• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G6 monthlies! Round 1:e (NC/VA/AL/GA/NY/SC) BRING SETUPS!!

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Think about it, a hype Pre-G6 smashfest and then a hype tournament....I mean **** that is a **** ton of smash -- I won't be able to get enough smashin!!!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i mean the seventh is cool, certainly don't change things for me. if there won't be housing on the 14th, then making it a two day event (14th and 15th) would seem kinda crazy.

i approve of the seventh personally.

but if it could be like the billfests where like half the tournament "sleeps" in random uncomfortable locations while smash continues until about 4 am, then i'm sure much of NC and oos would enjoy that.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Honestly, because of where I live, I'm not expecting much OoS outstide of NC because, I'm JUST outside the border of NC...(I'm ****ing lame!!!) >_> lol

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Well guys since this is looking bigger and bigger and better everyday ive decided in everyones best interest to go find a bigger and better venue.

Starting tomorrow im going to open negotiations with a Doctor friend of my grandma

She owns a center five miles from my house that she host partys in and rents out.

I look forward to everyone coming :D

Duo55

Smash Ace
I'ma try my hardest to come to this. I'm getting my car fixed... again... so I should be good to travel. Mits should be coming too and possibly my older brother. Still need to check with the wife and get her squared away before I make any plans to travel. Hopefully green greens and water are still prohibited.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
hmm if its getting serious enough to consider a venue switch, you may want to consider pools.

hope enough setups are brought for both games.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
pools are so much better than crews imo

tourney wise at least...

Crews really just don't retain hype all the way through

not to mention pools can help seed the bracket much better than we normally do, and with oos coming I think that that's good option.

I honestly think NC needs to start doing pools much more often, even if no one gets cut, just using it for seeding and tournament experience purposes.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
pools are so much better than crews imo

tourney wise at least...

Crews really just don't retain hype all the way through

not to mention pools can help seed the bracket much better than we normally do, and with oos coming I think that that's good option.
Wtf does tourney wise even mean

If we keep it nc vs oos it could retain hype. I can't help you dudes get bored and blow plenty of your quality players earlier on.

Pools won't help us seed oos THAT well since we'll be separating plenty of them for the pools themselves.

Just this once we should do this to ensure that things finish on time and Snap gets adjusted to running a tournament.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i mean idk how small this first venue was, but if whatevers going down is serious enough to think that his initial place can't handle it, than either the first place wasn't very big at all, or snap has some pretty good expectations for people to go to charlotte.

draft crews would probably be better than any sort of NC vs oos thing

i would personally enjoy pools as well. it is why i suggested it. dunno which one would bring more hype to the tourney. it all depends on what snap wants.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
I'ma try my hardest to come to this. I'm getting my car fixed... again... so I should be good to travel. Mits should be coming too and possibly my older brother. Still need to check with the wife and get her squared away before I make any plans to travel. Hopefully green greens and water are still prohibited.
fox dittos.

no items.

final destination.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
wow, that's the most elitist thing you said in a while

can't argue with PP, since he's PP, right?

btw you still haven't explained to me why pools isn't a good idea.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
he's saying it's too time consuming/complicated to deal with for snaps tourney.

he's also saying that since there won't be a ton of oos, that they will be split up in the pools, therefore not many of them will be playing each other for the same spots so they'll be seated alongside each other anyway.

however, to disregard the concept that many players are looking at the option of getting multiple sets before the bracket, and possibly making it into bracket for at least two more sets vs being put into the bracket and then watching crews is silly. I think those two tourney experiences to not compare for those players, wouldn't you agree, kevin?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
he's saying it's too time consuming/complicated to deal with for snaps tourney.

he's also saying that since there won't be a ton of oos, that they will be split up in the pools, therefore not many of them will be playing each other for the same spots so they'll be seated alongside each other anyway.

however, to disregard the concept that many players are looking at the option of getting multiple sets before the bracket, and possibly making it into bracket for at least two more sets vs being put into the bracket and then watching crews is silly. I think those two tourney experiences to not compare for those players, wouldn't you agree, kevin?
yes

yes

Of course they're not going to compare, but this gives you more time for friendlies and MMs so you can get the sets vs people you want anyway.

Again, this is moreso for the benefit of Snap and the rep of these monthlies(finishing on time[efficiency] and hype) than it is for player experience this time around.

yea, I'm not going to spend a 3hour car ride to possibly go 0-2 in tourney, and don't give that 'get better' bull****
LOL east NC

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
lucas, why are you ignoring the actual reasoning behind no pools? they are making an case here.

I'd say pools would be good if it wasn't brawl and melee, but it's both.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I didn't say they weren't, but time is more important.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
hmm he makes a good point about no pools at herb3 being pretty weak.

i must admit, not having pools at herb3 was rather disappointing.

as many tournies as i've been to, the only one to have pools so far has been TO6. in my opinion, pool play is significantly different than a bracket. I recognize that i'm speaking for myself, but it would be very nice to have more experience in dealing with pool play.

This appears to be a tournament which has the potential to have enough players to be pool-worthy. that kind of density does not happen often in NC, and apparently hasn't happened since HERB2. Provided there are enough setups to run things, i don't feel like the run time of pools will tarnish the name of the G6 monthlies.

and I believe that if there will be enough setups/attendants to consider a shift of location, then it would be logical to say that there is the good potential for pools.

didn't all ya'll just do a crew battle anyway? i mean i'm sure very few involved were sober but...i mean what happened? did pp's crew lose or something?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
hmm he makes a good point about no pools at herb3 being pretty weak.

i must admit, not having pools at herb3 was rather disappointing.

as many tournies as i've been to, the only one to have pools so far has been TO6. in my opinion, pool play is significantly different than a bracket. I recognize that i'm speaking for myself, but it would be very nice to have more experience in dealing with pool play.

This appears to be a tournament which has the potential to have enough players to be pool-worthy. that kind of density does not happen often in NC, and apparently hasn't happened since HERB2. Provided there are enough setups to run things, i don't feel like the run time of pools will tarnish the name of the G6 monthlies.

and I believe that if there will be enough setups/attendants to consider a shift of location, then it would be logical to say that there is the good potential for pools.

didn't all ya'll just do a crew battle anyway? i mean i'm sure very few involved were sober but...i mean what happened? did pp's crew lose or something?
herb3 was also a regional, whereas this is a monthly. should we pull in several different states with great numbers some, then we'll talk about this being on the same level.

No pools at herb3 was disappointing though, I'll agree.

NC isn't the best about bringing setups lately. We certainly can't depend on OOS for it.

Crew battle at a christmas fest is not the same as one at a monthly with oos participating lol. Actual hype could be had lol.

Also I wasn't even on a crew.

This is all Snap's decision anyway.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
oops, meant HERB2.

the point is, you need plenty of time to be able to do pools. pools won't work with 4 events in one day.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Basically, if he wants pools and it can't be done...then there will be one less person at the event.

It's saddening but that's the way it goes sometimes. lol

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well **** it, i'm goin, and i won't be picked up on a draft crew, so between the two, i want pools.

/selfish.

as for setups, we had it stacked up at my tourney. i guess brawl will be kinda meh as always about setups, but melee had their ish down at my thing. hell we had a couple free setups half the time. **** was boss. so we capable.

Top Bottom