for the loser's finals to go until 10:45.
last time it went later then normal because part of the losers bracket fell really far behind. So for a like 4 matches we could only have one game going at a time when it would normally have been played while other games were going on.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I can't ever come back again after tonight :( Sorry guys, I told you my mom'd yell at me. It's really stupid.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
WAT!!! you lost joe???
In general, nice games Joe, Super Armor saves your dk from quite a few of my attacks.
Furthermore, who THOUGHT they had a better Sonic than me?? sorry, you phail...
and sorry no friendlies Peter, i was late b4 i even played my last set

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
1 Ali
2 Peter
3 EvilShortness
4 Gil
5 Adam Sorrow
5 Joe Casper
7 Crio
7 Jman

wtfpayton. You beat me, knock me out, then get gannonbanned from the store?

Dagani

Smash Cadet
Payton, that really really sucks man.

I'm sure she was just over-reacting, unless you forgot you are only 12 and mouthed off. I know sometimes we forget that you're 12, but I don't think you are allowed to.

We will miss you, but I have a feeling it won't be too long before we see you again.

@ everyone else: Good fights and whatnot, had a fun time all around, especially when me and Joe were tearing it up in doubles. Alli and Peter, we're coming for you next time.

The Director

Smash Lord
It's funny because he's good at super smash brothers.
Sooo true. I would've gotten super pwned by Ali if I had to face him. The only thing I've really got going for me against him is the stage spike, and that's never really a sure thing.

@Dagani: The Buff and Puff Tough Love Connection shall rise again!

ptown

Smash Ace
i saw you make comebacks. good stuff, gil.

fun falcon dittos, ars. interesting use of falcon's b-moves.

Gileril

Smash Cadet
lolz. I'm starting to think the only chance I have is to learn how to be good at snake just so I can 'get it' so to speak.... I still don't know snakes whole bag of tricks so ali just runs up to me in his harlem globetrotters uniform, bounces the ball off my forhead, and slam dunks the ball while spinning upside down, leaving me going wtf. xD

Also peter knows when I'm going to roll. I'm an addict, I have a problem :(

Gileril

Smash Cadet
I just attended my first one of these and had a lot of fun! I thought the turn out was great and it really shows what a little practice and a great place for smashers to convene can do. I'd like to see even more: Carolina's, speak up! Lets see some more Alis and Peters out there popping out of the woodshed near the border - this event, as successful as it is right now has even more potential.

(I also beat Ali and it made me happy)
Also to add to that, anybody who lives close to uncc (or doesn't) we'll be happy to play smash any time (me and evil are roommates). In addition, a bunch of us at uncc play on a bigscreen in one of the common rooms of witherspoon hall pretty much every other day. Just PM me or evil for directions.... lots of good players I met tonight that I'd like to play more :D

Lareit

Smash Ace
I just attended my first one of these and had a lot of fun! I thought the turn out was great and it really shows what a little practice and a great place for smashers to convene can do. I'd like to see even more: Carolina's, speak up! Lets see some more Alis and Peters out there popping out of the woodshed near the border - this event, as successful as it is right now has even more potential.

(I also beat Ali in the winners bracket and it made me happy)
you *******. I had expected to get further then I did. I didn't expect ali to lose!

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Yo what happened Kack??

lol Gil, contesting just to end up facing Ali. lololol

Thanks for the vengance, Ali. :bee:
My mom came and got me and wouldn't let me stay, she got mad at me cuz I lost ten dollars without getting my matches worth (which was her fault) and started yelling at me because I have fun.
1 Ali
2 Peter
3 EvilShortness
4 Gil
5 Adam Sorrow
5 Joe Casper
7 Crio
7 Jman

wtfpayton. You beat me, knock me out, then get gannonbanned from the store?
I'll probzly get my dad to take me. I still say you should move them to fridays
Payton, that really really sucks man.

I'm sure she was just over-reacting, unless you forgot you are only 12 and mouthed off. I know sometimes we forget that you're 12, but I don't think you are allowed to.

We will miss you, but I have a feeling it won't be too long before we see you again.

@ everyone else: Good fights and whatnot, had a fun time all around, especially when me and Joe were tearing it up in doubles. Alli and Peter, we're coming for you next time.
No, I sat in the car and preety much didn't say anything. But I'll probably be there next week. If my dad is off work.

