• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Table Tournament 1/10 Results

MBlaze

Smash Champion
the AIB ladder is balls. and pgn had an easy doubles bracket until he got ***** by

anti n bum and us. absolutely ***** he died at least 2 times before minty lost one stock...

but this is rather funny
Everyone has a bad tourney Godot. :( Maybe he can do better in the next one, just don't see why you all should come down on him so hard for one tourney.

Vinnie

Smash Master
no, like, we ***** our side of the bracket. we went to winner's finals, then got beat my anti + bum and then we got beat by malcom and that dude

Vinnie

Smash Master
and yeah, wifi doesnt really mean much, but come on, 2 whorenadoes gets me over 26% -_-

god, this title of the thread should be changed from "Game Table Tournament 1/10 Results" to "bash PGN for having 1 bad set"

Leacero

Smash Lord
You got the Melee singles results wrong, Private O'Malley left before even playing and apparently according to you got 5th. Copycat should be in there somewhere, too.

Stonybrook had no one left afterward. Too easy.
Everyone who was talking about the crew battle was talking about Melee (wasn't it you that agreed to that?). And if I remember correctly, me and Vanill4 beat you (quite handily) and your teammate in Melee doubles. Remember that match in Pokemon Stadium where I just u-smashed all 8 of your stocks? :p Learn to be at the right place when you ask for the crew battle. By the time Melee singles ended, the people needed to have a crew battle from Stony Brook had left already, would've been better to have it at around 4 or something, but the poor tournament structure prevented that from happening.

If you're really anxious, I'll be happy to MM you in either (Melee or Brawl) someday. Just don't yell at me for using MK, the game stinks. =P

Anyway, copied from other topic:
Which leads me to my next point; in addition to being poorly organized, Ch33s3 was actually pretty rude to me, which was really unnecessary. it seemed like the people running it were constantly going over brackets, but I didn't hear any more matches being called, like, what were you guys doin'? I'd have to think twice about going to another Ch33s3 tourney, sorry. (Also, the stage lists were still gay; I'm so glad I don't play Brawl. DK64 wasn't even unlocked on the tv that Bum and Mike played us on lol)

Brawl had like six setups and Melee had three. Here's a tiny idea from me, maybe just segregate the whole thing; All Brawl upstairs, all Melee downstairs (although this probably wouldn't fit the audience, but I notice so many people crowded around watching and waiting to play Melee and the Brawl setups downstairs were pretty isolated.)
Yeah, he's a pretty rude guy and plays Brawl only, so that's the reason why the Brawl portion got so much attention from the TO. It was obvious that he didn't really care about Melee at all. If it wasn't for r3no taking up the brackets and doing it himself, Melee singles/doubles probably wouldn't have finished at all.

Only 3 set ups for Melee? Really? And why were there two brawl TVs down there? Might as well just have all Melee for the basement.

Vanill4 - Cool teaming, since both our teammates are overseas or in outer space. CHAINTHROW INTO KLAPTRAP LOLZ.

Shine Mike - Nice getting 3rd in doubles with Bum! You did get better since the last tournament, so we should all keep it up!!

Private O'Malley (Jared) - Thanks for saying bye. :'(

Prog & Camp - Good sets guys! Good to see you again Wynton, hopefully we can all hang out sometime.

r3no - Thanks for actually getting the Melee tournaments rolling. It's a shame I couldn't play you and get 4 stocked today. =(

HBK - GGs, that Corneria match was just silly. Hopefully see you Hofstra folk at the next tournament we plan to go to so that we can finally get that crew match going!!

G$ - Thanks for owning me, it was a good experience. :)

RyanK - It's a shame we couldn't get any friendlies in, it would've helped me learn a lot. :(

Eaode/Morg - Good friendlies, although we only played 3. Hope to see you at the next one!

DaiAndOh/Malcom - Good teams set, you guys should have been in the Melee section more. =P

If I forgot anyone, sorry, I'm sleepy.

EDIT: Oh yeah.

DJN - Your bowser plush was cute. No homo.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
and yeah, wifi doesnt really mean much, but come on, 2 whorenadoes gets me over 26% -_-

god, this title of the thread should be changed from "Game Table Tournament 1/10 Results" to "bash PGN for having 1 bad set"
I honestly don't care how you did, I'm a stickler for ripping apart terrible logic, and you're making inui seem like a genius right now.

