• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

BEHR

Smash Hero
Yuhhh

and I think I killed him with it in are tourney match in teams he was are first round match. ;-;

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol darn it why did you have to get me too???

Oh yeah, SC watch out, this bro is amazing with rollout. He almost never misses.

The Director

Smash Lord
Counter pwns that nubby move. Lol so funny you killed like everyone there with it.
Counter just plain wrecks DK. You can be a great Marth player and still do well, but you can be almost unstoppable with that f'ing counter.

You can literally just spam it and watch DK kill himself.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Jiggz is sick, xD

Umm obviously Peter, i main Low-Tier... and pretty much only play that one char.
Rot: Side B's initial hop has actual invulnerablilty frames>transitions to really high priority>weakens as the arc is reaching full, bad when decending and when it turns into the grounded roll...
USmash's launching animation has a few frams of actual invincibilty as well (i pulled it on JoeC in our last match when he put me in 5th place, i went through his fully charged DK punch, and being that my hurtbox is above Sonic's head height when smashing, it out-lingered JoeC's punch and sent him off, to my offstage Bair i belive. It was sick)

Edit: I told Crio he shoudl make it both Low-Tier doubles and singles for next week, cause it'd go faster (everyone doesnt' main low-tier, a few of us do or pretty much do so we can blash through some matches)

lord karn

Smash Master
I play Mario. RAWR!

I agree with Karn stuff.

I'd really like to show you guys what I can do, but this weekly mess, combined with college applications plus school projects and shiz makes for a real pain too for weeklies.

I'll show you guys some pretty good NC talent if you can make a weekend tourney that I can throw down with everyone from all over the place there.

Sorry about how you guys played, Ali and Karn. I thought you played better than before though Karn bro, but maybe it's just been too long.
I was kind of off and on. I would start losing and then realize I wasn't paying much attention to the match and then work really hard to catch up. Then I would just go back to not paying attention again. @_@ I don't know why I just kept losing concentration during singles. I played fine in teams, I think, except for when I killed Bill in our second match. My lack of concentration was most apparent in my last match against Ali. He almost three stocked me and then I realized I wasn't paying attention and almost made a come back and won. Did you notice how in our matches you usually dealt like 70% to me while I did very little, and then me stepping it up to try and make it even again?

Anyways, no johns myself.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Does it really do that well? Come to think of it, it would actually be a sensational move vs DK. Thanks man!

I certainly won't spam it cuz that's ridiculously predictable, but it's definately something I'll throw in there more vs DK now.

Is that what was happening Karn? I was wondering about that...

Yeah, I did actually notice those things. I really did notice you slip up a few times, but overall your general play against me was pretty solid.

I don't think I saw you play Ali, but doesn't ROB have the advantage vs Snake? Either way, good stuff bro (on the comeback).

ptown

Smash Ace
karn, you zoned out.

this thread is lively.

and we got a few "low" tiers in here.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Elaborate Ptown please. I'd like to know what you think about Jiggly.

Mario is too good when he's not against the higher tiers. Stupid DDD infinite lol.

When you say "low"...

lord karn

Smash Master
Does it really do that well? Come to think of it, it would actually be a sensational move vs DK. Thanks man!

I certainly won't spam it cuz that's ridiculously predictable, but it's definately something I'll throw in there more vs DK now.

Is that what was happening Karn? I was wondering about that...

Yeah, I did actually notice those things. I really did notice you slip up a few times, but overall your general play against me was pretty solid.

I don't think I saw you play Ali, but doesn't ROB have the advantage vs Snake? Either way, good stuff bro (on the comeback).
There are some who think it's even just because Snake is op, even though ROBs options are technically better in the matchup. There are also some that think ROB has a slight advantage. It really revolves around Snakes recovery. Unless the Snake is extremely careful and recovers ridiculously high every time ROB can either kill or rack up a ton of damage. I kind of think ROB has the advantage.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I was convinced that ROB had it pretty well when I saw Maxxpower vs DSF, but maybe I just need to browse the ROB boards some more.

