• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GAH! I'm so anxious!

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Link to original post: [drupal=3119]GAH! I'm so anxious![/drupal]

Read if you want... no longer applies...

So this is gonna be my first blog EVER. I've never made one in my life and right now is the only time I've need to just get everything out.

(It's about starting a relationship, so if you don't wanna read it, I already warned you.)

So a little back-story first.

I've liked this girl forever. Since freshmen year to be exact. The first day of that semester I came to class. Sat through a while just observing the people that I'd be seeing for the next eighteen weeks. My eyes got stuck on this girl at the opposite corner of the classroom, she was obviously quiet but I couldn't stop looking at her! I was already thinking about what I should do and how I should get to know her.

(I used to be INSANELY shy. There was probably no way I would start talking to her unless something made me.)

It carried on this way for about six weeks, she hadn't noticed me once (I think) because I was at the back of the room. after that six weeks ended, the teacher made a new seating chart. 'Great! Maybe I'll be sitting by her.' I was thinking to myself. Turns out, I was in luck. She sat in the desk in front of me for the next six weeks.

I don't remember when, but sometime in that six weeks she turned around and introduced herself to me. It was great, I wasn't even doing anything and all the peices were falling into place! We talked everyday in that class from then on, sometimes disturbing the class and getting in trouble but we really enjoyed talking to each other. We both felt like we didn't belong in the class, most of the other kids in there were pretty senseless and weren't very smart. We talked to each other because we felt smarter than everyone else. (I know I'm sounding kinda ridiculous making fun of all these kids, but this is truly how both of us felt.)

So the third six weeks comes along and I'm hoping our seats don't get move away from each other. We both got moved but we were still really close. It was as we were switching seats that I realized I really liked her. It took a simple seating chart and the possibility of moving away from her to make me think it. How silly is that?

So near the end of the year I asked to talk with her after school. I was going to ask her out. I demanded that I do it. So I did. I asked her out after school one day. It wasn't to anything fancy, I just wanted her with me. That's when I got a strange reply. After I asked she just smiled at me, not a 'I knew you were gonna ask' smile but an actually sincere 'I really like you' smile. I was really happy for that instant, but then her smile vanished and a sigh came out. My heart dropped. She said 'I can't, not yet.' I asked her why and she just said 'I'm not sixteen, my parents won't let me.'

I left it at that, we still talked but not like we used to. The year was coming to an end and she gave me her e-mail address. Not her phone number... Her e-mail. I was cursing in my head. Why would she do that?

Summer started and she was all I could think about, all I wanted, and I couldn't do anything without something reminding me of her.

So halfway through the summer I e-mailed her, found out she had made a Facebook and found her on there. We talked forever, sometimes sitting in front of the computer messaging each other for hours upon end. It was great! I was finally getting to talk with her again. She sent me her phone number because she was really sad that summer. I called her the first night and we talked until the wee hours of the morning. And I called her every night from then on. We were so happy with each other!

School started and we didn't have any classes together the first semester but we had one second semester! I was really excited until she lost her phone one day. She didn't have it for a long time so I just stopped trying to call her. I didn't know if she really lost her phone or if she had 'lost' her phone. Everything was falling apart. I was tearing my self to peices asking myself if it was my fault. What did I do wrong?

So we got to the second semester and I was really excited to see her, but I just couldn't get myself to talk to her. I felt that I messed something up and I didn't have the courage to fix it. We talked maybe twice that whole eighteen weeks. I still liked her, I missed her.

We kept in contact over texts but it wasn't much, just checking up on each other every couple of months.

So time went on, and on, and on. Until the middle of this year, our senior year. I still thought about her, but my mind had been on other girls since then. Nothing seemed to work out, I just wanted 'her.' So I texted her a few days ago, I've been having problems at my work and I asked for her advice. Surprisingly, instead of texting me back, she called me immediately. I was flustered and I almost didn't answer it. We talked for hours again, into the morning, until we realized how long we had been talking.

So we've been talking a bunch and I asked her if she'd been watching the Olympics. (I have some overwhelming interest with the skating portions, mainly the speed skating) She said she loved watching the skating events. 'Heck yea!' So we got to talking about how much we wanted to go try it just last week. She suggested we both go so that if one of us falls the other can help them up.