Vinnie

Smash Master
It was. we didnt lose 1 match in any set until anti + bum. then i stupidly went to play melee, and came back for our last match and did bad. which led to everyone in this thread bashing me. and that mk dude we lost to that teamed with malcom, apparently he is very cocky >.>

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
and all this doesn't really change the fact that knightmare516 is claiming to be awesome despite the fact that he only managed to be carried to 9th place D:
when did i claim to be awesome. this is not about me at all it is about your so called money match with C4!? and he would **** you. I suck at this game it aint about me man. I was merely showing everyone that you suck and left before the money match no johns. you also have no right to say anything about teams since you got anally ***** my malcolm and godot and u lost 5 stock before minty lost 1 no johns my dood.

and you have to be kidding i hate wifi. and dont play there at all really. You are just showing how much of a nub you are by mentioning wifi over and over.

oh and minty i was snake in those team matches not C4!? LOL at the jab then runaway and nade mind games i was alive for like a good 2 minutes without c4 and i took 2 stock before finally dying :( good ****

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
i dont wanna do shoutouts cause its like 2 much work, so imma just the main people i remember

papa sintros, guru kid and jtails - was fun riding in the car with u guys. get at "lubricated road" or some gay joke u said jtails lmfaooo, was 2 good. get at gurus skills in reading directions lmfao and finally thnx papa sintros 4 driving, it was 2 good sir, get at that fat lady at the toll booth on the way back lmfaoo

papa glick- thnx 4 teaming son, im very upset at how the brackets was made b/c it seems almost every1 didnt wanna play each other cause of that team courtesy rule aka "if u dont wanna play against a crew member blah blah blah, let us know now rule" but either way we did good man

papa godot- get at u 4 having a different car every tourney i see u at lmfaooo, ride 2 wendys with me u projo jtails and dont 4get reno (u smexy egg roll lmfao) on the phone was 2 fun lmfaooo. u need 2 make papa khanti come next time regardless of job or w/e john he had >:[

papa malcom- lmfao this guy is 2 funny shon FUNNIEST SMASHER xD, and get at your diobolical plan in singles even though it didnt happen xD, i woudve had my popcorn and soda ready 4 that, and gj with papa godot in teams.

anti, aka "rain__"... - CHANGE YO NAME NUGGA lmfao ayways get at u 4 eating kitkat bars 4 breakfest lmfaooo. good shiz with u and bum xD

DJ Nintendo- SWAT ALL DAY SHONS xD

projo- my teacher in brawl lmfaooo get at u and jtails, u guys r beast. aka vanilla and chocolate x]

ch33s3- was a fun tourney. nice meeting u man, but next time some rules have 2 be changed. seems alot was angry 2 the rules such as stalling, infinites and me personally the team courtesy rule. i can understand that rule but this time random people just put random names JUST b/c they didnt wanna play against each other -_-. but overall i had a fun time

it was also good meeting new people / seeing people i havent seen in 4 ever. like skip, arrancar18, papa knightmare, minty, pgn, p-nut, viva (even though i think u were afraid of me and guru when we said hi lmfaooo), papa ryko, C4!?, beast, alex, crismas, melee people and so on

im sure i 4got a bunch of people and stuff so sorry >_< but idks this is what i randomly remember and stuff, iusually remember everything at a tourney BESIDES the matches i played xDDD cause usually i go 2 a tourny and have more fun talking 2 people rather than playing xD

on the behalf of team PGN and Minty Flesh, the teams they plyed were... easy (no offense 2 any of those teams) which minty admitted. reason y getting 3rd was b/c u played the best teams on the other bracket once u got 2 winners and losers finals. besides that like i said PGN, i personally think and knowing both of u, Minty was the smarter person in the team. maybe he messed up few times but in overall skills minty got it. anyways its not that serious PGN, just admit that u guys got 3rd b/c of the bracket and dont brag, trust me then people will stop. minty already admits it and knows this

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Guys, guys. lets all stop this senseless argueing and agree MintyFlesh is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool.

Btw, knightmare are you ever going to run another tourney at GT? yours was really well run and it'd be awesome if you hosted another =).

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
All I heard from Cheez was that it was supposed to be both games or something. I wanted to start ASAP, I was asking pretty much the whole day.

And I would never seriously belittle someone for using MK.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
Guys, guys. lets all stop this senseless argueing and agree MintyFlesh is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool.

