• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fusion of Three Bowser Guides

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
"Up throw
MP - 10%
KP - None.
The second of Bowser's two throws that don't kill. Does decent damage, and sets them in the air for a variety of things; like up air, forward air, etc.
!!!The enemy can not DI out of Bowser's up throw, meaning they can only go forward, or land straight in front of Bowser!!!"

No.

They can attempt to DI behind you, but they'll just go directly above you.
They can make no attempt to DI, and be above you + slightly in front of you.
Or they can DI away from you, and get this weird boosted floatiness away from you (still in front of you)

Get all your data correct.

1 :mewtwo: 373 Created using PokeScript - by Havokk
Fixed. Thanks for the correction, by the way. Be sure to tell me if there are anymore misunderstood things in there.

LinIsKorean

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff, you may want to mention that the Bowser Bomb can be ledge-cancelled for stalling / ledge-games. ^.^ Oh, and the Dair does suck, but it can shield poke and will hit the shielding opponent if you land it correctly. The terrible ending lag makes it a lulzy move though.

LinIsKorean

Smash Journeyman
Havokk's got mah back. lulz

Also, you didn't mention the Dash Attack anywhere. It's actually pretty good if you use good spacing. Though, I guess all moves are like that. lol

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
O sht-

Yeah, I knew I missed some stuff since I wrote this at about 3 in the morning for me, tis why I'm skimming it now to see what I did miss and what I didn't.

-Added Dash attack
-Fix'd Down Air

Also Blistering Speed - That's why it's called a COMPENDIUM, not a guide. I also threw in some eh stuff as well, this is made for ease of use since everything is in one thread.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I think a thread fusing should be done. I saw two other guides that were just as good as this one and If they were put together with this one into one thread it would be pretty awesome. It was done in the Pokemon Center by a mod so....

I could request a mod to do it but I'll need your permission (if you don't know what it is, it's basically puts all 3 of the OP's into 1 thread).

-:bowser:Bowser King

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
I don't mind at all. It's actually be better since It'd have multiple views on attacks and stuff. But who'd be able to edit it for new finds or something, though? Like who'd be the thread creator?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207630&highlight=guide

plus this and the sticky. There is also sliq's but I'm not sure if he'd be up for a fusion.

There was another talking about general discussion and it had some stuff like wave fire but it was pretty empty.

EDIT: I sent a PM to the other 2 thread creators and they should reply, hopefully, today. I'll send a PM to a mod when I get there approval.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I've done what I can, merging the three threads and trying to set it up so that the three guides are the first three posts of the thread. Unfortunately, the only way I could figure out how to do this is copy one of the posts into three posts, and then edit the other two guides. So basically, only one of the thread creators has power over the three posts. I can see if I can try to change that by asking a higher-up, but this was the best I could do for now.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Thanks Youko!

I guess if it has to stay this way, liquid gen and dynamism? could always PM the OP to edit the stuff in (likely through a copy+paste).

Me14k

Smash Lord
Neat-o.

If you need me to make any edits to the first three posts...preferably AIM me at Me14k

I don't like using my PM box.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I have recently used Bowser's Dair as a regular damage builder, they usually try to DI the opposite way I am DIing and if I am able, I follow it up with either a Reversed Jab or F-tilt. It can work, but it takes to string the two together very well.

Nate9

Smash Rookie
Oh cool. I main Bowser, and according to these guides, I'm doing everything right!

abilash81

Smash Rookie
“Bowser,” aka “King of the Koopas” is a World Boss in Mushroom Kingdom Fusion. He appears in World 1 (The Mushroom Kingdom), making Bowser the first World Boss that the Mushroom Kingdom Coalition has to face.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Many Words

(I did read alot of it by the way)

One thing I find useful is doing B-Reversal Side B. When I DJ, I try to come back down on them and pull off a reversed Side B, and it sometimes works.

Another thing I have found that could help against Aerialists is a Pseudo-Wave Bounce incorporating the Double Jump via Short Hop. You SH forward, then press the C-stick set to Smash in the forward for example DJ'ing in the opposite direction and you'll perform a backward F-air, they jump up you reverse, they get clawed.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
News of Dynamism

My thing is out of date...but fear not.

RAWR!!!!

MASSIVE UPDATE

There will be an Update late December/early January in the guide(ish) thing I wrote in terms of "what to do with Bowser to win!"

It will include almost every critical and trivial situation possible in almost all match ups. Every possible valid option in tough situations and the best option risk vs reward in other cases. I'll be getting input from all the best sources after my own, and add to what is already there that is still good to this day. The general idea of how to win with Bowser, but more specific in areas and more modern to his potential best playstyle.

Until then....I must say my goodbyes

<33333

*straight from AiB and my region threads here*

News of Dynamism

I'm officially and effectively quitting all smash events, including hosting tournaments, travelling to tournaments, smashing in free time, visiting forums and watching smash, as of August 16th. My last attendance being on August 15th. The community here in the Okanagan will have to go on without me driving, hosting, organizing or bringing people together for the first time. <3 you all, you know what you can do!

Upon return, which will be somewhere late fall or early winter, I will continue to pursue becoming better than my idol as a Luigi main in Melee, as well as picking up many characters I've never tampered with at a competitive level before.

I've had more melee experience over the last 2 months than the rest of the previous year combined and I learned too much to apply all at once. A break to break away from my motionless, slow, predicting rather than punishing play which I can't get much better with is what I need to advance and apply all that I've come to understand.

Aside from that, I will again be a Bowser main in Brawl as he apparently needs more good people playing as him in tournament, and I've been requested numerously to do so. I'll try to get back to where I was last November as one of the top Bowsers in the world, though I have much to catch up on.

Take care. <3

1FD

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Isn't Dynanism that guy that played Scatz...or that might be Dyno.

I still don't know who he is ._.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Naw, never played scatz, I'm extinct as a Bowser and have been for a looooong time.

Remember when Sliq was a good Bowser? Yeah, that's basically when I left Brawl entirely cause I remember him getting good near my end in the game haha

That's when the metagame was like 0% developped though, so pretty much means nothing. Especially when there were NO Bowsers at the time. (maybe a few others that could place well in tourney but not many, not many at all)
So don't mind me XD

LB, no vids WC Canada never happens. ;D

Mecha, do you have a different AiB name?

Top Bottom