• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G6 monthlies! Round 1:e (NC/VA/AL/GA/NY/SC) BRING SETUPS!!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LOL you threatened with your attendance when you couldn't come anyway wtf

edit: hmmm well I guess NC is just spotty on it then. If we clock in on setups then it's possible. Snap'll just have to learn fast then.

I'd be fine with it either way, but I'll be darned if we get both in for the first one at least.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
but kadaj, most people in NC would probably assume that you're the better player than me.

given the choice between you and me, whoever the team captain would be, would choose you.

even tho my ganon *****.

i'm not popular enough in NC to get drafted, and i'm not quite so good that my skill completely outweighs such factors. i've contemplated becoming more popular for such purposes though...we'll see.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yea, I'm not going to spend a 3hour car ride to possibly go 0-2 in tourney, and don't give that 'get better' bull****
this is possibly what people were referring to. it does appear that you're saying "pools, or you won't see me"

Chris is a smart dude
3.95 bayb

edit: yeah, what you have isn't exactly popularity, dark hart, but you too would probably get drafted over me. NC really is an odd place.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Nonsense BlackChris, I ain't even good lol
and with that, you've made my point for me.

nonsense, indeed.

although in all reality, our skills are fairly comparable. have you chosen a character yet? if i remember correctly your fox gave me the most trouble, although somehow i liked what your marth had to offer more. tough to explain, but i think you understand...

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
so dark hart does that mean you...are going to make the 3 hour drive to possibly go 0-2?

or that you weren't gonna make the 3 hour drive anyway?

and if you weren't gonna make the 3 hour drive anyway, then you may as well just say "man, i'm not gonna make a 3 hour drive for a chance at some ****ty pool where i go 0-5 and not make bracket, **** that"

i'm just trying to gauge where the power in your statement lies...

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
the power in my statement was supposed to be, 'I don't like traveling long distances for a crappy tourney performance.' When pools was mentioned I jumped on it, because my favorite part of playing in tourneys was always pools, even when I went 0-8 in my TO5 pool. There's just so much you can learn from a pools experience, and then it totally get's one ready for the bracket experience, and helps you take those matches much more seriously.

iunno if no one agrees with me then whatev but I don't want it to be just because PP said so

I understand that there are going to be time constraints here, and I understand that it's because both games are being played in one day. I know how that would make pools an unlikely possibility, and I also get why crews was suggested. But I'd like it to at least become a normal thing for NC to consider adding pools to our tournaments

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I agree, pools teaches you a lot, but some of the good players in pools don't even play their main because they are that good or are in a pool with scrubs >_> I say pools should be done more often AFTER this tournament lol

It's cool for Snapple's first one to let him get adjusted. So we probably won't have pools.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I will never, ever do pools for a one day event, I learned better from TO and ROM

But I assure Lucas and EVERYONE that SLAM will have pools and will be a 2-3 day event

And it will be huge :D These will do for now

The Director

Smash Lord
Crews? Never done those before. Sounds fun. I'm from NC, though I don't know where I would fit in since I only ever play with people from SC.

I don't care. I just want to play some goddwam Smash Bros.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Want us to discuss crew rules Snap?

Also are you thinking Draft or NC vs OOS?

If you want us to debate over the first question and the rest of the rules I'm okay with that.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I was thinking If more than ten OOS comes then yes NC vs OSS

but if not draft crews are perfectly fine for me

and two captains will be picked and using kickball format will pick crew members.

If thats fine

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
can't decide which one i'd be more likely to get on, a draft crew, or the NC crew...

i'm probably placing 13th at this, so if we do 8 v 8, i should be in a draft crew, just barely. the odds of me being top 8 for whoever shows up for NC is fairly low though...and if enough good oos shows up, then they'd blast on us, especially if i were considered good enough to be on said NC crew...

/internal thoughts

i think we should do a draft crew. they're usually more exciting, and with whatever oos being on both sides of the crew, the hype can be there for all involved. it'll probably come out more balanced this way as well.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yo if that *** wants a 40 stock crew battle, then let the ***** have a 40 stock crew battle, ya dig?

you scurred yo 4 stocks wont have enough influence, nublet?

edit: WTF n!g is censored?

gay.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I like 8 v 8 more for our numbers turnout but sure man 10 v 10 is whatever to me lol.

Might be something better to look at as we see who all will show up.

also ima **** u in ganon dittos bit

Top Bottom