Btw, knightmare are you ever going to run another tourney at GT? yours was really well run and it'd be awesome if you hosted another =).
haha ya probably i want to next month i have to call and set it up.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Good thing I went to this tournament, or else I wouldn't been stuck bored at home lol. Fun times playing everyone in both games. I could've did better in Brawl singles, but didn't care. I like entertaining the crowd though lol. Ike is mad fun =)

Vinnie

Smash Master
*hugs everyone and apologizes* i love you all. Minty was a little better if anything, I just gotta think more in matches.

MESSAGE TO NEXT PERSON THAT RUNS THIS

DONT INCLUDE MELEE

IF MELEE IS IN IT

THE TOURNAMENT GOES SLOW DUE TO LACK OF SETUPS AND SPACE

leik sersleh. i anything, separate brawl and melee completely, overlapping events make me a sad pgn.

or like, a 2 day event, 1 brawl and one melee.

crew battles would b cool 2.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Yeah, for real, I liked Knightmare's a lot. He didn't neglect Melee like this one did. XD

All I heard from Cheez was that it was supposed to be both games or something. I wanted to start ASAP, I was asking pretty much the whole day.

And I would never seriously belittle someone for using MK.
Well I can't speak for the Brawl portion (as honestly, I don't care for it, but that's not important), but for the Melee part we were all down there pretty much the whole day playing friendlies/watching on the 3 (:() setups we had. So for future reference next time you wanna find us we'll be where Melee is.

And I know you didn't realize it, but it didn't help to ask ch33s3 about it either, as he didn't corroborate with the rest of us about the crew battle(s). I saw him like, once throughout the whole day.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
*hugs everyone and apologizes* i love you all. Minty was a little better if anything, I just gotta think more in matches.

MESSAGE TO NEXT PERSON THAT RUNS THIS

DONT INCLUDE MELEE

IF MELEE IS IN IT

THE TOURNAMENT GOES SLOW DUE TO LACK OF SETUPS AND SPACE

leik sersleh. i anything, separate brawl and melee completely, overlapping events make me a sad pgn.

or like, a 2 day event, 1 brawl and one melee.

crew battles would b cool 2.

I will have melee next time cause for 1 melee is a better game and it brings more setups. if it wasnt for melee we would only have 4 setups at all. stop using melee as johns why u did bad in brawl. if u dont like it dont play it. Besides when i ran melee at mine everything went fine. it isnt my fault cheese doesnt know how to run melee and brawl at a tourny

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I heard my Ness was soft banned too unless it was on a laggy T.V. So I withdrew and got my 10 dollars back.

Malcolm's sonic was soft banned so he had to go Wario.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
i dont wanna do shoutouts cause its like 2 much work, so imma just the main people i remember

papa sintros, guru kid and jtails - was fun riding in the car with u guys. get at "lubricated road" or some gay joke u said jtails lmfaooo, was 2 good. get at gurus skills in reading directions lmfao and finally thnx papa sintros 4 driving, it was 2 good sir, get at that fat lady at the toll booth on the way back lmfaoo

papa glick- thnx 4 teaming son, im very upset at how the brackets was made b/c it seems almost every1 didnt wanna play each other cause of that team courtesy rule aka "if u dont wanna play against a crew member blah blah blah, let us know now rule" but either way we did good man

papa godot- get at u 4 having a different car every tourney i see u at lmfaooo, ride 2 wendys with me u projo jtails and dont 4get reno (u smexy egg roll lmfao) on the phone was 2 fun lmfaooo. u need 2 make papa khanti come next time regardless of job or w/e john he had >:[

papa malcom- lmfao this guy is 2 funny shon FUNNIEST SMASHER xD, and get at your diobolical plan in singles even though it didnt happen xD, i woudve had my popcorn and soda ready 4 that, and gj with papa godot in teams.

anti, aka "rain__"... - CHANGE YO NAME NUGGA lmfao ayways get at u 4 eating kitkat bars 4 breakfest lmfaooo. good shiz with u and bum xD