Now I wanna ask her to go with me. I want it so bad, but I'm reluctant to do it. I still don't know if she truly likes me. But I'm not scared of the rejection anymore. It took me a while to figure it out; I'm scared of 'why' she wouldn't accept the invitation, not the rejection itself.

She works a lot. And when I say a lot, I mean it. Five days a week and she's in college (she graduated early) the other two days. I wanna go give her some flowers at the end of one of her shifts at work but I don't know if I should leave them there for her to find or if I should be there to give them to her in person.

There are pros and cons for both. Her finding it wouldn't put her on the spot and she'd have some time to think it over but it seems like I'm a wimp... Being there when she gets them makes me seems confident but I may just completely melt in front of her. Also, if she doesn't want to go it'd be really awkward for both of us.

What should I do? I need help, and I'm really nervous about it.

By the way, sorry for the wall of text...

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I say go for it.
Dont think about the negatives. But dont be overly hopeful. Think rationally and be honest with her.
If shes says no, she says no. Thats all there is to it.

Oracle

Smash Master
Go for it. If you don't take chances sometimes, you'll never accomplish anything.

Besides, even if she says no, then you're just back at square one. Nothing completely negative happens.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
If she says no, I doubt it will be because she doesn't have an interest in you. Just keep in touch with her, and as your friendship strengthens and time passes, you will have opportunities to go out with her.

Just don't give up on her. Your perseverance is what will make this happen. If you don't persevere, it wouldn't have worked out even if she said yes.

:034:

sirkibble2

Smash Rookie
I'm going to come from a different direction just to give you some food for thought--more for your emotional protection.

Why do you want to get with her so bad? What are your intentions? I ask this because dating is a very fickle thing when people don't do it with any long term intentions--yes, I'm talking about marriage.

"But I'm in high school." I know. That's why I'm bring this up because I have found through my pointless dating that I've lost a lot of friends simply because of trying to fill a void of emptiness that only a "girlfriend" could satisfy. Yet, I had no long term goals in mind and so, I've broken their hearts and have wounded them in some form or fashion. Yeah. I've moved on but it's a disturbing thought that I was the one who caused some of their problems.

I would say hold off on getting with her if you truly value her friendship but if you think this thing could truly go somewhere (which I don't know if you think it could cause you didn't mention that at all in your post), go for it. Whatever you do, I really hope it works out for ya! :)

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Thanks everyone, it's a real confidence boost hearing everyone encourage me.

@sirkibble2
I know this sounds weird, but I've thought about all of that, way before I read your post. I think about it because of my resentment towards the 'high school relationship.' That's not what I'm going for and it's never what I wanted.

I didn't want to add it into the original blog post because it could have made me sound really awkward. "I'd love to marry her!" is a little strange for a senior in high school to say. However, I could see it leading to that if she wants it to as much as I do.

EDIT: I'm gonna try to do this tomorrow. Wish me luck!

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Good luck. Trust me, regret is something that you never want to experience. Ask her out or else you'll constantly be thinking about how much you regret not asking her on a date.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I think blogs about teens and high school relationships should be banned. But this is UB and you have somewhat free speech, so whatever.

>_>

It gets old.

Professor :3

Smash Journeyman
I think blogs about teens and high school relationships should be banned. But this is UB and you have somewhat free speech, so whatever.

>_>

It gets old.
There's plenty of other places to talk about teen relationships, UB will be infested with it otherwise. At least make a subforum for it. Hell I'm sure there's a thread about romance in the Pool Room anyway, unless it's died/been locked.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Lol. I warned you beforehand. That should be enough for you... And it's a blog. I didn't necesarily make it for you to read, I'm basically using it as a journal.

I actually tried to find something in the pool room but could find anything that wasn't old or dead...

sirkibble2

Smash Rookie
Thanks everyone, it's a real confidence boost hearing everyone encourage me.

@sirkibble2
I know this sounds weird, but I've thought about all of that, way before I read your post. I think about it because of my resentment towards the 'high school relationship.' That's not what I'm going for and it's never what I wanted.

I didn't want to add it into the original blog post because it could have made me sound really awkward. "I'd love to marry her!" is a little strange for a senior in high school to say. However, I could see it leading to that if she wants it to as much as I do.

