• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Table Tournament 1/10 Results

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Nah I don't hold any sense of rivalries towards anyone in the game.

Congrats Malcolm you did take a match off of me, every dog has his day once in a while.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Nah it was malcolm who started saying sonic was soft banned, and then people started trying to fit in
I made it really convincing, surprised people believed it though.

Anyway yeah it's Malcolm's joke, that is why it's so believable and can make you both upset and can cause laughter.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
its true, you gotta be not all there in the noodle to think that ppl thought characters were soft banned in dis tourney

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
For those who think being a T.O is easy. Imo it is not easy...what is easy is getting people there but the hard part is managing people. When you have 100-200 people and you work by yourself see how far you can make it without knowing how to micromanage properly and worried about venues down your neck to finsih on time. Only a great T.O can manage to run a 100+ man tournament and finish on time and only a select few can ( most of those have blue names or purple names XD )...sounds elist but then again I seen and worked with the best in other games and can say that from experience.

Just my 2 cents he make his mistakes not doing what the community wants and not being flexible and doing things his way and not focusing.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
being a bad TO and having terrible rules and being rude and having one of your participants run 2 of the tournaments because of your neglect are completely different things.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
i would have to think tho that cheese was one of the worst i have seen. I havnt done alot of Tournament hosting, but i have run tournaments at NCC for tekken, melee, brawl, Capcom vs. Snk 2 and Mavel Vs Capcom 2. Besides that i have Hosted 1 tournament in the past at Gametable which was my biggest one yet. That one had about 50 players and it had melee and brawl. I got alot of feedback saying is was an amazing tourny and that i did a good job, so here i am hosting probably the biggest one yet.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215873

I hope i run it smoothly and i promise i will do my best to give you appropriate rules, as well as enforcing these rules. I am there to have fun as well as work hard to make you have fun. i try to bring the best to NY and it looks like i have succeeded. I must admit i have learned alot from Bum and alex stife for they are both good friends as well as eli. So i hope you all have fun and enjoy it. LMAO

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Well Knightmare if I can make it I'll def come...thats doing a fighting game tournament that I am doing XD

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
wow let me find out their is rivals dire/malcolm. true stalling is banned and is not allowed and there is ways around all types of stalling on the ledge from what i do... so i'm not on anyone side. ya just need to battle it out..... and i want to watch : ]

cheese had some rules and stages that made nooooooooooooooooo sense and he pay the price losing to dire in teams with his own rule lol. i just would like to know, how is it he got to host.... to be a t.o is something that you can do easy to be honest..... and i just don't know how he was able to do it in that place with no history of doing good in smash or hosting events.
He did a crap load of wifi tourneys in the summer. Like, literally one every night.

Top Bottom