DJ Nintendo- SWAT ALL DAY SHONS xD

projo- my teacher in brawl lmfaooo get at u and jtails, u guys r beast. aka vanilla and chocolate x]

ch33s3- was a fun tourney. nice meeting u man, but next time some rules have 2 be changed. seems alot was angry 2 the rules such as stalling, infinites and me personally the team courtesy rule. i can understand that rule but this time random people just put random names JUST b/c they didnt wanna play against each other -_-. but overall i had a fun time

it was also good meeting new people / seeing people i havent seen in 4 ever. like skip, arrancar18, papa knightmare, minty, pgn, p-nut, viva (even though i think u were afraid of me and guru when we said hi lmfaooo), papa ryko, C4!?, beast, alex, crismas, melee people and so on

im sure i 4got a bunch of people and stuff so sorry >_< but idks this is what i randomly remember and stuff, iusually remember everything at a tourney BESIDES the matches i played xDDD cause usually i go 2 a tourny and have more fun talking 2 people rather than playing xD

on the behalf of team PGN and Minty Flesh, the teams they plyed were... easy (no offense 2 any of those teams) which minty admitted. reason y getting 3rd was b/c u played the best teams on the other bracket once u got 2 winners and losers finals. besides that like i said PGN, i personally think and knowing both of u, Minty was the smarter person in the team. maybe he messed up few times but in overall skills minty got it. anyways its not that serious PGN, just admit that u guys got 3rd b/c of the bracket and dont brag, trust me then people will stop. minty already admits it and knows this
o..i c im not in thar

GodotAA

Smash Ace
a soft ban is when everyone hates a character for being too good. IE sonic and metaknight

steve i can go to gametable with you i was thinking bout asking about tourneys too

Leacero

Smash Lord
Why can't everyone just laugh it off and be friends?

:'(

Goosfraba!

EDIT: Now posts are being deleted as I post so I feel silly. But still. GOOSFRABA.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
There have been a couple in some other games (namely Super Turbo, depending on your region).

Generally though, I find the existence of them in practice silly. If it's TOO broken ban it, if not, don't. Don't know? Discuss.

Eaode

Smash Champion
I'd happily attend a tournament run by someone who knows how to support both games and have everything function smoothly. Since I got my singles $$ back, I'm prepared money-wise for another tourney so, next month or whenever, that'd be sweet

Leacero

Smash Lord
Generally, I believe, because it is possible to beat said character with another when two opponents of similar skill level are playing (O. Sagat in ST is soft banned). It would just be very difficult to do so. By soft banning him, you're basically making an agreement with fellow tournament peers that, although it is possible for him to be beaten, by not choosing him at all it'll expand the options in the game and not end up in O. Sagat dittos or whatever. It is pretty much accepted that it's impossible to beat Akuma with another character, so he's just plain banned.

But I don't study ST like my brother does, so I could be wrong. =\

Also, first search for soft ban on google brings this up: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190705

Woo smashboards.

A more in depth discussion about it is on Sirlin's site, but I'm too lazy to find it right now.

Nvm here it is, you can find out here!!

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/cheating.html

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
but after all the crap talk a large portion of smash board has done to regulate Sonic to a joke character, this is a sort of poetic justice. lol. did they soft ban metaknight? if they didn't then you guys suck lol.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
that's the most hypocritical soft ban in the history of the world. Soft ban Sonic, but not Metaknight.

There is no hope for some of u after all...

Eaode

Smash Champion
Can someone please elaborate on Sonic for me? I haven't kept up with Brawl trends. In the tourney thread, it was seen as a big joke by MalcoM, and everyone went on with it. But to see that Sonic actually got soft-banned, is pretty stupid sounding to me.

So please, someone explain, preferably by PM, I don't want to spam up this thread.

EDIT: Or was it just MalcoM's sonic? Soft-banning players is really stupid anyway, like saying "Oh hey we don't want you to win so don't play your main lol." you could still do so anyway, but it's still stupid...

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Malcolm's sonic - Soft banned for being too good, the TO said it's the reason he placed so high and he really had no skill. So he picked a low tier character Wario.

Ref's Ness - Too frame perfect, TO said that it had the options to ever situation and no character or player could defeat it, I had to either play on a laggy T.V, lose the first round or withdraw and get my 10 dollars back.

I withdrew and got my 10 dollars back

DJ's Bowser - Lived up to 999% with DJ DI, therefore it had to be banned. Took to long to KO and was unfair. DJ could DI a warlock punch at 170% and never leave the stage or get KO'd from the top blast zone.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
Malcolm's sonic - Soft banned for being too good, the TO said it's the reason he placed so high and he really had no skill. So he picked a low tier character Wario.

Ref's Ness - Too frame perfect, TO said that it had the options to ever situation and no character or player could defeat it, I had to either play on a laggy T.V, lose the first round or withdraw and get my 10 dollars back.

I withdrew and got my 10 dollars back

DJ's Bowser - Lived up to 999% with DJ DI, therefore it had to be banned. Took to long to KO and was unfair.
This has serious LOL written all over it

Top Bottom