I can see what you're saying though bro.

ptown

Smash Ace
i don't know/play jigg, but jiggly is can fight way off the stage.

on stage, rollout can kill and may be especially useful against certain characters. might be a low risk killer too if used the right way.

yeah, besides ddd grab, mario is solid imo.

"low": i don't like the tier list right now. i think some characters are too high and some are too low.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Put more points into intelligence bro

Oh and pause the match every 5 seconds to make sure you know where your mines are

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Did you know/ do you agree with what I stated Peter?

I agree with you on the list.

Kid #1 lol. Don't spoil him Ali. He'll start to expect everyone to do it then!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
So Kid #1 said to the other Kid #1, "Why am I so awesome?"
And Kid #1 replied to this Kid #1, "Because Ali called me Kid #1."

And suddenly, Kid #1's existence was validated.

The Director

Smash Lord
it out-lingered JoeC's punch and sent him off, to my offstage Bair i belive. It was sick
I remember that! I was like, 'wtf??' my punch didn't even matter. That's a very situational moment, tho.

Jiggs is good. Rollout is ridiculous, his main kill move I think. I was considering seconding Jiggs but she just dies way to easily. Its like, '80%? serve me up on a platter'.

Granted if you dedicated enough time to the character you can build up survivability skillZ.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
I like Peter's idea, low tier teams seems like it would be fun.

That way we can still incorporate doubles into the tournament.

Rotimer

Smash Cadet
I really dont think people know how to use snake right ... I am having a hard time trying to keep a lot of things in mind while playing him
last clip of my video your royal princeness ;)

@Jman - you said super secret, I am disappointed. I was expecting something cool like... being able to clear the underside of FD... or some kind of double spring invincibility
(spoiler: Look into this, it works and has invincibility frames, anti-ike spike)
that DKpunch negation was pretty sick though

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
I really dont think people know how to use snake right ... I am having a hard time trying to keep a lot of things in mind while playing him
Its pretty exhausting remembering how to tilt, I completely agree.

So while we're debating low tier placement I think we can all agree that pit should be low tier and make him legit for the tournament.
:psycho::psycho:

ptown

Smash Ace
i think ali means most snakes don't do much except tilts.

don't hate on snake. he's the man.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
That's exactly what he means. He actually told me that himself at the Billfest.

I won't after I finally beat Ali. No more losing Ali, I wanna knock you out twice!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
My mom is hitting me hard lately about college applications. Maybe if I can make some major progress on them this week, then I can make it. This month is just tough for me man.

Believe me when I say that I should be nearly cleared to make it by the end of the month at the latest.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah, I get out of school early tomorrow, so I'll try to stay off of these boards with you cool people and maybe make serious headway on Wake Forest I guess.

Your sig is my crack.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
PP is going to Wake Forest?

In State schools ftl :(

You should get out of here and go to...florida. Or Cali. Or NYC.

NC is too boring

But the cheaper tuition is nice...:laugh:

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
My mom is hitting me hard lately about college applications. Maybe if I can make some major progress on them this week, then I can make it. This month is just tough for me man.

Believe me when I say that I should be nearly cleared to make it by the end of the month at the latest.
Well that gives you a pretty good excuse to come down and check out Clemson now doesn't it?

I never have any metaknights to practice against.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol it would, buuut I kinda don't wanna go to Clemson.

Ok, my Marth is much better now than it was back whenever that other tournament was. The only people I've lost to since that tourney were Ali, Chu Dat, and Chillin. All of the time since then, and in those matches I used Marth (cept vs Chillin cuz I dunno what the heck I'm doin vs Falco lol).

What I'm trying to say is this: I want a Marth vs Pit rematch. I won't CP MK this time. I really dislike using him anyways. Marth shouldn't have that much difficulty, but I'd never played against a Pit before, and you seemed to know what you were doing lol. I'd just like to see the outcome of our matches now is all I'm saying. I am not saying I'm better than you right now. Please don't look at it that way either.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Chillin just got the better of you with being gay. You chose MK, and he played a spammy Falco, both of which are pretty gay moves.

I think you should've beaten Ali, but that's just me.

And ChuDat is ChuDat, come on.

Top Bottom