Rotimer

Smash Cadet
I was there as well and it was wicked fun. Despite playing Ali in the first round and getting beat like I stole something. (there was this one part where I almost beat him.... but then, i didn't)

Shoutout to PTown for pulling a Grand PTown Viper to win the SemiFinals. the Ptown viper is the most OP move over >.<

I really want to play against Jman's sonic ( i think) if hes there next time.

Wicked fun and I will for sure be there next week!

The Director

Smash Lord
Jman great games. Your Sonic deserves a medal for being able to actually compete against high tier characters.

Peter I made it way too easy on you. If Devin recorded those matches we can see my three wacky suicides in 2 games. That's right folks, 3 suicides in 2 games. That's half of my stock depleted by myself! :laugh: (i gotta stop killing myself so much...lolol)

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Also to add to that, anybody who lives close to uncc (or doesn't) we'll be happy to play smash any time (me and evil are roommates). In addition, a bunch of us at uncc play on a bigscreen in one of the common rooms of witherspoon hall pretty much every other day. Just PM me or evil for directions.... lots of good players I met tonight that I'd like to play more :D
I'm feeling a uncc vs clemson crew match at the next one of these.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Lol, JMan's Sonic does is teh pwnage (although those freakin platforms and both of our suicides Joe, lol)
And to Gil: Surprisingly good Lucario.... but when it went to Sudden Death... your uber powers would have killed me had you landed ANYTHING... so it was pretty much a laggy attack maybe hitting you, or i lost (to which, you grabbed me, xD)
And the second match was going the same way, so i kinna had to go for it or go (i was supposed to be AT Target 5 minutes before our match even started, lmao :p)

Gileril

Smash Cadet
Yeah, rotimer will concur that lucario has a ***** of an advantage against sonic because of his trouble setting up kills; leaving me with a nice aura bonus. You did really well considering the extra pew pew I had on almost every stock. I want to see you and rot do sonic dittos xD

Also, if by over an hour, you mean less than 10 minutes, then yes:)

Rotimer

Smash Cadet
Yeah, rotimer will concur that lucario has a ***** of an advantage against sonic because of his trouble setting up kills; leaving me with a nice aura bonus. You did really well considering the extra pew pew I had on almost every stock. I want to see you and rot do sonic dittos xD

Also, if by over an hour, you mean less than 10 minutes, then yes:)
Unfortunately I must agree that Gil plays a stupidly mean sonic killing Lucario.

As for "an hour" (read Jman), it was about 10 minutes after the match ended. And regardless of time, as soon as it was pointed out that the stage was a banned one. Gil contested.

Granted, I can understand the confusion with mario circuit as it was stated to be a counter pick in the OP of this thread, but it was in the banned section of the printed and posted rules at the tournament.

Also Jman, you misspoke in the sonic thread and finished 7th out of 12(iirc), not 4th out of 30.

The Director

Smash Lord
(although those freakin platforms and both of our suicides Joe, lol)
Dude, how bad is my suicide situation? The very first match of singles (against you on PKMN Stadium 1) I jump off the ledge at 13% and kill myself, while you were sitting pretty with 0% LOL.

Seriously, I need to stop committing suicide so much...go back and watch my previous matches VS Devin from 2 weeks ago and you'll all see how bad it is.

I'M MY OWN WORST ENEMY!

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Yea i noticed, thx again, really.
and as for the hr, went off what I was told. (i was talking with kack and others, no idea of time.
To be honesg, im quite bad at Sonic dittos, but im anxious too. And you would NOT let me gimp your Lucario, so due kudos to you sir

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Clemson vs. UNCC crew battle sounds yummy.

I was glad to Ness ditto, and get in a ton of friendlies with the UNCC crew. I most def. hope they come by more often.

When is Kidd gonna bring himself down here?

Rotimer

Smash Cadet
Clemson vs. UNCC crew battle sounds yummy.

I was glad to Ness ditto, and get in a ton of friendlies with the UNCC crew. I most def. hope they come by more often.

When is Kidd gonna bring himself down here?
the UNCC crew will be in full(er) force this thursday.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
If only there was a hurricane sonic. Oh the taunt based humor.

For the first time evar(since like 2 weeks), I didn't play, and get subsequently pwned by Joe. Hurrah!

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Hurricane Sonic does exist...
Sonic's sheer awesomness makes his down taunt spur 'Sonic wind' if performed after turning Super Sonic. "C'mon, step it up!"
Huzah!

Top Bottom