EDIT: I'm gonna try to do this tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Well good stuff then! Hope it works out.

And he did give a warning after all. Let him be. It's his blog.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
go for it dude!! if you guys are still talking pretty much everyday then she does like you. i know how you feel, im in a similar situation.

besides, like paixy said, if you dont, youll always wonder "what if..."

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
So, I ran around my whole town to try to get some flowers and it's horrible, theyre either all dead or theyre roses (and I can't get those just yet...).

Just gonna call her tonight and ask her to meet me somewhere tomorrow.

sirkibble2

Smash Rookie
So, I ran around my whole town to try to get some flowers and it's horrible, theyre either all dead or theyre roses (and I can't get those just yet...).

Just gonna call her tonight and ask her to meet me somewhere tomorrow.
If you can't get flowers, just get her something else. I got my girl a Snuggie the night I asked her out. :)

By the way, what are the results?

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Nope she's not mormon. Her mom is from England and she's extremely traditional. Couple examples: She doesn't call guys, they have to call her, the whole dating thing..., and she wasn't allowed to go out with only one other person until she was 16.

Her parents are kinda crazy which makes it really hard on me. If I do start dating her, her mom will expect a ton out of me. I'm really not worried about that at all though, not trying to sound self-centered or anything, but I really am a good guy.

I'm not really sure what to do now though... She couldn't go to lunch with me cause she was working... So I'm hoping I can just get her to do something with me this week cause we're both on spring break.

Any suggestions? (I really don't wanna take her to a movie, so that's out) I just don't know how to set anything up with her working all the time...

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
So, sorry for the double post, just had to get this back from the dead...

So, I'm asking her out tonight. Really nervous but I got some reassurance from her best friend. Somehow the girl I'm asking is expecting me to ask her, so she was talking to her friend (who happened to be nice enough to contact me even though we've never met) and she said that If I asked, she'd say yes. So I'm kinda really excited/nervous right now.

SUPER-AWESOME-EDIT!: She said yes!

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
So, sorry for the double post, just had to get this back from the dead...

So, I'm asking her out tonight. Really nervous but I got some reassurance from her best friend. Somehow the girl I'm asking is expecting me to ask her, so she was talking to her friend (who happened to be nice enough to contact me even though we've never met) and she said that If I asked, she'd say yes. So I'm kinda really excited/nervous right now.

SUPER-AWESOME-EDIT!: She said yes!
Haha, ****! ROCK ON DUDE!
Congratulations ;D, don't mess that one up!

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Well, ****... She just called me and told me she couldn't go and that she's always just seen me as a friend. :/ Worst let down ever...

What do I do? Already given up on her... Though I don't want to. :/

EDIT: btw, how do I change the thread name?

highfive

Smash Lord
break in to her car and leave her a threat note
break in to her house and leave her a threat note
Pretend you've found someone else and then burn her house down
kidnap her and force her to love you

0_0

Ask her out to ice cream and talk about what you really feel for her and see if you can't work things out. If not then move on. Harsh but that's how the world works. Yeah. That.

gamerguy217

Smash Cadet
This thread brought a lot of memories back about me and my friend
good luck man, just keep pushing through the hard times

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
yea, trying to...

hmmm... Well, annoying thing is, she still wants to be friends cause I'm one of her best friends. But honestly, a straight on rejection would have made it better, but the way I was led on... I don't know what I can do. It hurt a lot worse by far.

I don't know, I just want(ed) to see where it could go. It seemed like it'd be awesome, but apparently she doesn't see it the same way.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
You guys are *****...

Your kind of people should never see the light of day. Don't go trollin' on my blog. It's a blog isn't it? There's no rule against me blogging about my life... You don't see people saying what you're saying here in all the sad sadistic emo blogs. You don't see "Oh, UB is gonna be filled up with 'My mom died' threads."

Just **** off and let me be.

EDIT: Sorry that was uncalled for... I'm just kinda upset.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
mmmmmkay thanks. You don't know me. Wanna leave me alone now?

btw you aren't helping at all.

but please tell me what's wrong with me ego. I really do want to know, maybe something I can work on.

masterdrenin

Smash Apprentice
it's a long story. she prob is just a person who's nice to most ppl but wants more personality and confidence out of a partner, etc. you'll learn in time

u need patience

Top Bottom